Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Check Engine System warning light

152bobby

This came on yesterday.

It flicked between "check engine system" and "check 4x4 system".

Plugged my obd reader in and it showed

$7E8:Engine and $7E9: A/T

Googled this and cannot really find much expect that something may be knocking in the engine !!

I have cleared the codes and extinguished the dash board warning lights and took it for a drive and they have stayed off.

Anyone seen these codes before ?

I have posted these questions elsewhere,  as I am concerned and need as much advice as possible.

Thanks.

Bobby

Your code reader is giving strange codes that are not a Toyota format, Toyota use a pretty universal DTC code type of at least 5 digits for example:

P0400, C1902, B1159, U0110 etc

P are Powertrain codes

C are Chassis codes

B are Body electrical

U are CAN communications

What I have found out since Googling more about it, these codes are like a type of higher error code and I should have scrolled down to the error code and hit enter and then I should have seen the usual P codes.

I should have known this, as I have used the OBD before and any other time it showed the usual P codes, not sure why this happened this time, as I'm using the same OBD reader and the same Rav.

Anyway, I've cleared them and the warning lights are now off.

If they come back, I'll be careful to read the codes properly.

I'm not sure it's a good or bad thing if they don't come back on !!! But I'm assuming, if there is a genuine issue, the warning lights will come back on.

Thanks

Bobby

If they don't come back, I wouldn't worry.  Mine has done the same sort of thing twice, both times when I tried to start it, and it coughed and didn't start.  Cleared the codes, and it started fine and no further issues.  I put it down as false positives.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links