Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

204bhp Glanza

starletsr

Amazing glanza, dunno who owns it though, saw it at max power.

The stats

Toyota Glanza V

Engine:

HKS super Dragger Exhaust system

HKS Super SQV Blow-off valve

HKS turbo timer

HKS induction kit with heat shield

HKS plugs and racing leads

Chipped and re-mapped

TRD oil cooler

Transmissions

TRD gearbox with TRD contribution clutch

Suspension:

TRD adjustables front and rear coilovers

Performance:

204 BHP

0-60 in 6.4Secs

101_0120.jpg

101_0177.jpg

Another GT turbo there too

100_0055.jpg

Try driving with all the loud music in this Renault. lol

100_0023.jpg

i was just gonna say exactly the same as Starletsy! thats utter crap!

And why the hell would you chip and remap with those mods!?

Max Power do print some rubbish!

oh right, i need an engine for my paseo and don't know wat to do. i could rebuild the standard engine the 1.5 or fit some thing different but needs to be easyto install.

204bhp. Bullocks...

204BHP is possible but not with mods that have been mentioned!

As a starlet tuner myself I know that you have really spend some money into tunning in such a way that it gains powers upto 204BHP, my car is running on around 190BHP, but my future plans are to pump it to arround 330BHP, that will involve a blitz stage3 turbo, front mounted intercooler, forged pistons, power boost valve, irridum spark plugs and leads by blitz, motec ecu, racing fuel pump, 750cc injectors, water injection kit, dual boost controller and bottom end engine work i.e crankshaft etc! keep your eyes open for a crazy starlet, if you would like to see the starlet in action then make your way on 10th of october for the jap show at santa pod 20041 ;) :yes::thumbsup:

wot engine is tht? jus a starlet turbo? im stil considerin dropin a lump in mine like a MR2 or celica GT lump which are best does ne1 no?

As a starlet tuner myself I know that you have really spend some money into tunning in such a way that it gains powers upto 204BHP, my car is running on around 190BHP

Have you made 190 bhp using the standard turbo and intercooler? If so what have you done to your car? I've fitted a full HKS super drager exhaust, de cat pipe, K&N induction kit, Magnecor leads, Blitz sparkplugs, FSE power boost valve, Blitz BOV, bleed valve set to 0.9 bar, plus lots of other little things I cant think of off the top of my head and all I gained was 10bhp at the wheels.

Please don't take this the wrong way, I'm not doubting you, its just that I'd be interested to know how I can take my car up to 190 brake without a bigger turbo and intercooler. The garage I got it tuned in didn't think it was possible to get much more power out of it with the standard turbo and intercooler so I’d like to know what I’ve missed.

750cc injectors. Way OTT if you ask me...

same turbo and intercooler!

current modifications:

blitz super sonic induction system

hks sqv blow off valve (reduces turbo lag)

blitz fuel regulator

hks fuel cut defencer

turbosmart boost controller

de-cat

free flow exhaust system by powerflow (5.86BHP GAINS WITH CAT)

motec engine mangement system (M4 SYSTEM) future upgrade to higher spec!

standard ecu controls various departments

another thing, my father and his brother were mechanics for toyota, so there have been some mods to the throttle body, injectors, 2 ecus etc, i cant give that much information in detail because its confidential.

if u want best results let me know i will be gald to help u out! :thumbsup:

750cc injectors on a 1.3. I've forgotten pretty much everything I learned when it comes to working out the duty cycle for injectors but 750's is what you would fit on a 600BHP skyline, so I would think on a lowly 1.3 would be too much.

I'm always suspcious of peoples power gains. Mainly because many people belong to the Maxed Muppet brigade of thinking.

By looking at your spec you've only actually done a couple of things to increase performance, was your measurement WHP or FWHP?

What sort of boost pressure and intake temps you getting?

I'm a learning freak so I like having all the info I can handle! It does seem that by changing the exhaust and adding a induction kit and remapping that 60 odd BHP is alot of gains.

Not trying to rain on your parade but some more info and maybe a dyno sheet and some pics of your motor would be nice. Show us what you can do when you put a mind to it! ;)

Back to the max powered starlet, why do people use those incredibly naff braided cables. You know the ones, the ones that fit over the pipe and just look crap! I also like the random unsecured large peice of silicon by the Battery, very nice :).

Incidently, does anyone know how efficient the Starlet intercooler is? Easiest way if you have the time would be to take a boost reading before and after the intercooler. Would be interesting on how much pressure it drops over the core.

Also any more pics of a Glanza's engine bay, any with the intercooler off. Would like to know the arrangement to see how easy/hard it is going to be to fit the turbo engine in. All I can see needing done is relocation the expansion tank because of the turbo. Thanks in advance!!

Just used a quick net calculation guide for injector sizing. For 330BHP you would need 4 injectors at 650cc's. Thats at an 80% injector duty cycle. The equation for working out injector sizing is:

Injector Flow Rate (cc/min) =

Engine HP(1) x BSFC(2) x 10.5/Number of Injectors x Injector duty cycle

Where BSFC is brake specific fuel consumption, which is the efficiency of your engines fuel usage in laymans terms.

I've rooted out some cool links for anyone who wants to learn more!

wots that bumper thats been hacked onto the glanza thats wot happens when a poor innocent car gets into the hands of a ***** with a burberry hat!

thats exactly what i was going to say, lol BILLY BOY UPGRADE FROM HIS NOVA OR SOMETHING!!!

i think spraying the intercooler cover has made the airflow alot greater air the air particles must love that colour so much they dive in to have a look and get sucked in,

a extra 60bhp there then,

and those REAL braided hoses must work a treat, WTF!!!! why bother with ****ty hose covers, if your going to do anything, do it properly.

by the looks of the car, it will be running 145hp at the fly max,

and the only way he must be getting 204hp is by running about 3bar blowing the engine, perhaps the car is no more,

lol..

SI....

As a starlet tuner myself I know that you have really spend some money into tunning in such a way that it gains powers upto 204BHP, my car is running on around 190BHP, but my future plans are to pump it to arround 330BHP, that will involve a blitz stage3 turbo, front mounted intercooler, forged pistons, power boost valve, irridum spark plugs and leads by blitz, motec ecu, racing fuel pump, 750cc injectors, water injection kit, dual boost controller and bottom end engine work i.e crankshaft etc! keep your eyes open for a crazy starlet, if you would like to see the starlet in action then make your way on 10th of october for the jap show at santa pod 20041 ;) :yes::thumbsup:

I look forward to it :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links