Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aygo MK2 multiple system faults, fuse box fault.

rdmbfossa

My sisters’s 17 plate Aygo would not start so a friend charged the Battery for her. The car now has several electrical faults, no power steering, wipers, electric windows, audio, etc. There is no power at the fuses in the engine bay, I believe the main fuse was part of the complete fuse box in the MK1, is this still the case in the MK2, so complete fuse box replacement? Is this likely to be caused by faulty alternator? Or more likely something happened when charging the Battery, car was fine before the Battery was flat, I don’t know if battery was removed or disconnected before charging. 

Does the car start ? was the Battery installed the correct way around ?

check the 2 largest fuses under the bonnet 120a and 30a iirc

edit are the Battery terminals clean and tight are the top nuts on the terminals tight ? have they been undone at all ?

Yes car now starts fine and drives fine except you have no power steering, wipers etc so not safe to go any distance. 

Pretty sure the main supply fuse has gone, just not sure if it’s replaceable or built into the fuse box. It looks like you can’t access it from the fuse box without removing it.

it's a square 120a iirc,  if you haven't tried it, disconnect the Battery for 10-15 min and let it reset if it had blown the main fuse it would not start

depending on the spec there should be 2 large and 2 small wires going to the Battery

edit. do you have tail and stop lights ?

I disconnected the Battery yesterday and took it for a short drive but still the same. I checked with a multimeter, there is no 12v at the metal post in the fuse box in the engine bay or at any of the fuses I checked. Car starts fine but basically no electrical system after that and multiple warning lights on the dash. My wife and sister have Aygo’s there is 12v at these points on my wife’s car. Not sure of model name but it’s the one with leather seats, electronic air con (which is dead also) no satnav but large touchscreen stereo (which is dead also).

If there is no power to that fuse box it would not start, also you would have no gauges or head lights

I assume you have checked your meter is working correctly

Pick a circuit, say power windows what is fused via the internal fuse box (drivers side dash) and go from there

https://knigaproavto.ru/shemy/en/toyota/aygo/532-2014-2018-toyota-aygo-ab40-fuse-box-diagram.html

Yeah was going to suggest fuse's behind the steering wheel.  You hot a manual with fuse layouts?

Thanks for the replies so far. Have not got a service manual but did get online fuse layouts. Meter is definitely working fine. 12v is present at the post inside the engine bay fuse box in my wife’s car also there are several unused fuse positions where there is 12v supply but on my sisters car at these positions nothing, both cars are same spec and age with identical fuse boxes. Being no 12v feed to these blank fuses makes me think the fuse that supplies the fuse box has gone. From researching it appears a similar fault occurs in MK1 models if the alternator fails and it gives similar symptoms, there is a 120A fuse that is part of the body of the fuse box that blows, the car still starts but has multiple electrical faults, my feeling is this is very similar to the problem with my sisters car.

Fuse box from a Toyota Aygo (B40) 1.0 12V VVT-i 2017

This is pretty much the identical fusebox, you can see the 12v post with the nut on it in the bottom left centre of the photo and where the small square fuses in the centre are the empty pins have 12v in my wife's car but 0v on my sisters one. The main 125A fuse appears to be the large black area top right, above the 3 rows of fuses and next to the large golden yellow fuse, but there seems no way to access it.

• 1 month later...

Just to update this for anyone else, the car went into Toyota after lockdown restrictions removed and it was the fusebox above that was the issue. Suspected that someone jump started the Battery to the wrong terminals.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links