Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cabin noise

Amir-Naji

Hello,

I don't know if it is just me, or the Toyota Corolla Hybrid is noisy in th cabin. If you have the same issue just wondering if anyone has done anything about it or have any suggestions?

I already use damping material on the doors, and the floor of the car, though not sure if it was applied properly, and how much of it covered.

Amir

Check your tyre pressures. There have a couple of reports of noisy cabins and they turned out to be dealers overinflating the tyres (or failing to reduce the pressure before handing the vehicle over).

12 minutes ago, AndrueC said:

Check your tyre pressures. There have a couple of reports of noisy cabins and they turned out to be dealers overinflating the tyres (or failing to reduce the pressure before handing the vehicle over).

I'll do that, but I have another issue and it's when the car is not moving, or in low speed. In those situations I can feel the engine on the break pedal(vibration), and generally engine is loud, or at least sound loud. Any idea?

Can't say I have noticed this. You had the car for a while? This is a new development that happened recently?

25 minutes ago, Timmon said:

Can't say I have noticed this. You had the car for a while? This is a new development that happened recently?

I have the car for 3 or 4 months now. I had it from the start. The engine vibration shows itself specially when the speed is low, or I should say very slow, and specially when it comes to stop, or start to move. Those are the time that can be felt the most.

12 minutes ago, Sidrat said:

When open get it to a dealer.

I already took it to the Toyota maintenance but they said there isn't anything out of ordinary!! 

13 hours ago, Timmon said:

No nor me, my engine seems pretty smooth with only very small vibrations in the gear lever if it’s running in traffic. 

Maybe try different or more premium fuel? 

On 4/30/2020 at 6:07 PM, Amir-Naji said:

I already took it to the Toyota maintenance but they said there isn't anything out of ordinary!! 

Well, you had it inspected, so hopefully it is safe. When the dealer is open again, you could ask the service manager to sit with you on a test drive and point out to him the noises that are concerning you. And / or, have a test drive again in the dealer model, and see what the difference is.

• Like 1