Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toyota yaris hybrid 2015 issue

Irshad04

Hi,

I apologize if I'm posting this in the wrong section as I'm new to the forum.

I have a Toyota yaris hybrid 2015 and I have been having issue with the ready light not coming on and the engine light is on.

Any idea what could be causing these issues.

So I was driving and all of a sudden the car just stopped and there was a vibration sounded like the motor I believe.

The car warrenty from Toyota has just finished and they said they would need to charge us to even look at the fault. I was told £144 per hour which I don't want.

I did explain to them due to the on-going issues with the covid 19 as well but no luck.

I have attached images of the dashboard.

Any help.

Regrads

IMG-4919.JPG

IMG-4917.JPG

Hopefully this is an easy one is there anything down around the hand brake ? Make sure the ev mode switch isnt stuck or jammed

do you have the keyless entry and go (keyless start) ?

How do you start the car ? foot on the brake press and hold the start button ?

38 minutes ago, flash22 said:

Hopefully this is an easy one is there anything down around the hand brake ? Make sure the ev mode switch isnt stuck or jammed

do you have the keyless entry and go (keyless start) ?

How do you start the car ? foot on the brake press and hold the start button ?

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

I think that it is a keyless entry but I have attached an picture of the car key.

Yeah foot on the brake and then press the start button.

F762DE48-F2ED-4EEB-8F07-EBFF15B6C575.jpeg

2A53D552-C775-4B0C-A115-3B24E5954916.jpeg

Has the car been sitting for a few weeks ? on the first press of the button the dash lights up anyway

Do you have to put the fob on the button to start the car ?

10 minutes ago, flash22 said:

Has the car been sitting for a few weeks ? on the first press of the button the dash lights up anyway

Do you have to put the fob on the button to start the car ?

The car hasn’t been sitting, the first press of the button light up the dashboard and then when you push the brakes and then start button those are the light which are displayed.

3BA3EB40-8850-405A-8BC6-638274A551F9.jpeg

Ah OK, check the 12V Battery voltage (drivers side under the back seat) then read the codes with a scan tool

What dealership ? Jemca ?

18 minutes ago, flash22 said:

Ah OK, check the 12V battery voltage (drivers side under the back seat) then read the codes with a scan tool

What dealership ? Jemca ?

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. What scan tool should I use with the Toyota Yaris hybrid.

i bought one and didn’t notice that it didn’t work with hybrid.

It doesn't matter the ecu will log generic obd2 codes

21 minutes ago, flash22 said:

It doesn't matter the ecu will log generic obd2 codes

Hi,

I got this one Streetwize OBDII Fault Code Reader - LCD Screen.

I checked and it doesn’t read any codes.

Regards

IMG-4919.thumb.JPG.b50b59513cb8e12f429946c1783687b3.JPG
IMG-4917.thumb.JPG.a6517e08b5162e375a0517f28fb9f18e.JPG

This is funny. I have a 2016 Yaris Hybrid, which is a German model, so it is left hand drive (yours probably is right hand drive). Although my car has the dashboard on the other side, my cockpit looks the same as yours, speedometer in the center, fuel gauge on the right side, power gauge on the left side...

... but the control lights seem to be swapped: my car has the electro-mode car and the ready sign in the right gauge and stuff like the EV sign in the left gauge.

Okay, your cockpit has an mph scale, mine has a km/h scale, but why did they bother to swap the control lights?

Another thing: Sometimes I had the problem that my Yaris Hybrid would not start up the HSD system. My guess: After pressing the start button I did not wait long enough and touched the gearbox stick before the beep.

Best regards from Bavaria
Frank

Hi, this might be something related to the brake pedal switch, if faulty or disconnected, it looks like the car is stuck in Acc mode and not able to start or goes into ready mode because the ecu doesn’t get signal from the brake pedal when pressed. Maybe good to check that too. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

Hi, this might be something related to the brake pedal switch, if faulty or disconnected, it looks like the car is stuck in Acc mode and not able to start or goes into ready mode because the ecu doesn’t get signal from the brake pedal when pressed. Maybe good to check that too. 

Hi.

Thanks for your message.

where is the brake pedal switch and I know this might be a silly question but how do I check if it in acceleration mode. The gearbox level is on P which mean park.

I have also put the 12v Battery on charge. (See attached image)

Regards

6731AF57-886A-4754-B5D9-EABCD42C7720.jpeg

8F49B868-598E-44E0-8A43-F7E4BE83C7AB.jpeg

26524A71-25BD-4C09-9268-D4996826B482.jpeg

The hybrid uses an agm type Battery and needs to be charged low and slow, but that looks ok

Can you shift the car from P to D with the brake pressed ? or does the dash show shift into P ?

How do you start the car ? Get in and press the button ? or hold the fob on the button ?

Sampleman

The Ready and EV are on the right, the EV on the left is for EV mode (button by the handbrake)

14 hours ago, flash22 said:

The hybrid uses an agm type battery and needs to be charged low and slow, but that looks ok

Can you shift the car from P to D with the brake pressed ? or does the dash show shift into P ?

How do you start the car ? Get in and press the button ? or hold the fob on the button ?

Sampleman

The Ready and EV are on the right, the EV on the left is for EV mode (button by the handbrake)

Hi,

Thanks for your message.

Yeah I get in the car and press the brake pedal and then the start button but no ready light 😞

try this - get in the car, foot on the brake place the fob on the button then press and hold the start button

4 hours ago, flash22 said:

try this - get in the car, foot on the brake place the fob on the button then press and hold the start button

Hi,

So I have placed the car 12v Battery back into the car and I have tried your suggestion and unfortunately that hasn’t worked.

What I have noticed is that once you press the brake pedal it sounds like the hybrid Battery chargers and that drain the 12v Battery and when I tried your suggestion the red light (battery light went off) on the dashboard and then came back after I turned off and tried again. 
When I tried to put the 12v on charge again the charging current went to the about middle scale which suggested that the car battery isn’t holding enough charge, let me know what you think.

Also in order to start the engine which does the car rely on the hybrid battery or the 12v battery?

Regards

It needs both batteries to start, do you have any way to check the Battery voltage eg. a multimeter ?

AGM batteries need to be charged low and slow and can take up to 30-50 hours to charge on a normal charger

if the 12V Battery is low enough it will not have power to close the contactor and/or power the electronics correctly

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, flash22 said:

It needs both batteries to start, do you have any way to check the battery voltage eg. a multimeter ?

AGM batteries need to be charged low and slow and can take up to 30-50 hours to charge on a normal charger

if the 12V battery is low enough it will not have power to close the contactor and/or power the electronics correctly

Hi,

With the AGM Battery when I charge it on low voltage it start to bubble.
I have included an image of the Battery charger which I have.

42FA8D14-A242-41DE-BFCA-2B91538B0646.jpeg

4EFFF332-10A2-42BA-9049-0DFC7F7F2BCC.png

5D6B9DD5-17EC-4298-B16E-53C68B367F73.png

39 minutes ago, flash22 said:

That would show its charged

Hi,

So when it starts to bubble that means the Battery is charged. I have just purchased a brand new multi-meter on Amazon. I got one but it says the battery has 12v but as soon as you connect it to the car the red Battery light disappears but still no ready light.

The ready light flickers for a second when I put press the brake pedel and start button but then no ready light. 

Regards

3 hours ago, flash22 said:

Can you take the car out of park ?

Hi,

Do you mean the gearstick? I can move it but it goes on parking shift.

Hi,

I have just charged the car 12v Battery but when I put it in the car the red Battery light still comes on the dashboard.

Hi,

Would techstream software work on my Toyota yaris hybrid 2015?