Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Head unit (6 CD changer) --> how to add the phone book from mobile phone through BT

mflorant

Dears,

The following problem I have:

I have tried several times to add my phone book to the head unit via BT to see the names and numbers when someone is calling but I cannot manage it.

Is there trick?

Ps: every time when I try to send the phone book as new entry it drops the BT connection on the head unit and I do not know how to transfer it from the phone as the user manual says

Have you checked HERE to see if your phone and headunit are compatible?

It is compatible, by the list. Maybe other suggestions?

Is your head unit the nav version or the standard version? I know there are two versions of the standard head unit - single disc with CD changer port on the rear, which I have or the multi disc unit, where you feed more than disc through the slot. The phone book option is not good and I gave up with the transfer. I just add a few numbers manually. Since then I added a Bluetooth/USB interface via the CD changer port, for better functionality - 

Thank you Konrad

My head unit is with multi disc unit. I have managed to transfer a few numbers via BT but it can only be done one by one...

Pity shame for toyota...

Hi Lorant

Toyota's system is not user friendly when using the bluetooth features on the early T27 models without Nav. The setup procedure is slow. Instead of the widely used pairing setup, you have to speak the name of the device during the pairing process. Same for inputting names and numbers. It is best load only the most commonly contacted numbers. The worst thing with the bluetooth, is only voice is transmitted like calls and depending on the phone navigation commands. music is not supported! This is why I added a Bluetooth/USB adapter (via the CD changer port), which gives me a second bluetooth for my other mobile phone, plus full integration with the car. Another advantage is the map will be up to date. I use Google maps and Here maps, and you can download areas or in the case of Here maps the whole country. Even the Nav unit falls behind, especially when it comes to map updates!   

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links