Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fuel Pump Fuse blowing

Gc01

So my toyota Yaris previous blew a fuse that controlled the Alternator warning lamp, engine management, fuel pump relay, multifunction display, SRS warning lamp, supplementary restraint system (SRS). It blew before about 3 months ago and I replaced it then while I was driving it blew again and I replaced it and it blew instantly again. I had to use a higher amp fuse so I could nurse it back home. Is it the pump or is the filter blocking the pump from doing its job or something? 

Can you post a pic of the fusebox and the fuse that blows up?

Ok, can you identify the fuse from the diagram? Is this the correct diagram for your car?

If you think that the cause is the fuel pump, and it is currently blowing a fuse instantly, a good test would be to disconnect the wiring to the fuel pump, turn on the ignition and see if the fuse blows. If not, you can be pretty sure it's the pump, and not something else on the same circuit.

It's fairly unlikely to be a blocked filter, but I would change the filter anyway (and maybe cut open the old one so that you know whether it was a contributory factor).

Don't forget to change the fuse back to the correct value. Better to have a fuse blow in future rather than have your wiring loom melt and/or catch fire!

Just now, Yarso said:

If you think that the cause is the fuel pump, and it is currently blowing a fuse instantly, a good test would be to disconnect the wiring to the fuel pump, turn on the ignition and see if the fuse blows. If not, you can be pretty sure it's the pump, and not something else on the same circuit.

It's fairly unlikely to be a blocked filter, but I would change the filter anyway (and maybe cut open the old one so that you know whether it was a contributory factor).

Don't forget to change the fuse back to the correct value. Better to have a fuse blow in future rather than have your wiring loom melt and/or catch fire!

well Im not sure if the fact of being on a hill contributed to that but i doubt it. But Ill have to get some need fuses so I can test that theory

On 4/24/2020 at 11:17 AM, syncview said:

Ok, can you identify the fuse from the diagram? Is this the correct diagram for your car?

It was fuse No 21 from the driver side fuse box.