Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toyota hiace 2006/7

conquestRSI

Hi , anyone on here who imported  privately from Japan. Looking to get a hiace van - not seen many i the Uk, but wanted some advise on how to source and bring it in.

Model pictured before. Not my photo for attention only. 

C4587337-C517-44B3-903B-0251DE41CBF6.jpeg

You could PM "paulscarbs"..member here...I think he imported his vehicle himself IIRC.

I bought my Estima through an importer and went for an inclusive deal...naturally I paid more than a private import would cost but I got some peace of mind in being able to actually see it and drive it BEFORE I bought it.

Good luck...the Hiace is a lovely vehicle.

Thank you for the info.  Ideally would love to buy one already imported but not come across any. 

You could contact an importer/ dealer to find out if they could source one and what sort of costs are involved. Obviously more expensive though but less of the hassle of importing it yourself.

Thank you. Any suggestions for dealers in uk that you might know? 

Hi,just lately my 2006 Lucida has adopted the habit of not locking all of the doors when the drivers door is locked,I have to lock the other doors manually,and yet when I unlock the drivers' door it unlocks all of the others,cand anybody throw a light on the subject?

On 30 April 2020 at 4:30 PM, conquestRSI said:

Depending on where in London you are, Goodmayes Motors are at Purfleet on the London Essex border you could give them a call to see if they can help you. A lot also depends on imports and the situation with Covid 19.

On 4/30/2020 at 4:30 PM, conquestRSI said:

Given your location then Goodmayes in Essex might be worth asking..Tony bought his Estima from there and was very happy with the deal/service etc,

lol...you beat me to it, Tony.

Thanks guys ! I will check them out. I am based in west london.