Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rough start 2009 t27 1.8 fuel

highbeam

Hello,

I haven't even checked the error codes yet, but lately during this week my car has started very roughly. It can even start and stalls for a split second and then keeps going. Any ideas what could be wrong?

What I think is to first check voltages and codes and after that spark plugs and air filter.

Any bad start motors on these enginse?

Update voltages ok and no error codes. So let the search begin 🙄

Check for splits, holes, loose connections and other leaks or blockages along your air intake path. How  is the idle? Is it only a starting problem, and does it happen hot, cold or both? I'd personally want to investigate the throttle body for cleanliness and operation, and ensure the intake air mass sensor is clean and operating properly. Use a proper MAF sensor cleaning product on that one and remember it is a delicate component.

15 hours ago, paul9 said:

Check for splits, holes, loose connections and other leaks or blockages along your air intake path. How  is the idle? Is it only a starting problem, and does it happen hot, cold or both? I'd personally want to investigate the throttle body for cleanliness and operation, and ensure the intake air mass sensor is clean and operating properly. Use a proper MAF sensor cleaning product on that one and remember it is a delicate component.

Thanks for your tips. It happens only on startups and it still isn't every time but more often than before. It also happens on cold and warm engine but the engine runs, idles and pulls normally. I have to check the intake and clean the k&n filter. Still I'm starting to lean more on the start engine fault. Fathers t25 had broken starter at 195 000km and I have now 197000km on clock.

If your K&N filter is one of the oily types, the oil can get deposited on the airflow sensor and cause problems. Just a quick point to watch out for.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Problem has dissappeared, but I will have to keep close focus on this. Nothing has been made to the car yet. Maybe the Battery is not just holding up that well, because I have been working from home every second week and we still have had cold mornings (under 5C) before this week. I'll let you know when there is some update on the issue.