Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

MOT history check

wildtapholer

This may have been covered before but this is free, if you have a smart phone download an app called Vehicle Smart, it will give you any vehicles MOT history, if it's taxed, when due, any car I look at buying, I run it through this and it gives me all MOT fails if any and any advisories it has ever had, just for a laugh I was watching an old wheeler dealer programme this week so ran the reg through vehicle smart and it was still road worthy, plus if you were to ever have an accident run the other cars reg through it, at least you will know if it's got an MOT and if it hasn't it probably hasn't insurance either, just a thought.

• Like 2

You've been able to do this for at least 2.5 years by accessing the following Government website for free:

https://www.gov.uk/check-mot-history

This service also enables you to check for safety recalls, though if you wish to check for Toyota voluntary customer service campaigns (ie. not safety related recalls), you can use Toyota's recall checker - https://www.toyota.co.uk/owners/vehicle-information/recall-checker

Also see:

• Like 2

The app's much better than the .gov site as it gives more information on one page plus it's more user friendly and it can saves your searches too. 

Yes I like this app too. ISTR the basic version is free and it lets you save previously searched reg numbers, so avoids having to type them into the gov website each time if it's a reg you monitor regularly. Out of pure nosiness I also keep the reg numbers of a few of mine and my family's old cars saved on it just to see if they are still running!

You also get a larger 'garage' storage if you upgrade to premium, well worth the few pennies imo!

Moved to General Discussions

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links