Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris 2013 - Central Locking not Working

Ian_K

Please help ! I have got a 13 plate Auris. recently it developed a problem around the central locking where at time the FOB wasn't responding to the car, and then fob responding to the car but doors are either being fully locked/unlocked, partly locked/unlocked or locking or unlocking completely. the boot lid was responding but it had stopped altogether now. during this period, i have replaced both fob batteries, changed initial problematic doors, checked the fuse board under front passenger foot area (behind the air filter) which didn't show any blown off fuse. obviously to take it to Toyota and to get it diagnosed and address the problem would cost an arm and a leg. Please could some one help me on this ? Thank you, Ian K

Not been using the car much ? A weak Battery will cause strange issues

Do the doors lock/unlock ok from the driver's door switch ?

Thank you soo much for your reply Bob. the car has been parked up for some time and i am the first owner. got about 40,000 miles but certainly had been used for the past 1.5 years in regular use. the car Battery is still the original whilst the fob batteries are being changed as the problems occurs. if i lock the doors manually using the actual keys, it only locks the drivers door and have to manually lock the other 3 doors. 

Does it lock from the driver's door switch on the inside (by the window switch) ?

When you unlock with key, does it work for all doors, or just the one?  Is the key black, or gray?

Does this happen only on your driveway, or everywhere?

If you try to lock/unlock few times in a row, does the same thing always happen? Maybe bad connection somewhere..

1 hour ago, Ian_K said:

i have replaced both fob batteries, changed initial problematic doors

You've replaced the doors??

none of the doors could be locked from the centre panel by the driver door but it works intermittently. Window functionality works on all windows by the driver centre panel. when i unlock the car using the actual key, it only works for the driver side door only. This fault happens in every place not only in the drive way. attached are the pictures of the Fob which is black. 

WhatsApp Image 2020-04-28 at 14.24.09 (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2020-04-28 at 14.24.09.jpeg

2 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

You've replaced the doors??

Sorry ! The door locks. 

what happens if you press the fob twice ? do you have the touch screen

do the indicators flash or do you get a beep when going to lock it

edit. do the interior lights work ?

have you tried IT's favourite solution "shut down and restart"

i.e. disconnect the Battery leave it off for 30 minutes and then reconnect

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links