Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Headunit TAS500 update

Polemarxos

Hello. Just got yaris hatchback 2019 model at Greece. It comes with TAS500 headunit. Is there any way so we can manually check for updates?

The TAS500 is not available in the UK so info will be limited on a UK based forum, however a quick look on Techdoc suggests the latest software version is 19.6.0 this is lited on a technical service bulletin:

TSB: BE-00233T-TME Version 1 16 Apr 2020

Subject: TAS500 Display Audio-unit - Minor Bug-fixes and Software improvements

Area of Application: All Markets

Models – Model CodesYaris - KSP130, NHP130, NSP131

Description of the phenomenon

Below overview lists the issues that some customers may experience and report, and which have been resolved in a subsequent Software-release.

TAS500 Software release EU_19.6.0

• DEFAULT PARAMETERS : Default Audio Source changed from Audio OFF to FM upon Factory reset.

• DEFAULT PARAMETERS : Default Volume-level changed from 7 to 12

• BLANK SCREEN : After ACC ON, head-unit stays in blank screen (rare condition)

• DIAG. MENU : External Microphone fault not detected if the Microphone was not connected during start-up.

• USB-PLAYBACK : USB noise heard while media getting paused or playing the next track.

• USB-PLAYBACK : Using Multilaser brand USB-device doesn't work

• GENERAL : Backlight EEPROM Data is written on every power cycle, causing excessive EEPROM usage.

• ANDROID AUTO : Android Auto freezes when touching and holding map or scrolling through menus and at the same time another event happens outside Android Auto and the user releases finger from the screen. (Ex.g. press Home key and pop-up is triggered by pressing Volume via the Steering-wheel or Head-unit hard keys)

• bluetooth PAIRING : bluetooth Device Search operation does not time-out when no device is present nearby.

• TRANSLATIONS : Updated translations in Danish, Greek, Spanish, French, Norwegian, Portuguese, Swedish.

• ASL : In some cases, a dip in audio can be noticed due to ASL-feature, especially at high speeds.

• Apple CARPLAY : In some cases, after selecting "YES" on the first time pop-up (iPhone X), Car Play doesn't launch correctly.

• Apple CARPLAY : On start-up, with iPhone 8 connected and Car Play active, performing a reset of the phone causes the TAS500-system to reset. After restart, Car Play and Android Auto are disabled.

The update is available via Techdoc HERE or via repair of a warranty complaint at your Toyota dealer.

5 hours ago, Devon Aygo said:

The TAS500 is not available in the UK so info will be limited on a UK based forum, however a quick look on Techdoc suggests the latest software version is 19.6.0 this is lited on a technical service bulletin:

TSB: BE-00233T-TME Version 1 16 Apr 2020

Subject: TAS500 Display Audio-unit - Minor Bug-fixes and Software improvements

Area of Application: All Markets

Models – Model CodesYaris - KSP130, NHP130, NSP131

Description of the phenomenon

Below overview lists the issues that some customers may experience and report, and which have been resolved in a subsequent Software-release.

TAS500 Software release EU_19.6.0

• DEFAULT PARAMETERS : Default Audio Source changed from Audio OFF to FM upon Factory reset.

• DEFAULT PARAMETERS : Default Volume-level changed from 7 to 12

• BLANK SCREEN : After ACC ON, head-unit stays in blank screen (rare condition)

• DIAG. MENU : External Microphone fault not detected if the Microphone was not connected during start-up.

• USB-PLAYBACK : USB noise heard while media getting paused or playing the next track.

• USB-PLAYBACK : Using Multilaser brand USB-device doesn't work

• GENERAL : Backlight EEPROM Data is written on every power cycle, causing excessive EEPROM usage.

• ANDROID AUTO : Android Auto freezes when touching and holding map or scrolling through menus and at the same time another event happens outside Android Auto and the user releases finger from the screen. (Ex.g. press Home key and pop-up is triggered by pressing Volume via the Steering-wheel or Head-unit hard keys)

• BLUETOOTH PAIRING : Bluetooth Device Search operation does not time-out when no device is present nearby.

• TRANSLATIONS : Updated translations in Danish, Greek, Spanish, French, Norwegian, Portuguese, Swedish.

• ASL : In some cases, a dip in audio can be noticed due to ASL-feature, especially at high speeds.

• APPLE CARPLAY : In some cases, after selecting "YES" on the first time pop-up (iPhone X), Car Play doesn't launch correctly.

• APPLE CARPLAY : On start-up, with iPhone 8 connected and Car Play active, performing a reset of the phone causes the TAS500-system to reset. After restart, Car Play and Android Auto are disabled.

The update is available via Techdoc HERE or via repair of a warranty complaint at your Toyota dealer.

i cannot find anything in the site you provided not even the changelog you said.the only thing i can found is the pdf manual

45 minutes ago, Polemarxos said:

i cannot find anything in the site you provided not even the changelog you said.the only thing i can found is the pdf manual

You need to register & pay for access here as it contains repair manuals etc but you can pay for access by the hour,day month etc and content is downloadable, to access Technical service bulletins:

Select repair > from Payable access Select Technical service bulletin, input VIN number or select model manually > select Search on the RHS then scroll through to locate bulletin number

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

Hi there, 

I also find the techdoc website not very intuitive. Can you help me guiding me thru' the section of the website where I can find the software update of the tas500?

Thank you!

Sorry, just saw your last comment,

Thank you!

• 5 weeks later...
On 5/9/2020 at 7:58 AM, Polemarxos said:

Hello. Just got yaris hatchback 2019 model at Greece. It comes with TAS500 headunit. Is there any way so we can manually check for updates?

Can you please tell me where to buy Tas500  and the price. Email me at ideuropean@gmail.com

Thank you

• 11 months later...

Hello everybody. I recently changed my ToyotaTouch 2 to the Tas-500 system, but unfortunately I cannot find anywhere the plastic piece that covers the head unit. Do you know its code so I can order it at myToyota officine? Thank you very much 

I take it you had the touch 2 with the silver buttons, LHD ?

55405-0D620

27 minutes ago, flash22 said:

I take it you had the touch 2 with the silver buttons, LHD ?

55405-0D620

Yes I did