Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Recall

ian rooke

Hi according to Toyota my 2016 Prius is due for a recall does anyone know what it is for so I can know if it is safe to use the car, the recall site tells you only that it has a recall not what it is for .

thanks Flash22 unfortunately It still only says there is a recall not what it is  

25 minutes ago, ian rooke said:

thanks Flash22 unfortunately It still only says there is a recall not what it is  

It's for the driver's seat belt warning switch, they put a new stalk (the bit that the seat belt buckle goes into) in mine when they did the service last month. It's not an urgent fix, I suppose at worst you won't get a warning light if your seat belt isn't fastened or the light may be on when it is.

1 hour ago, ian rooke said:

Comes up fine if you do a search without reg, click on the item and it gives the full info

Not sure if this link works

https://www.check-vehicle-recalls.service.gov.uk/recall-type/vehicle/make/TOYOTA/model/PRIUS/year/2016/recalls

Thanks Flash22 and Kithmo looks like the worst you will get is a buzzer going off so safe to drive 

• Like 1

Agreed. I also have the 2016 model. I’m going to try and wait it out till the September service...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links