Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Want to buy - Aygo - Black

Uncle Satan

I'm in my mid 30s. Driving since 2013. Up until my modded volvo got crashed into by an uninsured driver I paid £650 a year monthly, or approx 570 if paid in one go and had 4 years ncb. Now that I had to claim [ unresolved yet / unpaid ] they quoted me fortune for aygo. I thought if I pay 650 for a group 34 [ before mods ] powerful car, then surely a group 3 supermini would be cheaper, hence the whole idea of getting an aygo as a runaround whilst looking for/working on a main car. I used several comparison sites. Of course I added the accident. Maybe my address also got a different stat now. No idea.

Can't imagine what I'd have to pay for a 3.0 charged petrol in this situation. That aygo may be my only car as it turns out. I'm 6ft3, probably 18st and have a field job [ had? ] :D.

I'm shocked. 

I was limiting my budget as it was supposed to be my second car that I would run until it was time to scrap it, but already been thinking of stretching it. Now... Pay 2.5-3k for such a teeeny car, and pay another £1k-£1.5k insurance on it? I may need to go to decathlon, pick a helmet and some lycra...

I pay £240 for my remapped saab. Love that car.

Seems like my time of owning a spacious, quick car is over. Still looking for an ayg. Hope you are all safe, sane and employed!

• Like 1

Yes, yes and yes to all of the above. Saab are so chest to insure! There's pent of time.

Is this FB marketplace?

It's on the aygo fb group.  Car is I'm Birmingham,  can ask seller for contact details if it's within travelling distance for you. 

It's 2007, no mileage or SH listed... Naah... Thanks. I'll keep looking.

79k miles!

Advert says it drives mint!

After the ones you've enquired about I thought you'd have at least considered this or worth a look.

Good luck with finding something 

• Like 1

Ok then. I'll do that. 🙂 Didn't mean to sound ungrateful ;). Will give the owner a ring if still available.

Cycling is good option for shorter journeys, I've found the AA very good for car insurance over past couple years and big lad myself 16 stone and tall but Aygo got a good engine in her and pleanty of room up front, hope find a good example before you know it 👍

• Like 1

Cycling was a scary experience for me where I am, so many close calls! I do have love and sentiment for it though as I did travel from south of Europe to Finland good 15 years ago :). Someone recently recommended me a brompton saying it would fit in the aygo and in the flat or under the desk at work, bu then... Price = whoa. I'm bidding on a raleigh folding bike that is a 12th of the Brompton's price.

Still on the hunt for aygo, with less worries about space since becoming single yesterday. Almost got talked into buying an mx-5, but I have to be rational :).

• Like 1

Hey Gotagetz, do you still have the number for the seller of that blue aygo? Is it still for sale?

• 3 weeks later...

A mark 1 Yaris might be a good option? well made but am not sure if in your buget? but given the choice over a high mileage 3 cylinder Aygo or a 4 cylinder Yaris 1 i would go for the Yaris everytime.

Thanks Eddie. At the moment the insurance is way bigger problem than purchase of the car itself. Since my car was written off and I had to claim I am being quoted ridiculous amounts for even an aygo. Research continues. In the mean time I'm cycling and using pub transport.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

i read only the first 2 pages, but i got a 2005 Aygo with 120 000miles for 1560 pounds hahaha, bumpers uneven on front, back bumper some broken plastic clips, missing carpet (guessing leaks by reading this forum) , and today by asking about torque specs and stuff i found out it's not even JAPANESE, it's made in damn Checz  ... hope i didn't f myself over, should've read the sub first , it was my 1st time buying a car to be honest, and cheaper clios /peg 206  and similar cars were only 250-300 pounds cheaper and  all had some sort of "leak" "wet spot" around the engine, this Aygo was the only 1 that was dry ,