Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Any funroof owners on here

Malcster

We have the Aygo with fun roof on a special offer staff deal where I work and I'm looking at one for the Mrs 

What's the roof like on these when closed are they stupidly noisy 

She only commutes a few miles each dropping the little one of at school in the next village (no buses where we live) and an occasional trip into the city once a month 

Other than that it will only be used as a 2nd car particularly on nice days with the roof open 

Opinions welcome 

I have a 2018 X-Clusiv with the fun roof.  There is no extra noise when it is closed ( I owned a "hard roof" Aygo previously).  FULLY open it is a glorious driving experience and acceptably  noise and buffeting free in the cabin even at speed. Half or quarter open  it can get a  bit wind noisy at speed, It operates smoothly and quietly and is leak free.  It can be fully opened by one press of the button, but closing is a 2 stage affair or a long press on the  button. I think it's great "fun"  !!!!

Do you use any convertible cleaner and sealer on the roof 

I had a golf convertible and used autoglym fabric roof cleaner and then like a Scotchgard product to seal it afterwards

Yes - I use the Autoglym products. Also a stiff brush to remove things like dry  bird droppings (Amazon - Vikan 644052 Hard Nail Brush, 130x40x48 mm).

Occasional gentle hoover and run over with a "sticky roller" and 2 years in it still looks like new.

No problems really. I was reluctant at first as I though the whole roof looked flimsy compared to my SAAB convertible but have been pleasantly surprised how it has performed.

The only "problem" is it sometimes creaks when it finally locks into place closed , particularly in hot weather.  I mentioned it at the last service service but I don't think there is a lubrication requirement and it's not really an issue.

• Like 1

As soon as I'm back at work on going to order it 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links