Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wiper blades - Auris tourer 2013

Packard

Go out to use car (for genuine reason under c-19) and due to lack of use the drivers wiper blade is totally stuffed.  I always buy OEM. As previous attempts for non genuine just caused judder and smear.

So anyone know of any Toyota parts dept that does online delivery and or what is a good make to use as I can’t get OEM. (Toyota online state not eta for opening their online parts dept) which is normally via eBay

Car can’t be used as wiper blade is beyond useable. 

Any recommendations for blades Bosch aero ? Valeo

or just but cheap as and replace with OEM when back in stock.

Bosch Aerotwin seem to get good reports.

If you decide to get a cheap blade to tide you over and then get Toyota blades, the best value options are:

1. Refills which fit the existing blade

2. Toyota Optifit which are made by Trico

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for this, do you know where sells the refills - know couple of years ago Toyota did sell the refills but local dealer stopped after one refill go.

Toyota dealers. Could pm Parts-King (include what you want and your reg no as a minimum) to see whether they (Lindop Toyota) are open for parts sales.

• Thanks 1

When I last bought some Auris wipers, which was around a couple of years ago, I could buy Denso  badged, complete wipers from Euro Car Parts (with the discount code) for almost the same price as just the wiper inserts from the dealers.  They were fractionally different design to the ones that were supplied by Toyota with the car, but that might have been simply a minor design update since the car was made.

But, when I have looked on their website since, usually they list the wipers with the Denso option, but sometimes they don't. 

Also, don't overlook Car Parts 4 Less, their mail-order sister company, who generally have an identical range for slightly less money.

I have tried Valeo wipers and thought them very good (on a different car), and then a subsequent set were awful (missed a large portion of the screen despite some extreme experimentation) and I had to return them to ECP as defective (which was very difficult and time-consuming) for some Bosch ones, which were fine.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks all, with discount codes got set of AeroTwin for £20 delivered.  Theother options were out of stock or £25 plus

Thanks 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Toyota dealers. Could pm Parts-King (include what you want and your reg no as a minimum) to see whether they (Lindop Toyota) are open for parts sales.

I don't think they are. I messaged PK ages ago and no reply. I was advised, by another poster, that Toyota are shut!

https://www.wiper-blades-refills.co.uk/

I have used the above in the past for refills. However, the quality is not that good, they split in less than a year (my experience), take ages to deliver and that costs a bit too much in my opinion.

I recently used wiperblades.co.uk to replace the rear wipers on both my Auris and my wife's Golf. (Same old hot weather, ragging the blades to bits.) Parts were Bosch, prices were fine,.and delivery was next day. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

In researching what wipers to buy for my Auris I came across this Denso diagram illustrating the performance differences of standard/flat/hybrid wipers.

image.thumb.png.603c3dce025d7e91c67cb8aa79ad9193.png

I've hence ordered some hybrid ones & it will be interesting to see if they live up to the hype.