Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2020 Boot Liner

Adamthenav

Any recommendations for a good rubber boot liner for the latest model?  I see there’s a wide range available of aftermarket liners so I’m looking for a balance of quality over cost.

I went for cheap and got this one from eBay

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/OPPL-Antislip-Boot-Liner-Trunk-Tray-for-Toyota-RAV-4-V-2019-for-Hybrid-too/183802627022?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

It did suffer some damage to the non-slip centre mesh which is only stuck on but the main mat is fairly tough and protects the boot floor from scuffs and spills.

I am orderring this one soon, made by FroGum. Used them in several cars and quility is very good and have orginiser function.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TM-TAILORED-RUBBER-BOOT-LINER-MAT-TRAY-for-TOYOTA-RAV4-V-Hybrid-since-2018-upper/303463531062?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

I e-mailed frogum, as they have two boot liners for RAV4, and they confirmed that this is correct one.

Thanks guys, I’ve looked at both and was starting to go blind looking at the choices available. Good to get recommendations. 

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered the mat that Rav4ster recommended as it looked a good design.  Unfortunately, it would seem, according to the message I received from the seller, that it’s designed only for the lower position, so it’s far too small for the whole load area.
It’s probably right but it’s an unusual approach and not what I was after, so it’s being returned today.  Beware if ordering!

4A61C5D5-49FD-4E77-AC47-4AE6B9E2FD16.jpeg

You seem to have completely the wrong item. The cheap one I got from Germany has the extra width with ears fitting  behind the wheel arches as you would expect. Although the lower slot for the floor panels might very occasionally help with extra headroom I doubt that it gets regular, if any, use for most owners. I wouldn't mind another bit at the front for when the passenger seats are down but I haven't seen one as yet.

depends what you want. http://www.boot-buddy.com/ do hard boot protectors. Our Yeti has had one since new (8 years old now) and the boot is as good as new still.

• Like 1

Morning Adamthenav, sorry if I caused the confusion, but did they you send you the correct one? Is there a part number label anywhere?
According to the e-mail I got from manufacturer, they have two:
TM413221 is for upper floor
TM413238 is for a lower floor -
Looks like they sent you this one
Seller in the link I posted above have both for sale.

12 minutes ago, Rav4ster said:

Morning Adamthenav, sorry if I caused the confusion, but did they you send you the correct one? Is there a part number label anywhere?
According to the e-mail I got from manufacturer, they have two:
TM413221 is for upper floor
TM413238 is for a lower floor -
Looks like they sent you this one
Seller in the link I posted above have both for sale.

No you didn’t, the fault was entirely mine as I didn’t twig that they’d do an upper and a lower.  I’ve return the ‘wrong’ one now and ordered an upper.  It never occurred to me that they’d offer both options so I blindly went for the cheaper one; there was a reason it was cheaper as there’s not as much material used!

• Like 1

On 5/4/2020 at 9:24 AM, roadster-rav said:

You seem to have completely the wrong item. The cheap one I got from Germany has the extra width with ears fitting  behind the wheel arches as you would expect. Although the lower slot for the floor panels might very occasionally help with extra headroom I doubt that it gets regular, if any, use for most owners. I wouldn't mind another bit at the front for when the passenger seats are down but I haven't seen one as yet.

Just been casually looking at boot liners (don’t ask me why, I’ve ordered what I need) and saw this that might help you with a full-length liner for when the seats are down.

https://rhinoukbootlinersltd.co.uk/toyota---extendable-two-part-boot-liner-5865-p.asp

• Thanks 1

Adamthenav  did you finally get the upper mat, and does it cover the whole of the boot and fit properly around the contours? It looks like I have also got the wrong one ,the lower one TM413238 and can’t really see why anyone would want that one. The pics on eBay show it fitted neatly in the boot following the contours of the edge with no mention of another one for the top part of the boot. 

roadster-rav did your cheaper mat cover all the boot and fit nicely around the contours as in the eBay pics? 

19 minutes ago, ROCKETRON said:

Adamthenav  did you finally get the upper mat, and does it cover the whole of the boot and fit properly around the contours? It looks like I have also got the wrong one ,the lower one TM413238 and can’t really see why anyone would want that one. The pics on eBay show it fitted neatly in the boot following the contours of the edge with no mention of another one for the top part of the boot. 

roadster-rav did your cheaper mat cover all the boot and fit nicely around the contours as in the eBay pics? 

Rocketron, no I don’t see the point of the smaller one. I’ve returned it, got a refund, and a new, ‘upper’ one is on its way to me, which should be early next week.  I’ll let you know how it looks when I can.  Not sure if Rav4ster has ordered his yet.

On 5/7/2020 at 5:49 PM, ROCKETRON said:

Yes the one from Germany is a good fit ( rear seats up ) and the base material is tough but had quite a pungent petrochemical smell when new. It has a second mesh layer on the centre section and this has been slightly damaged when moving heavy furniture but that is better than scratching or tearing the car floor.

Just arrived.  Happy with the fit (it’ll settle down flat after being in transit).  Fortunately, unlike roadster-rav, mine seems to have a bit of a bubblegum smell. Not my favourite but not unpleasant.

6167EC94-E0B5-4C89-8489-61C9079050C5.jpeg

4006EF03-8A3B-4516-8CF1-735FCBA66919.jpeg

AAA5FEF0-3C52-4B63-975F-020BAB393804.jpeg

Yes that looks more like I was expecting. Did that net come with it or did you have it already? I still for the life of me can’t see what use the lower mat is, maybe it fits under where the spare wheel is, as it doesn’t really fit anywhere on top. By the way how much did it cost to send the old lower mat back? 

Yes that looks more like I was expecting. Did that net come with it or did you have it already? I still for the life of me can’t see what use the lower mat is, maybe it fits under where the spare wheel is, as it doesn’t really fit anywhere on top. By the way how much did it cost to send the old lower mat back? 

13 minutes ago, ROCKETRON said:

It cost me £3.25, I think, to return and the larger mat is the £38.99 one on eBay.  I’ve had the net for years but I can see that there are a few available for under a tenner.

Who did you use to post back the mat as I had a quick look on Royal Mail and parcelforce and it looked like it was going to cost about £12. I have just had a thought and maybe the lower mat fits into the spare wheel well under the spare wheel then you could put tools etc in there and they wouldn’t rattle against the metal floor. I haven’t tried it but maybe why they do upper and lower.

4 hours ago, ROCKETRON said:

Who did you use to post back the mat as I had a quick look on Royal Mail and parcelforce and it looked like it was going to cost about £12. I have just had a thought and maybe the lower mat fits into the spare wheel well under the spare wheel then you could put tools etc in there and they wouldn’t rattle against the metal floor. I haven’t tried it but maybe why they do upper and lower.

I used the eBay return system. Print off the return label and they charge you once it’s been posted.

On 5/9/2020 at 4:47 PM, Adamthenav said:

4006EF03-8A3B-4516-8CF1-735FCBA66919.jpeg

HI, just noticed that you have netting on this recess, I've got a plastic bar. Was this standard or have you changed it?

I also have netting on that recess, maybe 2020 doesn’t have it.

3 hours ago, BigR1ch said:

HI, just noticed that you have netting on this recess, I've got a plastic bar. Was this standard or have you changed it?

It came with the car. Not sure how useful it is though. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links