Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rav4 2020 hybrid sxe pricing fair?

jcwall

Hey all,

Would love some help here. Trying to maximize value here and get the best deal. Looking at 2020 and 2019 Rav4 hybrid SXE and limited models.

So far this is the best deal I can find for a Rav4 hybrid SXE (I live in the Seattle area):

Retail Price Dealer Price Total Price
Vehicle Base Model 34,300.00 32,244.00 34,300.00
50 State Emissions      
Moonroof      
Premium Audio,Dynamic Navigation w/ JBL - Includes 8" Touch-Screen, 11 JBL Speakers in 9 Locations Including Subwoofer, Amplifier, Dynamic Navigation w/ 3-Year Trial, Dynamic POI Search, Dynamic Voice Recognition. Connected Services Safety Connect w/ 1-Year Trial, Service Connect w/ 10-Year Trial, Remote Connect w/ 1-Year Trial, Destination Assist w/ 1-Year Trial, Wi-Fi Connect w/ Up To 2 GB w/ 3-Month Trial. See Toyota.com/Connected-Services for Details 1,620.00 1,441.00 1,620.00
XSE PACKAGE      
XSE Technology Package - Front & Rear Parking Assist w/ Automated Braking, & Qi-Compatible Wireless Smartphone Charging 640.00 569.00 640.00
XSE Weather Package - Heated Leather-Trimmed Steering Wheel & Rain-Sensing Variable Intermittent Windshield Wipers w/ De-Icer Function 375.00 335.00 375.00
Total Accessories 2,635.00 2,345.00 2,635.00
Destination Charge 1,120.00 1,120.00 1,120.00
TDA   749.00  
Gasoline   11.40  
Total Price 38,055.00 36,469.40 38,055.00

correspondance so far:

"
1) Hi John,

I apologize for that missed detail. I thought you saw the pricing with the attachment my GSM sent you. Just to confirm I've attached the vehicle inquiry below showing the pricing for this vehicle. The MSRP is $38055 and the Dealer Cost (price we pay for the vehicle) is $36469. Currently we have a pretty healthy inventory and if I could get you close to our cost on this vehicle, would that put it in the ballpark for you?

2) Hi John,

Okay if we could get you close to our cost. I'm selecting a probable number of $500 over. You selling price would be about $36,969 and your OTD cost be around $41732 with tax, and fees. If we were at cost and I would need approval from my GSM, your OTD would be about $41180. If that is of interest what time would would you like to reserve?
"

I've messaged multiple dealers and all offers are within $500 of this; generally out the door pricing is as follows:

Base: $34,300
Packages and options: ~$2,600
Manufacturer Dest Charge: $1,120
MSRP (sticker price): $38,000

Dealer Discount: $1600-2000 (higher end has more options I don't want)
Total Price: $36,500

Sales Tax: $3800
Registration & Fees: $850

Total Purchase: $41,100

Couple of questions:
1) Do you guys think this is a good deal?
2) Which line items can I negotiate on?
3) Do you think there's an advantage to waiting till the end of the month?
4) From a deal perspective, would it be smarter to go for a 2019 used like this: Used Toyota RAV4 Hybrid for Sale in Seattle, WA - CarGurus
5) At $35,500 on the above, I'm assuming I could negotiate another $2k dealer discount as well, which would mean paying $33,500, or $4500 less with only $12k miles
6) Do 2019 used include all the same warranties?
7) Planning on working dealers against each other asking if they can beat a price. If they won't budge on prices, can I insist on getting free things included like mats and whatnot?

I know this is a lot and I appreciate if anyone can answer a single question lol. First time buyer and I've been reading a lot online but lot of info to synthesize.

Toyota Owners Club is UK based, with the majority of members being in the UK. As such the vast majority of members don't have enough knowledge/experience of the US market to be able to quantify whether or not this is a good deal or otherwise.

It looks like a good deal to us in uk as those prices are about the same in dollars as we pay in pounds

I agree the us pricing is much cheaper than we pay here in the UK

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links