Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Retrofit Cruise Control - Yaris

Tom Bu

Hi All,

New to the forum, so please go easy on me! I am trying to find out if it is possible to retrofit Cruise Control to my version of the Yaris. From the VIN number I have come to the conclusion that the specific model number is NSP130R-CHFGKW.

I have heard various ideas as to whether it is possible or not, including US vs EU spec Yaris', Petrol vs Diesel, 1.0 vs 1.3. Basically, I would hope to find someone who could tell me if Retrofitting Cruise is possible on THIS Yaris spec, and if so, which stalk to buy (on eBay etc). I have retrofitted previously on VW motors so skill isn't a problem here, just technical information.

The steering wheel is the multi function version with media and phone control. There is a small bit of trim on the right hand side which pops off and reveals (what to me looks like) the mounting for a Cruise Control Stalk. I know there are other forum posts out there regarding Cruise Control however non of them seem to answer my question.

The car in question is:

Yaris 2012

NSP130R-CHFGKW

EU spec built in France

Engine: (1NRFE) 1300CC 16-VALVE DOHC EFI

6 speed manual gearbox

Right hand drive

Thanks for your help!!!

Its only the 1 litre that don't have the programming, there are lots of threads and videos on YouTube

Add the stalk - you may have to add a wire to the ecu from the connector behind the dash on the passenger side if it's not fitted - being a manual you may need to add/change the clutch switch

You will not know until you take things apart tbh get a genuine stalk and not a cheap knock off

Stalk part number is -

84633-05010

If it doesn't come with the wiring that is.

84632-0F010

going off the Model number given

Thank you flash22 for your very prompt and useful comments. It's great to get some clarity on the matter. With part numbers as well! 

Thank you very much, I really appreciate it. 

Having purchased a stalk and cable kit (part number 84632), I can now confirm what Bob @flash22 mentioned earlier. My Toyota Yaris now has Cruise Control!!!

It took all of 30min, most of which was figuring out how to take off the Airbag.

Thanks Bob for your help on this.

One last question if someone feels like answering:

To install the new cruise control stalk I had to remove a trim cover (part no. 3071990). Does someone have a part number for a direct replacement Dust cover for the new stalk? Please?

Thanks

IMG_20200504_163050.jpg

Hi All

Will this work on a 2015 hybrid ICON ?

1 hour ago, Tom Bu said:

Having purchased a stalk and cable kit (part number 84632), I can now confirm what Bob @flash22 mentioned earlier. My Toyota Yaris now has Cruise Control!!!

It took all of 30min, most of which was figuring out how to take off the Airbag.

Thanks Bob for your help on this.

One last question if someone feels like answering:

To install the new cruise control stalk I had to remove a trim cover (part no. 3071990). Does someone have a part number for a direct replacement Dust cover for the new stalk? Please?

Thanks

IMG_20200504_163050.jpg

Part number for trim with Cruise control 45186-0D030-C0

2 hours ago, stevecrvn said:

Hi All

Will this work on a 2015 hybrid ICON ?

It should do

• Like 1

Surely a 2015 Hybrid Icon has cruise control factory fitted?  Mine has!

Just now, HughA said:

Surely a 2015 Hybrid Icon has cruise control factory fitted?  Mine has!

No not fitted to mine for some reason

Not as standard, it was an option on the icon iirc the icon tech,Y20 and excel have it as standard

The 1.0 mk3 didn't even get it as an option but there was one oddball spec that did

• Thanks 1

• 9 months later...

Hi i have a yaris 2013 1.3 XS model , I bought a cruise control stalk and fitted it on my vehicle but it does not work, any ideas? Here’s a pic of the unit i bought, it’s from a 2009 Toyota Rav 4 , it has the code 18A174 on it. Could my vehicle possibly be not wired up for cruise control? There is the cruise control lights in the back of the cluster but they don’t light up even when the vehicle is in the ON position and all the other lights come on. 

708DBA95-EFE6-4151-934B-1B0268E5E532.jpeg

29 minutes ago, Ebrahim23 said:

Hi i have a yaris 2013 1.3 XS model , I bought a cruise control stalk and fitted it on my vehicle but it does not work, any ideas? Here’s a pic of the unit i bought, it’s from a 2009 Toyota Rav 4 , it has the code 18A174 on it. Could my vehicle possibly be not wired up for cruise control? There is the cruise control lights in the back of the cluster but they don’t light up even when the vehicle is in the ON position and all the other lights come on. 

708DBA95-EFE6-4151-934B-1B0268E5E532.jpeg

my car is a manual as well, maybe the clutch switch is needed to activate the cruise control? 

It really depends on the car it seems after a few owners have tried to fit CC even tho it's all physically installed it not programmed in to the ecu

there are a few threads on the subject inc a recent one

@flash22i have the same model yaris built in the same place and the same year as well, i installed my stalk and it does not work, any ideas? 

i did reply to your topic, please keep it to one thread it's easier to keep track of

Please PM me your VIN

I have recently received important recall information regarding Toyota Yaris hybrid front driver airbag inflator from Toyota. I booked appointment on 6th March. My Toyota Yaris Hybrid 2015 is not currently fitted with cruise control. I would like to ask you if Toyota dealers are able to accept fitting this part while replacing front driver airbag. I'll pay addition cost for the cruise control. Has anyone done this service before with Toyota?.

Many thanks

Topics merged.

The dealer is not going to be interested/will tell you it's not possible plus the stalk is likely to be £90 inc the screws and cover

PS. Don't be surprised if they cancel the airbag appointment due to parts supply issues

• 10 months later...

Hi there, 

Could anyone Kindly tell me what stalk is needed for my car to install the retrofit cruise control? 

Any programming/coding needed? 

I hope not to have to wire cables around LOL.

Toyota Yaris 2012 D4D 1.4 Diesel Multi-Mode Transmission (MMT)

xp13m nlp13fmh nlp130l chfgxw.

Italian market, as I currently live in Italy; here attached the actual wheel and stalk.

Thanks a ton in advance.

Cheers 

Screenshot_20220123-165526~2.png

Just looked up that model code and the ECU does support CC (NLP130L-CHFGXW) it also shows it as a manual and Not a MMT

A MMT will be a NLP130L-CHLGXW this does not support CC

Please PM me your VIN to confirm

• Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, flash22 said:

Just looked up that model code and the ECU does support CC (NLP130L-CHFGXW) it also shows it as a manual and Not a MMT

A MMT will be a NLP130L-CHLGXW this does not support CC

Please PM me your VIN to confirm

Ok

Built 04/2012, NLP130L-CHLGXW, Colour - 1G3 (Decuma Grey or Magnetic Grey)

It comes up as Not Applicable, what usually means the ECU is not programmed for CC (it can not be activated either)

you can check it, if you like, by 1 of 3 ways

1. Techstream

2. shorting 2 wires to see if it turns the light on

3. Plugging in a stalk

Please be aware the cars in this thread below are Asia built, but it's a similar testing process

1 hour ago, flash22 said:

Built 04/2012, NLP130L-CHLGXW, Colour - 1G3 (Decuma Grey or Magnetic Grey)

It comes up as Not Applicable, what usually means the ECU is not programmed for CC (it can not be activated either)

you can check it, if you like, by 1 of 3 ways

1. Techstream

2. shorting 2 wires to see if it turns the light on

3. Plugging in a stalk

Please be aware the cars in this thread below are Asia built, but it's a similar testing process

Thanks indeed

• 1 month later...

You can fit an aftermarket kit with an OEM stalk

some yaris can have factory CC but it depends on the model and where it was built

• 7 months later...

Is it possible for a 1.0 litre to be programmed for cruise control? Because i really want it!