Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota yaris hybrid 2015 issue

Irshad04

50 minutes ago, TonyHSD said:

Looks like it, if you haven’t wrongly refuelled then the traction battery most likely is too low, these cars don’t go wrong unless something wrong it’s done to them . Your best bet is Toyota dealer. Try to find someone who has a NHS Card that he/she works within the NHS and ask to help, some dealers are open and they do service for nhs key worker’s cars. 
Good luck 

I have agree with Tony . It might be something very simple that would be best  left to a Toyota dealer.

Like others have said Irshad, time for a trip to the dealer (somehow) I'm afraid but here are some of the important screens you should be looking at to check the overall health of your HV Battery...

Yaris1.thumb.JPG.8d8cb6b7fc5a2ee2f0bd9bc9df8dca86.JPG

You'll note that mine is an earlier version of GTS but not much has changed in regard to the interface. From this first screen, double click on "Hybrid Control" or click the arrow bottom right. This will take you to a "Trouble Codes" screen which will show any errors that have come up. Click on "Data List" on the left and you'll get the first of 3 screens like this:

Image 1

Yaris2.thumb.JPG.c74314111fff9d0bf66f7ed380becaea.JPG

Scroll across...

Image 2

Yaris3.thumb.JPG.46f4504009f840bf33d680390940e781.JPG

Scroll across again...

Image 3

Yaris4.thumb.JPG.59126a3eb31f3e1d234de0266296fcde.JPG

On the 3rd screen you'll see the Battery block voltages for each block in the pack of 10 (V01-V10). In my case, this was just after the ICE had shut down after its initial cycle. This next screen was taken after the initial switch on and the vehicle hasn't been run for over a week so will give you some idea of how low the HV Battery may go in the normal course of events.

Image 4

Yaris5.thumb.JPG.b02deb2744f698510a80a8df72a103c0.JPG

If you add these blocks together, you'll get the total voltage available from the HV battery pack; in my case 156.19v in image 3 and 145.77 in image 4. If you look at the top of image 2, you will see "State of Charge Max" & "State of Charge Min" which correlate to those two battery voltages currently in my Yaris.

Hope this helps at least determine the health of the Traction Battery in your car.

Interestingly, I just found this page which shows the Battery is 144v for the Yaris Hybrid and not as I had previously said. It is also comprised of 20 7.2v modules and that looks like the 10 "Battery Blocks" equate to 2 each of these modules...

2100593169_Annotation2020-05-02180128.thumb.png.64ab9756e4686e0214d9a950796a8b01.png

Which probably looks like 40 of these!

21700.jpg.5a76abf7a7748fe042fdf7a37a1930c6.jpg

Just like you might use in a vaper! 😀

5 hours ago, CPN said:

Interestingly, I just found this page which shows the battery is 144v for the Yaris Hybrid and not as I had previously said. It is also comprised of 20 7.2v modules and that looks like the 10 "Battery Blocks" equate to 2 each of these modules...

2100593169_Annotation2020-05-02180128.thumb.png.64ab9756e4686e0214d9a950796a8b01.png

Which probably looks like 40 of these!

21700.jpg.5a76abf7a7748fe042fdf7a37a1930c6.jpg

Just like you might use in a vaper! 😀

Hi,

I have towed the vehicle to a mechanic that deals with hybrid. They are looking into it and will contact me and I’ll keep you guys updated.

Thank you for your help everyone with this issue.

Regrads

• Thanks 1

On 4/27/2020 at 7:01 PM, Devon Aygo said:

I see the fuel tank is Full, any chance the car was mis-fuelled with Diesel rather than petrol as the car would drive on until Diesel was pulled through then run rough and likely stall the "engine" drain the Hybrid battery too far to restart the engine and once powered off its is unlikely the car would go back into ready mode?

This was the exact issue with the vehicle.

Car is fixed and hybrid Battery has been replaced. I don’t remember putting diesel in the car but must have been some mistake.

Thanks for everyone help.

Glad you got it fixed, diesel nozzles at the pumps are usually bigger, it is bad enough getting the petrol one in the yaris, unless it was filled from a can

• Like 1

19 hours ago, flash22 said:

Glad you got it fixed, diesel nozzles at the pumps are usually bigger, it is bad enough getting the petrol one in the yaris, unless it was filled from a can

Yes, glad you got it fixed.  I've been following this thread over all four pages.  Nice to see a conclusion.

However, as a legal rule, diesel nozzles are too wide to put in a modern petrol filler hole.  They are designed like that.  This begs the question, how did you do it?

Or ......... how was it done?  Could it be that the fuel station had diesel in the petrol?  This has happened in the past up and down the country and people have gone to court over this.

Mick.

Just looking at the receipt for filling up with petrol at Tesco pay at pump yesterday.  I put my card in, tapped in my PIN, and filled with unleaded, then drove home.

I never looked at the price specifically but printed the receipt, put it in my wallet and drove away.  We always reconcile and keep records of bank accounts on a spread sheet on the computer, so I fished out the receipt and looked ....................................
£96.00 ................. not only that, it was for 86.57L of diesel.

Seems I have someone else's receipt because (1) you can't put a diesel nozzle into a Yaris Hybrid, and (2) you can't put 86litres of ANYTHING into the tank!

Mick.

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links