Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

How to maintain fully charged the 12V battery

arvani

Greetings,

I just collected my 2020 CHR 2.0 Hybrid, and was wondering what would be the right thing to do in order to keep the 12V Battery fully charged, while in quarantine.

I read in a Toyota UK blog, that the best way is to just have the car in "ready" mode and sit there ~1 hour at least once per week. That implies that the ICE will occasionally run to charge the traction battery and the latter will charge the 12V one. Is my understanding correct? Does this suffice to maintain both batteries healthy during the shutdown?

Apologies for using the corolla forum, it just happens that my CHR shares the same engine with the corolla 2.0 hybrid so it could be useful for other owners too.

Thanks in advance,

Chris

The article on Toyota UK blog covers petrol, diesel and hybrids, so presumably the advice Toyota gave is correct. See below:

On my previous Toyota hybrid (Auris TS) we went to New Zealand leaving the car in a car park near Heathrow for five weeks.  When we got back it started without a problem and the drive Battery was virtually at the same level as when we left it.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links