Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2003 Reg Estima 3.0 ABS problem

mike.g

I have an Estima Areas 3.0, 2003 Reg with an ABS problem. The ABS pump runs constantly, the engine management light is on and the speedo stops working. The engine is running OK and the bus drives normally, I have unplugged the ABS unit to stop the pump running. have any of you Estima owners come across this or similar problems before? don't have an OBD reader and the garage I use is shut due to 'that virus'! any ideas? hope it is just a sensor somewhere (or my wallet does!). Thanks...  

maybe you just have to wait it out and then get a definitive answer/code read when some type of normality comes back.?.

Could simply be a wheel speed sensor.?

It's not a problem I've had thankfully.

I can't help either I'm afraid. My local garages scanner won't read the Estima codes so I purchased my own.

Thanks all for your replies, its still useable but of course its not getting much use right now! 

Does the pump run constantly after you start the engine and do this before you even start moving. 

If it runs after you start moving it is possibly a wheel sensor at fault.

Worst case is you will need a new pump that will cost a small fortune.

Hi Phil, unfortunately the pump runs as soon as the ignition is on and engine running without moving so have to leave the ABS unplugged if I need to use the bus. luckily I have another car to go shopping in. So for now waiting to take it to get a code reader plugged in for trouble shooting.

As a result of unplugging it there will be a load of codes generated that need to be cleared to see what codes existed prior to it being unplugged. ALL OTHER control units will need to be checked for fault codes too as a result of it being unplugged.

Just a thought but perhaps there is a relay at fault somewhere.