Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Registering my Device on line for My Toyota

Bowruss

Hello

This all sounds a bit dopey but I'm trying to set up My Toyota for my new 2020 Rav 4 and the on line process asks me to register my multi media.  I'm struggling with this as the step by step doesn't work in my car.  I assume I need to register it to get any updates as they come along.

I think I have a problem with selecting one of the four options as none seem to match the one in my car which is hte Design - the second trim level down from the top one.

Can anyone confirm which multi media device I have and then what steps I need to take to register it?  It all worked fine with my 2016 Prius and with my last 2018 Rav so I started off feeling very confident!

Thanks in advance

Russell

The Design, Excel and Dynamic trims all have the same system (technically the Icon has the same but without sat nav), silly question - have you done more than the minimum for the My Toyota site (120 miles rings a bell?)

Firstly you need to register the multimedia on the My Toyota part of the website -

image.thumb.png.894b88c39c663aaffc4ad30185370a8d.png

Once you've done that you should see the above, although you'll probably see yours as 19MM as you have CarPlay etc.  After that you can now log in with your My Toyota log in to the sat nav (unfortunately the car is with my mother-in-law so I can't show steps).

Once that bit is done you can now go to the e-store online

image.thumb.png.16c9a6c5cbbb86e51d18c6b1885c85a3.png

Once there you can now download the latest map update (although you may want to wait for 2020 v1 which will be available soon)

image.thumb.png.67144aa17e8df663f7c4c577f095607f.png

I also connected the mother-in-laws' car to my WiFi so I can start doing downloads straight to the car via the e-store app (which may need downloading!) 

image.thumb.png.c3d59a13e0bf479b0bb843544de43a39.png

If I'm honest, it's a proper headache trying to get all that to work, thankfully it's only done once! 

Thanks friends.  This all does look a bit complex so I don't now feel as dumb!

Looking at the European Update Map site, I think I have the Toyota Touch 2 with Go (CY17/CY17+) version so I'll have a struggle with that one.

I'm intrigued by duncerduncs' point about mileage.  This had not occured to me as I didn't think mileage was relevant.  Because of the lockdown, I'm only up to about 60 miles.  Does this matter?  Do you know why?

Thanks again

Russell

Yes you have to do around 120 miles first 

Thanks Buff69.  I had no idea the car was so smart and would never have thought this mattered!

So - I wait until I get a bit more on it and try again.

Do people agree I have Toyota Touch 2 with Go (CY17/CY17+)?

Thanks

Russell

16 hours ago, Buff69 said:

Yes you have to do around 120 miles first 

1 hour ago, Bowruss said:

Do people agree I have Toyota Touch 2 with Go (CY17/CY17+)?

Yes you do   :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Bowruss how have you got on, have you managed to do it yet?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Buff69 and sorry for not getting back to you sooner.

Still not done it!  The plague has kept the Rav in so mileage still only about 65!!!

I will be back - eventually....

Best wishes to everyone.

Russ

• 2 weeks later...

Hi mate wont be long now hopefully stay safe 👍