Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Yaris Cross revealed

FROSTYBALLS

Looks actually good, will sell very well imo. 

Bit more info: 

• Thanks 1

That looks quite good. They've done away with the current Yaris grotesque front end too.

I wish they wouldn't position that display as though someone had glued some random tablet p.c. there as what looks like an afterthought! Many manufacturers do that rather than incorporate the screen properly.

I can't see a proper handbrake either. That alone would cross it off my shortlist.

Does anybody know if there will be lumbar support in the drivers seat ?

• 2 weeks later...

Whilst smaller than the Corolla TS, I'm quite interested in this: the higher ride height, I-AWD and improved lowdown torque (which is what I finding lacking in ECO-mode of my Auris) appeals to me.

I wonder what the MPG will be like.

As a committed Yaris fan...I think wife has just found her next car....what she calls a small Rav 4...lol

Nice.!

Yeah, it does look like a RAV4 baby lol. I wonder how big the boot will be with the Cross being 20 cm. longer than the regular, new Yaris.

2 minutes ago, RUToyota said:

As a committed Yaris fan..

Would you say three people in the back of a Yaris is acceptable?

On 5/7/2020 at 2:55 PM, Nicolai said:

Yeah, it does look like a RAV4 baby lol. I wonder how big the boot will be with the Cross being 20 cm. longer than the regular, new Yaris.

Would you say three people in the back of a Yaris is acceptable?

The Yaris Cross is 24 cm longer than the new Yaris - 60cm at the front, 18cm at the rear.

As regards width, the new Yaris is 5cm wider than the current model, and the Yaris Cross another 2cm wider - so the Cross will be 7cm wider than the current Yaris. As to how much that translates to interior width, and seating accommodation remains to be seen.

On ‎4‎/‎26‎/‎2020 at 11:19 AM, mrpj said:

That looks quite good. They've done away with the current Yaris grotesque front end too.

I wish they wouldn't position that display as though someone had glued some random tablet p.c. there as what looks like an afterthought! Many manufacturers do that rather than incorporate the screen properly.

I can't see a proper handbrake either. That alone would cross it off my shortlist.

I love the front on the present Yaris, looks great in Black, that's why I bought it. One man's junk is another man's treasure.

I also think the front of current yaris looks absolutely fine. 

Crossover is nice looking, but at 114bhp same as normal new Yaris is a bit lacking for it's less efficient aerodynamic and more weight. For these reasons it wouldn't interest me, I would just get the normal Yaris if I were looking at this supermini petrol hybrid segment. 

• 5 months later...

Not my thing.

A car is a car; an off-road vehicle is an off-road vehicle. A cross-over is neither.

• 4 weeks later...

The real reason people get an SUV these days is nothing to do with off road abilities. It is about ease of getting in and out and a better view being high up. If you are disabled or elderly or have some other reason why this might be a problem then they are ideal. Often considered better looks as well these days. Of course they have their disadvantages but as with every car you have to make your personal priorities then compromise.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/26/2020 at 11:19 AM, mrpj said:

I’m afraid all new Toyota’s have the electronic handbrake as have many new cars however I do agree that they can be problematic unless looked after. As regards the display you get used to it and you are less inclined to take your eyes of the road

• 2 weeks later...

Any info available on catalyser position/protection on the Yaris Cross?  Toyota must have been aware of catalyser thefts when developing the Cross so I would hope they have addressed the issue.

Whilst you are waiting for other answers from those that know for sure, then this thread might help:-

The engine is almost certainly the same as a regular Yaris hybrid.  So in spite of the fact that the car's height will make it easier for filth to get underneath, the car  has the same exhaust design as the regular Yaris hybrid, which is good; removing the catalyst is inherently much harder - realistically, you are going to have to get the bonnet up to access the fasteners, or to try to saw through the manifold upstream of the catalyst - right up close to the engine. This is going to be time-consuming, an you'll be working above and below the car.

I don't think this engineering is a security inspired choice - the old Yaris hybrid had basically the same design of exhaust manifold, and doesn't feature in the catalyst theft statistics, almost certainly for the same reason.

Not due to go on sale until approx June 2021.

On 12/30/2020 at 12:32 PM, BigRedSwitch said:

Any info available on catalyser position/protection on the Yaris Cross?  Toyota must have been aware of catalyser thefts when developing the Cross so I would hope they have addressed the issue.

Many thanks to Gerg for his reply - it has given me more confidence in the possibility of getting a Yaris.