Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

obd2 Code reader

Auris Geezer

As my Auris is the oldest car I've had for more than ten years, I'm thinking of getting a code reader/reset  just be on the safe side.

What do you knowledgable people recommend please?  Ideally under £100.

Cheers, Trev.

If you just want to read and erase codes, you can get  Launch CR3001, which is like under 20 GBP. 

I keep mine in the car. It can read/delete codes, do some tests, can read live data etc. It has it's own display. Pretty decent and gets the job done.

I saw some other member have it too. 

• Thanks 1

Bearing in mind mine is a hybrid, is that one still suitable please?

44 minutes ago, Auris Geezer said:

Bearing in mind mine is a hybrid, is that one still suitable please?

No! The That launch is too basic for a car like yours or even a Mk1 Auris. You need to scan ABS, TRC, SRS, power steering modules too! A lot of faults tend to be from these, as much as the engine, plus some faults are interlinked. I use a Launch Creader VIII which I got back in 2015, and that covers a lot. It cost me £175 back then but has gone up in price a lot. I get updates, and it covers practically most cars. I also use Techstream which I downloaded modified versions 12 and 13. I bought a cable with an earlier version of Toyota Techstream. I use it on an old Windows XP netbook. I also have Delphi with a suitable cable loaded onto the same netbook. Both are cheap, but you need an old laptop and be prepared to follow the complicated installation procedure. The price ranges from £15 to £35 depending on seller and quality of the software, so buyer beware! Search Delphi DS150 and Mini VCI J2534 with Toyota Techstream. You get a CD with the software and drivers    
Here are are other alternatives - http://www.diagnostic-world.com/pages/Toyota_Lexus_Isuzu_iCarsoft_i905_Multi_System_Diagnostic_Tool_SRS_ABS_Engine_etc__189010-z=605301&p=71203.cfm
http://www.diagnostic-world.com/pages/toyota_code_readers__diagnostic_scan_reset_amp_tools_189125.cfm

You can get cheaper but these are suggestions. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links