Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Want to buy - Aygo - Black

Uncle Satan

Thanks Billyboy81. The one I was looking at was like this on a warm day. Started it a couple of times.

I guess I have to be more patient and find something with at least dry engine bay and aircon.

Don't know why but it seems like prices went up during lockdown. That's a bit bananas 😄

Found another one. Previous mot failed due to MIL light[ check engine ]. Would you? They say it's been resolved properly. 90k miles.

As pong as the haven't tsken the bulb out to pass it....why was the light on?

No details so far.

Found another one but cat S and the seats look like someone previously made it to be cabrio and left in the rain.

Well... If I won't find anything else today, I'm hanging it up for a week. My head hurts from gumtree, eBay and autotrader.

At least now I know I like the car, after sitting in one. You all have been a great help. I'll be back for more I'm afraid.

If any of you ever need IT issues resolved - hit me up :). I'm an ex-pro photographer and currently in IT. Nice to meet you all 🙂

Cat S is usually structural - unless documented leave well alone

I did. No cat S. I'd consider N.

Finally found one in my town. Black, AC, 105k miles... And only now realised this model [ 2007 ] doesn't have Speakers in the doors :D.

Anyone installed door Speakers in these models? I mimagine the depth of the door is good enough for the magnet to be stuck to metal?

😞 ehhh... this search and research is both an exciting pleasure and a bit of a grit 😄 I think the process will make me very happy with the car once I find one.

iirc 10cm (4") in the dash and 16.5 cm(6.5") in the rear (with adapters) its a tiny car so doesn't need a lot, yes it would be better with the sound stage up front

Parcel shelf or right in the panel in the back? I could always buy 2010 door cards I think... Need to go see the car. See if the guy lowers the price because I think £1500 for a base 2007 model with 105k is a bit steep.

edit: door card == £30 /£45 per side 😕 will have to look at scrap yards or something... or... break out the epoxy and make room for the speaker...

Ok guys... I will pester you some more... One guy came back to me with a black aygo with AC [ 2007, 90k miles ]. Previously failed MOT due to broken balljoint and engine MIL. He said that he connected a scanner that showed no issues and removed the warning. You think it may be a lemon? This is not a private seller. Alternatively there's one with 105k at £1500 and full mot. Only ever failed mot once for tyres.

I know I'm a pain and it's only £1500, but that's a lot of money to me. Thank you once again.

Keep on looking there are a few on motors.co.uk

Thanks Flash. I thought 105k miles for a 2007 model at £1500 isn't that bad...

People are trying it on with prices. I wouldn't expect to get £1500 for my 2009 with only 40k and 2 owners on it! Don't buy work, good ones are out there at the right price 🙂

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Uncle Satan said:

Thanks Flash. I thought 105k miles for a 2007 model at £1500 isn't that bad...

That seems a bit steep tbh

• Like 1

I went for a test drive today. Humming from the front. Massive X scratched on the passenger side, plate lights missing, mirror adjustment doesn't work from the inside and finally... No service history. Still I almost bought it, but think I'll wait. I can stretch my budget, but all those small things that the seller calls ' minor ' would add up to be a project.

Plus both bumpers didn't sit right... Just a little bit of a larger gap on one side, with visible clips and not getting under headlight. Sketchy to me. Abused.

Billyboy. If there was a 2009, black aygo with AC out there at that price I would be ubering myself to pick it up right now.

And it's got to be black? You're limiting yourself as there are probably nice cars in other colours.

do you do Facebook cos there is a Toyota aygo group and cars sometimes come up for sale.

Thanks Flash! No A/C == no go :(. I'm not on facebook... Maybe I should start a profile, but really don't want to.

I'll keep looking. Thought I found a great one, 2012 @ 2k but... stolen. Who steals an aygo...

I'm changing from a 200bhp volvo to an Aygo. I need to like looking at it 😉 [ already do ], so it's hard to let go of the black.

Search goes on. Lockdown makes things harder, otherwise I could get on a train / coach and go pick the car from anywhere.

Hi Uncle Satan,

A quick look on Auto trader in your price range, with a couple of filters of "air con" and "black" brought up these little fellas:

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-search?sort=relevance&postcode=bb89dd&radius=1500&make=TOYOTA&model=AYGO&aggregatedTrim=Black&price-from=1000&price-to=2000&keywords=air con

One of them is in Sutton Coldfield, which might be fairly close to you.

Just a quick aside point or two......I'm 6'4" and I fit in my aygo, no problem.....although I did pick the 3 door as they have longer doors which makes things easier for us longer legged bods to get in and out of.  The other thing is that wind deflectors at about £30 with the window cracked open is great air conditioning and expands your options a bit.  I don't have AC on my 2012 Fire and to be honest, I wouldn't want it......However, keep looking for exactly what YOU want....We're all different and looking for a car is half the fun of buying, isn't it?

Have fun and keep looking,

All the best. :thumbsup:

Thanks Agent Orange!

I am looking. Wanted to have a look at a couple cat N ones, but friends said to forget about it as there isn't a full documentation of damage.

I offered £1700 on eBay for a good nick, black, 3d ayg from 2010 with AC, he gave me a counter of £1900, but you guys are saying that it's a sttep price for this year right? I'd have to travel 4h to see it in Leeds also and if it turns out to be a lemon... 😄 Oh the fun I'm having. Grey hair at 35...

That 2010 one has [ really?! ] 43k miles.

I'm tempted by a 2006 one with 87k miles at £800. Private seller. Close-ish. Black. A/C Body scuffed, tear in the seat and nsh, but for £800...

Why don't I have friends that know about cars... 😄

Agree, buying a car is a tricky process, not an Aygo, but similar sister got a Peugeot 108 (showed her all the triplets and she preferred 108 styling, but wanted and stuck with toyota 1.0) few years ago, but same principles, set your budget and car spec, which you have and be patient, took us a few months to find one, admit lockdown doesn't help things, like you wanted a particular colour and mileage limit, and within our area. We did get a car eventually and it was a grand choice of 1, but it met our criteria. We tend to keep our cars a while, so it was worth being patient and picky and happy to report Big Sis still happy with hers 3 years on.

• Like 1

Just to add, good luck with your search and as you've mentioned the few you seen 'don't look/seem right' trust your instincts and walk away plenty others out there.

Personally I like view/drive car first before making an offer, nearly got caught out at Peugeot main dealers years ago, they 'found' a car for us (Peugeot 107) on their network and had it shipped to them, they promised it was a good'un, but it arrived and as soon as opened door smelt it a smokers car, they said it'll be like a diamond once the valeters work on it, but the love had gone so I said no, thankfully I made sure of a 'refundable deposit' which they didn't want do at first. So as you see even main stealers are at it. One good thing was looking round it saw all the 'Toyota' stickers which helped me uncover the triplets story. In the end, we bought a brand new Peugeot 107 as they made us a good deal and glad we did cos had ours 12 years now and it been great little car, very reliable, cheap to run and easy to maintain. 

• Like 1

I had no idea about value of Aygos. I could mostly see 2006-2007 models with 90 -110+k miles and usually, pretty banged up at my price limit.

I only found out here that it's possible to get a better deal.

Weird. My first was a honda civic 2004, bought in 2013 for £600 after a day of looking. Prisitine. Golf was next the same year at £1000 - faultless driving for a year.

Volvo was great although a money pit. Now I wake up in 2020 and people ask 2k for 13 year old, beat up mini cars... Bananas.

1 minute ago, Uncle Satan said:

I had no idea about value of Aygos. I could mostly see 2006-2007 models with 90 -110+k miles and usually, pretty banged up at my price limit.

I only found out here that it's possible to get a better deal.

Weird. My first was a honda civic 2004, bought in 2013 for £600 after a day of looking. Prisitine. Golf was next the same year at £1000 - faultless driving for a year.

Volvo was great although a money pit. Now I wake up in 2020 and people ask 2k for 13 year old, beat up mini cars... Bananas.

Some of it is to do with recent events, and people exploiting the situation, the lower end of the market goes like this when people are short of money, What they ask and what thay get is 2 different things tho

1.0 are ideal first time cars as they are cheap to insure but do get abused

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links