Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2009 2.2 d4d 140bhp fuel filter and thanks to Anchorman

Mattch5150

Hi all I did the fuel filter on the car today after oil and filter and coolant change in last 2 weeks . 101200 miles. Would like to say a big thanks to anchorman for his brilliant video. The change went well but I could not prime the filter for love or money. I see on the forum that this can be an issue. In the end I filled the filter and injected the ports and it started and is now OK.  I suppose the diaphragm could be gone,  however button is now stiff as it were. Anyway glad it's all done. Thanks to the forum. Anchorman perhaps I used my bad arm/left hand too much? It was a bit of a nightmare but all OK. We live and learn!

Mines just gone off on a lorry to a garage for not being able to prime it!

I don't understand these cars at all, well done for getting it running!

Found it impossible. 

What a shame, if you filled the filter etc and put it on you should have been OK. The priming is not as easy as said,  mine definately would not prime. Runs fine now,  just have to make sure I don't run out if fuel i suppose!

I filled the filter but primer did nothing, I don't usually give in to these things but this car is...'different ' 

Never filled the pipes to the high pressure though, maybe I should have tried, started first time I tried after the change but used up the fuel left in the pump and died. 

Thought it should have pulled more in but it wouldn't! 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links