Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Oops! Just bought a Hilux Surf Monster Truck!

Hilux Monster

Not sure if this was a good idea yet or not haha! Its quite a beast and although it does work, it wasnt apparent during the test drive that 3rd gear didnt, or that there was a small hole in the diff. 

Has anyone seen this truck before? It was used in a Sky TV show previously and apparently used to be a show truck. Any advice on looking after a 1995 Surf in general would be greatly appreciated. I'm fascinated to see what it will be like off-road but before that I'm going to install a few devices to help me detect cyclists. I'm quite baffled by the fact that London cyclists think its a good idea to overtake each other on the inside of this thing.

My vehicle background is more rally-orientated, particularly Lancia Delta integrales and the Subaru Impreza WRX STI. Its exciting to venture forward into the wonderful world of the Hilux, even if I have kinda overdone it!

Any thoughts are welcome and sorry in advance to any purists - I didnt do any of this!

Alex

dead on.JPG

drivers side.JPG

Front drivers.JPG

front passenger.JPG

passenger side.JPG

rear passenger.JPG

• Like 1

How could it ever NOT be an awesome idea? :cool: :drool:

You might want to get the reg plate fixed, though, as an enthusiastic police officer or traffic warden could make trouble over it where you would lose the right to that number.

It doesn't seem that anyone has bothered about it yet, though.

7 minutes ago, paul9 said:

How could it ever NOT be an awesome idea? :cool: :drool:

You might want to get the reg plate fixed, though, as an enthusiastic police officer or traffic warden could make trouble over it where you would lose the right to that number.

It doesn't seem that anyone has bothered about it yet, though.

Haha! Well indeed - generally it seems to bring people a lot of joy, which is the whole idea really.

Thank you - you're absolutely right! I got pulled over yesterday and they said they'll let me off this time as I'd just bought it (I was so bamboozled by all the other things to check that I completely missed the plates when I went to buy it) and so I ordered the new plates straight away. Should be here tomorrow!

An incredible looking truck you have there. Could be an interesting drive in the rain with those tyres had Land Rovers with mud tyres so you might need to adjust your driving to suit the weather conditions. Good luck with it and enjoy it.

2 hours ago, TP49 said:

An incredible looking truck you have there. Could be an interesting drive in the rain with those tyres had Land Rovers with mud tyres so you might need to adjust your driving to suit the weather conditions. Good luck with it and enjoy it.

Thank you - thats just the kind of advice I need, much appreciated - I'll be sure to take extra care. Cheers!

• Like 1

Looks fun!

James.

Wow..that's some beast...enjoy it.!!

11 hours ago, Auris James said:

Looks fun!

James.

It certainly is! As you can imagine it turns basically every head!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RUToyota said:

Wow..that's some beast...enjoy it.!!

It is a true monster haha! Thank you I will... and the joy is that everyone else who sees it seems to absolutely love it. Thats the real fun of having it!

• 2 years later...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links