Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Locked out of My Corolla 2019

Grawhib

Due to the present situation my 12 volt Battery is now flat and consequently I cannot get into the car, the key on the fob does not work, can anyone help to get into my car so I can at least get the Battery charged  

The emergency key can take quite a lot of force as it has a small area to hold - most times when I hear this people have another, more determined go, and find it does work.

If the car was deadlocked, it needs even more force and you won't be able to open any other doors until you get the car powered up.  One reason I keep my mini jump-starter in the seat back pocket!

• Like 1

Please update your profile

Click on your use name towards top right of webpage. From the drop down menu, select profile. On your profile, above and to the right of your user name is a button 'edit profile', click on button. Make the necessary changes, and click on the 'save' button towards the bottom of the edit profile page.

22 minutes ago, PeteB said:

The emergency key can take quite a lot of force as it has a small area to hold - most times when I hear this people have another, more determined go, and find it does work.

If the car was deadlocked, it needs even more force and you won't be able to open any other doors until you get the car powered up.  One reason I keep my mini jump-starter in the seat back pocket!

I have tried again but I am afraid of snapping the key in the lock, it will not budge as you say its a small key so you cannot get much purchase on it

Have you still got membership of Toyota Roadside Assistance or other breakdown cover??

1 hour ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Have you still got membership of Toyota Roadside Assistance or other breakdown cover??

Should have. I got my Corolla in March and had an email to say that my complimentary cover had been extended until May because of the virus.

Hi, you can spray some wd-40 through the key hole on the door and push in and out the key few times, if never used and never lubricated it is very difficult to turn indeed. If no luck again you can take the key to a local locksmith and ask if they can copy using a base of proper key so you have more power to turn. Hopefully will do it for you. 
Good luck 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Grawhib said:

Due to the present situation my 12 volt battery is now flat and consequently I cannot get into the car, the key on the fob does not work, can anyone help to get into my car so I can at least get the battery charged  

I would be very interested to know how long you had left the car parked up before your Battery went flat. Could be a useful  warning for other owners.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/24/2020 at 1:48 PM, Grawhib said:

I have tried again but I am afraid of snapping the key in the lock, it will not budge as you say its a small key so you cannot get much purchase on it

did you manage to resolve this?

I managed an extra bit of charging last night. Got to Tesco, started to queue then realised I'd left my wallet at home. So that was an extra mile of driving :)

An added benefit was that I didn't have to queue to get in the second time.

Thankfully some restrictions have been lifted in Greece and i get to drive my car a lot more. Although a new problem arose, drivers haven't driven their cars for over a month now and drive like maniacs (not that before they didn't but it's much worse now lol).

Certain German car owners are managing to leave their cars upside down in some unexpected places here in UK! Speed limit does not apply to them anyway, as we know, but they are surpassing themselves at the moment. Been overtaken at around 80 in a 50 zone on blind corners, several times since lock down. 

• Haha 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links