Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toyota Auris 2013 1.3 Non-hybrid doenst start

Hi Guys,

My toyota Auris has start issues. Sometimes when i turn my key the start engine doesnt do anything. The car is well mantained and just 7 years old (120.00KM)
I try at least 20 times and suddenly the engine starts without any issues. Everyting sounds ok without any performance issues. 

I just bought the car and still have waranty. But they can't find anything so they cant help.

I added a video. The bleep is the parking sensor 😉

Please advice,

Kind regards,

Guido

So you bought the car, that has warranty, but does not start, and the company that provides warranty said they cant find the fault so they cant help you?

Where is the warranty there?

Personally i'd either try to return the car and get money back, or have them properly fix it. Maybe that is the reason why someone has sold it in the 1st place, or could be more than 1 issue underneath, or more expensive repair, so previous owner got rid of it.

You can always buy another one, if you get the money back.

A bad ignition switch ? if you wobble/jiggle the key as you turn it will in start ? Do you have your house keys on the same ring as your car keys ?

It maybe a earth/ground issue, test the Battery with a multi meter, check the Battery terminals are clean and tight if thats ok, see if the power cable to the starter is tight and the negative from the Battery to the body is sound

check the engine ground/earth a simple test is to use a cable from the engine to the chassis or battery negative

• Like 1

Difficult to see, are you fully pressing the clutch pedal when starting

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Devon Aygo said:

Difficult to see, are you fully pressing the clutch pedal when starting

I agree - don't see the key symbol appearing on the multi-function display when the clutch is depressed. So, either the clutch is not being depressed or the clutch switch is faulty?

Thank you for all the replies.
I released/pressed the brakes and the clutch many times. Just making sure this was correct. So i am 100% sure i pressed the clutch the correct way 🙂 

Do you have your house keys on the same ring as your car keys ? Nope, just the car key. 

if you wobble/jiggle the key as you turn it will in start? I'll try next time, when the issue occurs.

So, either the clutch is not being depressed or the clutch switch is faulty? This is my first response from the garage. Maybe just start by replacing the Clutch Switch and investigate further.

I am sure the garage will fix the problem. I am ok with helping them finding the issue. Since issues like this can be time consuming.

Just a random suggestion. Try tapping the starter motor a few times with a brush handle from above or soft mallet/hammer (rubber) from below, depending on access.

The solenoid can stick with age.