Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Verso battery price for Start/Stop version

jasonlee183

I was originally quoted £150, then they asked if it was the start/stop type and now the price is £275!? Is that expected? Other local garages seem to be closed at the moment so can't call around for competitor quotes :(

stop/start systems use an EFB type yes they are expensive - a quick look on eurocarparts  - Exide EFB £259 or £156 if you use discount BANK70

GSF - Yuasa EFB - £106.10 after discount

Petrol or diesel?

It's a 2.0 diesel 2010 T-Spirit manual if that helps. Thanks for the advice so far!

I found another place a bit cheaper at £198.65 (Kwikfit). It think it's good to be transparent with prices esp. on forums like this.

I couldn't work out what the old Battery was because of the dirt but I could just about read "Yuasa AA4010 / 3000"? I've been told Yuasa is a good brand.

For reference, they replaced it with a "Platinum start stop plus AGM096E" Battery.

Doing a search on this, I find that National do it cheaper at £164 (£162.50 + £1.50 disposal) with free fitting! (https://www.national.co.uk/battery/agm096e)

Stangely, Kwikfit online is also cheaper 😞 £180.75 (£156.50 + £22.50 fitting + £1.75 disposal) (https://www.kwik-fit.com/batteries/search/details/AGM096)

Also, National has 4 year guarantee compared to Kwikfit's 3 years.

Are you sure it has stop/start eg. the engine turns its self off when you stop say at traffic lights ?

Yuasa 3000 are usually a standard Battery

AA4010 Is a standard 110 Battery - Yuasa YBX3110 or YBX5110 what are under £100

£22.50 to fit a Battery is a joke a trained chimp could do it

Oh, you may be right then. I may have unnecessarily installed a pricier Battery. I misunderstood start stop as the push start button type model not as you described where the engine stops at traffic lights.

Oh well, live and learn.

They usually go by the car registration when replacing a Battery. This would show if it requires a AGM/efb  type Battery or a standard fit. If they have fitted a AGM/efb when it was not required and a standard Battery would have been ok you should check the price quoted.

Best price I've found for a Yuasa 12v 85Ah 760A EFB Start Stop Battery YBX7115 (115EFB) my Verso 1.6D-4D is a very competitive £96.99 (inc VAT) from The Battery Shop.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links