Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rear central air vent in Auris Excel Touring 1.2?

SaintErik

Does the Auris Excel Touring 1.2 have a rear central air vent (behind the front armrest)? The pics I've seen on Autotrader suggest it does but they're not clear. I know that the Exel trim has dual zone; I had assumed that was front and rear, but is in fact for the driver and front passenger?!

Thanks.

Don’t know how similar it is but I have the hatchback Auris Excel. The dual zone is for the two front passengers and there is no air vent in the rear of the centre console. There is a rectangular cubby hole there, which might look like an air vent if the photo isn’t very clear. 

• Like 1

Exactly as above. 

Also, in the Excel trim hatch, there are plastic ducts under the front seats for the benefit of rear seat passenger's feet, if I remember correctly.  Although, in certain mainland European countries, the cars got the under-seat ducts on all trim levels, unlike the UK.  

The lengths they go to to save some money....

22 minutes ago, mcntosh said:

Don’t know how similar it is but I have the hatchback Auris Excel. The dual zone is for the two front passengers and there is no air vent in the rear of the centre console. There is a rectangular cubby hole there, which might look like an air vent if the photo isn’t very clear. 

Same on the facelift. There's a small cubby and a 12V socket.

Thanks for the replies. That's a shame, a rear air vent isn't exactly a deal breaker but would be nice to have as our family all seem to have completely different temperature requirements! There seem to be v. few 'smaller' cars that have this. At least the dual-zone air con would be handy. Does it actually work? Never had it in a car before.

If the driver and front passenger can never agree about the temperature then dual zone climate control is definitely worth it.

Excel trim also has heated front seats, which are great in winter.

Good to know. At the moment it's a toss-up between a Fabia estate (I have the old model) and the Auris estate. The Fabia estate is a great little car (big on the inside), but the lack of kit puts me off; only the v. top of the range model has rear electric windows, but unfortunately the seat trim looks like it's been designed by a 7 year-old. I'm leaning towards an Auris estate at the moment, although it's interior is at the other extreme and rather dull.

The Auris is generally a very dull car, at least as a hybrid. Don’t get me wrong - it’s very comfortable (Excel trim has double wishbone rear suspension), functional and easy to drive, but it’s never going to set your pulse racing. 

One thing we did find is that rear leg room is maybe a little tight by family hatchback standards - not a problem for us as we rarely carry passengers in the back.

I'd tend to agree with that. I came to the Auris from a Fabia Mk1 vRS. Its a ... different experience! 🤣

Auris wasn't my choice - bought new by a family member who had to stop driving for medical reasons. I was struggling with the Skoda steering due to a shoulder injury, got the Auris on loan and ... it's still here. Still miss the megatorque of the Fabia turbodiesel though...

The 2.0 Corolla Hybrid is looking interesting.