Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2019 corolla saloon styling

matt191d

Hi Guys. 

Has anyone purchased HID kit for 2019 corolla? Have been looking online and finding it hard to find any kits.

Also looking for a rear bumper spilter if anyone can point me in the right direction. 

Cheers guys. 

• Confused 1

It has led headlights so retrofitting hids are 

A) illegal 

B) pointless and a step backwards in terms out efficiency and output

Not come across a rear splitter for these but then again I haven't looked 

high-beams-1998-2018-i-cant-do-it-anymore-39309314.png

• Like 2

Irish specs may be different to UK specs.

• Like 2

The Luna model doesn't have LED headlights, well mine doesn't anyway, do you have any idea if LED headlights are easy come by?

All UK new Corolla have LED headlamps, in other markets Corolla with Halogen headlamps use a HIR2 bulb. 

• Thanks 1

I was initially confused by the HID kit request, because I had assumed all Corolla's had LED, but as Mike and Lee stated, only for the UK market. 

This will serve as a caution to buyers new and secondhand, to check the specification and market source of the car they are buying! This includes the warranty. 

• Like 1

I had a look at the Irish Toyota site for the Luna models. It looks like they do have LED headlights and foglights. You could contact Toyota in Ireland and ask them about this directly. Here is the link to the LED headlights for the Corolla Luna -

https://www.toyota.ie/models/corolla-hatchback/build?path=summary/881ef498-b467-4895-8074-cbc4340ccc81/db3f3396-f4f5-4cd5-921d-5fd0ae850fa6&u=af773cd3-63e1-4f2a-85ce-a1d8fad6915b&financeOption=cash 

• Like 1

The OP has a 2019 saloon. The link goes to the current, 2020 hatchback. The specs may have been updated for the 2020 model year.

• Like 1

Yes that is correct that there may (or may not) have been some revisions for the 2020 model however this Irish article from 'Changing Lanes' (June 10 2019) mentions that the corolla is fitted with bi beam LED headlights - https://changinglanes.ie/2019-toyota-corolla-hatchback-hybrid-review/ 

• Like 1

But the article relates to the Luna Sport, the grade above the Luna.

• Like 1

Quick look at the website says the Luna Saloon has : "Bi-beam halogen headlamps". Saloon is manufactured in Turkey and primarily aimed at Eastern European markets and it's a niche seller in the rest of the EU The detail specs are different to the Hatch and Touring manufactured in the UK.

No idea what the HID/LED retorofit rules are in Ireland, so can't comment further.

• Like 1

Instead of retrofitting HID headlamps try to find a part number for the headlamps from the grade "luna sport", they will fit perfectly since they are designed for your car. I've seen lots of people from vw group upgrade from base halogen headlights to led headlights that can be bought only from certain grades.

• Like 2

The article shows that LED headlights were available on corollas in Ireland in 2019. If the OP was really keen on having specific upgrades then he could have requested these at the time of ordering or simply bought a Luna Sport model. Buy the correct spec at the time so you don't have to retrospectively add on upgrades later? 

18 minutes ago, HS78 said:

The article shows that LED headlights were available on corollas in Ireland in 2019. If the OP was really keen on having specific upgrades then he could have requested these at the time of ordering or simply bought a Luna Sport model. Buy the correct spec at the time so you don't have to retrospectively add on upgrades later? 

Possibly. The current Luna Sport saloon is €2,665 more than the Luna - which seems a lot to pay if LED headlights were the only requirement the OP wanted over and above the Luna. Aside from that the Luna Sport may have been beyond what the OP wished to pay, and we don't know whether the car was bought as new, as an ex-demonstrator, or as used.

Which is all by the by really as the OP has the car they have.

Depending what the legalities of retrofit LED bulbs are in Ireland, one avenue that could be explored is the purchase of replacement LED bulbs or purchasing a pair of upgrade halogen bulbs. From what Devon Aygo said earlier, the halogen bulbs are HIR2 fitments, so Toyota Optiwhites could be considered. 

15 minutes ago, HS78 said:

The car was originally a company car which I then purchased when the company wound up. If I had of bought the car new I would of specd the car differently.  I wasn't keen on the interior of the Luna sport.

Thanks for the replies all guys.

1 hour ago, HS78 said:

My corolla is the 2nd highest grade and it comes with 17" wheels, I personally wanted to have the 18" wheels that come with the highest spec corolla but i'd have to pay more than 6,000 euro because the highest spec comes only with the 2.0 engine and the 18" wheels weren't available for me to upgrade to when i made my purchase. Should i just go ahead and spend all of that money just because i wanted that one thing?  

I haven't heard of the 'Style' model as per your signature. Could it be that the 6000 euro increase is due to a 2.0 engine rather than the 1.8 which you have? . . .  If you really want 18" wheels then I'm sure Toyota will gladly sell you a set. 

18 minutes ago, HS78 said:

I haven't heard of the 'Style' model as per your signature. Could it be that the 6000 euro increase is due to a 2.0 engine rather than the 1.8 which you have? . . .  If you really want 18" wheels then I'm sure Toyota will gladly sell you a set. 

Yes it's because it's only available in the 2.0 engine, what i was getting at is just saying to someone "simply buy a higher spec model and waste more money" doesn't really make sense. And as i said those wheels weren't available at the time so i gave up on the idea, might as well not spend more money on new tyres and wheels.

12 minutes ago, HS78 said:

I haven't heard of the 'Style' model as per your signature.

Some countries have different specs and different spec names:

Germany - Comfort, Team Deutschland, Lounge, GR Sport & Business Edition

France - Active, Dynamic, Dynamic Business, Design, Collection & GR Sport.

Etc

Update on the headlights, purchased a set of osram night breaker bulbs and fitted them today. Got the exact look I wanted with them. Delighted with the end result and much better than retro fitting xneon bulbs 😁

20200509_213530.jpg

• Like 1

Every oncoming driver thanks you 

good choice on bulbs btw