Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Lack of power in Yaris 2003 1.4 D4d

Todogrado_CS

Hello,

With the years, and gradually, I feelt a increasing lack of power in my Yaris 2003 1.4 D4d. Specially going uphill, decreasing the velocity of the car a lot. For example, today in 3rd gear I wasn't able to pass the 3200 rpm. After that, I have being cleaning the egr and MAF, but I didn't notice any change. I attached the pictures of the EGR before the cleaning and the MAF after it.  Any idea?

Thank you in advanced

WhatsApp Image 2020-05-01 at 15.29.47.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2020-05-01 at 15.29.54.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2020-05-01 at 16.03.55.jpeg

Does the car behave the same when warm or cold? Does it feel more powerful before it reaches operating temperature?

12 minutes ago, furtula said:

Does the car behave the same when warm or cold? Does it feel more powerful before it reaches operating temperature?

I would say that the behaviour is the same. The car is used for post delivery in small villages, many turrn on and off, with low speeds.

So it does not really see any longer trips with higher rpms, like on highways?

9 hours ago, furtula said:

So it does not really see any longer trips with higher rpms, like on highways?

Yes, not many

I would try the Italian tuneup first, 1-2 hours of motorway driving with higher rpm's. Might be as simple as that..

On 5/2/2020 at 10:57 AM, furtula said:

I would try the Italian tuneup first, 1-2 hours of motorway driving with higher rpm's. Might be as simple as that..

Thank you for the reply. Unfortunately it was too late for the Italian tune up. My Yaris pass away today, the turbo broke, suddenly the car stopped and started to blow a lot of black smoke throw the exhaust pipe. With 667000 km I think it wouldn't worth another turbo. Rest in peace.

Sounds like you got good use out of it anyway, can I ask you have you had to spend much money on it over the years many big repair bills needed up until now?

And what sort of mpg/fuel consumption did you get out of it with the nature of your driving?

Thanks

Still, an impressive mileage. I'd get the same car, or with same engine, and keep that one for spares.

In this age of everything controlled by electronics, people will soon worship the mostly mechanical cars, their cheap maintenance and lack of random electric gremlins.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links