Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Door Dents

clarky

Folks,

Some low life dented my passenger door the other day - it hasn't actually broken the paint skin, but has creased the metal.

Its a pain as its more minor than a insurance job, but doesn't look good. I think that it can be either 'pulled' back out using some form of suction cup or pushed back from the inside.

Does anyone know where I could get one of the suction cups or maybe advise on how complicated it is to remove the interior trim on the doors?

- its such a sod, as it really spoils the clean lines of the yaris's door

Clarky

Yes, when I first got mine, I didn't realise the whole car was designed as one big crumple zone!

Dent removal firm or a bodyshop best for this sort of thing IMHO.

Folks,

Some low life dented my passenger door the other day - it hasn't actually broken the paint skin, but has creased the metal.

Its a pain as its more minor than a insurance job, but doesn't look good. I think that it can be either 'pulled' back out using some form of suction cup or pushed back from the inside.

Does anyone know where I could get one of the suction cups or maybe advise on how complicated it is to remove the interior trim on the doors?

- its such a sod, as it really spoils the clean lines of the yaris's door

Clarky

you can borrow mine, if your from manchester

Unfortunatly, it's one of those things that is very annoying but the cost to fix is too high. The worst thing is, if you spend loads to get it sorted then some ***** will go and do it again.

I went totally ballistic when I discovered I had been a victim aswell. Lucky for them they were not around :angry: I mean, if I take the trouble to be careful not to open my door on somebody else's property, I expect the same consideration...or am I living in fantasy land here :(

i got 3 marks on my passenger side and the other day got one on the drivers side. So people are so f***ing inconsiderate!

Tell me about it. One door dent and I now have 4 scrathed corners (on the bumpers) on my Corolla due to some fabulous parking by fellow motorists. Cheers friends.

I mean, if I take the trouble to be careful not to open my door on somebody else's property, I expect the same consideration...or am I living in fantasy land here :(

'fraid so mate.

Come on, be reasonable - why should people stop swinging their doors wide open just for you eh?!

if there is a matching paint colour mark on babes, I remove all 4 values pins on the other car (10 sec job), if the marks are really bad they I get the srewdriver out

Thanks for the offer - but I'm in Bucks - Manchester is a long way!

Where did you get it?

Clarky

from my dad, LOL

whats the proper name for it?

Put the rubber side protector strips on mine, £49 from Toyota .The latest protectors for the T2 , T3 etc are a lot wider than the previous model , so hoping that they will help .

• 3 months later...

This just happened to me... :ffs: I leave my car in a car park practically everyday and some @rseh0le has dented the drivers side door, it's not a massive dent and is hardly noticeable but it's frikking annoying...

I am considering getting those side moulding/strips for the sides... I know they look sh*te but better than having dents all down the sides..! especially since my car is parked in a car park all the time, I wouldn't have them otherwise... anyone had these put on..? I know they can be colour coded but how much do they cost?? Any info would be great... cheers!!

I ended up at chipsaway and they did a real good job for 70 squid. I hated having to pay for it- but couldn't live with it any longer.

They gave me a full report of all the other chips and dents and fixed the whole lot for anoth 175 - looks new!

The original dent was sufficiently bad that I was adviced to get a new door - so am well pleased.

Clarky

I am considering getting those side moulding/strips for the sides... I know they look sh*te but better than having dents all down the sides..! especially since my car is parked in a car park all the time, I wouldn't have them otherwise... anyone had these put on..? I know they can be colour coded but how much do they cost??  Any info would be great... cheers!!

I should do the same for mine, she's in a car park for 5 days of the week

At work I always pick who I park between. As long as I'm nowhere near sales (especially the mad Germans!) or some of the loonier factory staff then my car is pretty safe barring genuine accidents...

My preferred "neighbours" are the finance director and one of the polishers whose car is always immaculate!

A

I ended up at chipsaway and they did a real good job for 70 squid.  I hated having to pay for it- but couldn't live with it any longer.

They gave me a full report of all the other chips and dents and fixed the whole lot for anoth 175 - looks new!

The original dent was sufficiently bad that I was adviced to get a new door  - so am well pleased.

Clarky

Cool... I've read a lot about chipsaway... will defo consider it...

Blue... I think the strips along the doors are a good idea only if they're colour coded tho... wouldn't want black strips :ph34r: I know they charge £40-50 for the black strips but am not sure about the pricing for colour coded ones... my local Mr T garage are a bit "dim"... :rolleyes:

At work I always pick who I park between. As long as I'm nowhere near sales (especially the mad Germans!) or some of the loonier factory staff then my car is pretty safe barring genuine accidents...

My preferred "neighbours" are the finance director and one of the polishers whose car is always immaculate!

A

That's what I do but I park next to one of those island type things so that I minimise the possiblity of getting my doors denting on both sides, that's if I can't get one of those spots if not I pick the more "expensive" cars and park next to them didn't work today tho cos it was a merc that caused the damage! :ffs: altho looking at their car it was worse off them mine dents and what not everywhere and such a new car... :rolleyes:

I There's a good place in Leeds (Kirkstall Road if anybody knows the area) That will remove your first three dents and/or scratches for £40. They did a brilliant job of my mates GTI-6 both when he had dents, and when some girly reversed into his door! Ouch! He got it de-locked at same time for a fraction of price... so, they are a nice place!