Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Avensis Front Brake Torque Settings

AvensisJoe

I'm going to change the front pads and discs on my 2011 Avensis so I will need the torque wrench settings for the caliper and bracket bolts. Can someone tell me what that are or where to find them please? Many thanks. Joe

www.toyota-tech.eu should have the information you need and a procedure. It is Toyota's official pay site, but the  short duration  prices are reasonable, download and save what you  need and whatever else might be useful to you. Some of what you need could be on a free access part.

I tried to access that site last night but it was an absolute nightmare to navigate. The links just took me round and round in circles.

And as for this sites requirement to verify I'm not a robot each time I submit a reply! On this occasion 9 attempts to tick bicycles and traffic lights on tiny photos. Ridiculous.

I wouldn't worry about the torque settings on the calpers and carrier,ive done loads of brakes over the years and you get a feel for the tightness of the bolts with experience.I don't think you can get a torque wrench on the nuts anyway.Get yourself some thread Locking Compound,use that and don't go over tightening the nuts you will be fine..PS the carrier bolts need a bit more torque that the slider bolts.

Thank you

8 hours ago, AvensisJoe said:

I tried to access that site last night but it was an absolute nightmare to navigate. The links just took me round and round in circles.

And as for this sites requirement to verify I'm not a robot each time I submit a reply! On this occasion 9 attempts to tick bicycles and traffic lights on tiny photos. Ridiculous.

Clearing your browser cookies may help the navigation problem. The Captcha verification will always remain a pain in the bum, though. Maybe your cookie blocking settings are too aggressive?

I've finally managed to get into  www.toyota-tech.eu and I'm looking at page  EURO5/6 which is where I can access the "repair manual". But nowhere does it list the contents. Does anyone know if the information I'm looking for is in this publication or another one? Will it be easy enough to find with just 1 hour access? Will I be able to print the page I need so I can take it with me out to the car? One hour access is pretty cheap but I'd still like to know what I'm paying for in case I can't find what I'm looking for in time.

Toyota aren't that good on "user friendly" are they?

I don't know if it is the same torque on the T25 Avensis as it is on your newer Avensis, but I would guess it would be almost the same. Here is the torques for the T25 Avensis.

Union bolt at the hose 29Nm

Bleeder plug 10 Nm

Caliper 30 Nm (According to Toyota workshop manual Non reusable part)

Bracket 102 Nm

Using a torque wrench is always much better than not using it. There are nice 3/8 torque wrenches that will be just fine when doing the brakes. I have several torque wrenches 1/4, 3/8 and 1/2 in different torque ranges. I use the one that will manage the job best.

I would not use any locking compound on the bolts. When you will need to loose those bolts again you will need more torque to loosen them than you should. It might damage the bolts. Then you have lots of old locking compound in the threads in the holes that needs to be removed before retightening it again.

• 9 months later...

I'm going to change the front pads and discs on my Avensis Station Wagen 2016 2.0 D4D. 143 ks.

I need the torque wrench settings for the caliper and bracket bolts. I can't find it anywhere.

Pls, help!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links