Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Corolla GR Sport 2.0

Andy P

Found out by messing about. You can configure the key to unlock only the drivers door with one click.  It;s in settings/Vehicle settings.   But no option to auto lock.  Still hopefully the techies will do that.   OK so I did about 70 miles this afternoon.  Very nice car to drive,  Road holding and steering are first class.  It would be a lot better on 17 inch wheels with bigger profile tyres. The tyre noise spoils what is otherwise a very nice drive.  The other thing I find I dislike is the dash display.  Even on the brightest setting it dims as soon as you start the car and is all but impossible to see.   Have yet to see if there is anyway of changing this.   Is there a night setting that I have yet to find that could be the culprit ?   It returned a respectable 50 mpg Mostly on B roads with a few small villages.   I am not disappointed in that at all. 

• Like 1

There is no autolock option in uk/eu.

If i recall it correctly it to due to the safety test legislation. After a crash the doors have to be unlockable from the inside if they have auto locked. As they cannot get a volunteer to   sit inside during a crash test it can't be tested so its not available!

It makes you think what are the statistics of people being locked in cars after a crash vs muggings/hijackings at traffic lights and road junctions

29 minutes ago, PACorolla said:

There is no autolock option in uk/eu.

If i recall it correctly it to due to the safety test legislation. After a crash the doors have to be unlockable from the inside if they have auto locked. As they cannot get a volunteer to   sit inside during a crash test it can't be tested so its not available!

It makes you think what are the statistics of people being locked in cars after a crash vs muggings/hijackings at traffic lights and road junctions

The three i20's we've had, including the current 2020 model, have all had auto locking, and the system unlocks automatically in the event of an impact. Aside from that Euro NCAP testing is actually voluntary, rather than a legal requirement.

Just made a 70 mile round trip to Birmingham. No motorways just mostly B roads.  Computer shows 54 mpg.  Fuel gauge is only a needles width off full.   Tomorrow will be mostly 70 mph dual carriageway.  Be interesting to see what it reads after that run 

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

Wow what a lovely car, an absolute pleasure to drive however the fuel consumption between the 1.8 and 2.0 GR Spot is unbelievable. I test drove both cars before purchasing the 2.0ltr and didn’t think much to it but after having the car for a couple of weeks I’m still only getting 42mpg. This is not just popping to the shops it’s been on a couple of good runs but still nothing over 42mpg. What’s everyone else getting out of their 2022 20ltr GR Sport? 

3 hours ago, Lee Nulty said:

Wow what a lovely car, an absolute pleasure to drive however the fuel consumption between the 1.8 and 2.0 GR Spot is unbelievable. I test drove both cars before purchasing the 2.0ltr and didn’t think much to it but after having the car for a couple of weeks I’m still only getting 42mpg. This is not just popping to the shops it’s been on a couple of good runs but still nothing over 42mpg. What’s everyone else getting out of their 2022 20ltr GR Sport? 

Don't forget, as with most new cars, there's a running in period. I believe that is even more important with hybrids. Once it's bedded in, it should start to return the proper figures stated and more easily.

Plus it's still winter, so it's colder, and again, to be expected. When you hit the warmer months, your engine should be run in, and you'll see healthier returns due to the warmer temps/

FWIW: I test drove a 2 litre C-HR the other week & that returned an average of 55 mpg average during my time with it - the vehicle had about 1k miles on it so was run in. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lee Nulty said:

Could be your driving style. Have you read and applied any driving tips for a Toyota hybrid. There are plenty on you tube.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Lee Nulty said:

I recently finished my first full tank, I calculated the mpg to be just under 52.

• Like 1

42mpg for 2.0 hybrid in current cold weather could be absolutely normal as we need to add all negative from the winter drive plus the excitement factor and more spirited driving looking for those unnecessary acceleration that hybrids does not like and here we have it. 1.8 even trashed can not go so low on mpg because has no power to deliver same driving experience therefore always will be the more efficient car, for advanced hybrid drivers and been careful I believe both 1.8 & 2.0 on a long motorway journeys can almost match efficiency. In town and A B roads 1.8 will be the winner as it’s lighter and has li-ion Battery, less mass to be accelerated often. Pulse and glide technique, correct tyre pressures, and relaxed driving style can improve hugely the efficiency, running in very slightly, I had a couple of Priuses from new and can easily say that there is no running in periods or if there are those are when you cross 100k miles mark 😂👌🏁