Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2020 Camry Software Update - Apple CarPlay in EU

Aeiria

@CrazyCatman Yeah seems like loose wiring, these kind of issues are irritating, I hope Toyota fixes everything.
Did you try to update navigation version after installing AA/CarPlay ?

44 minutes ago, kapy said:

@CrazyCatman Yeah seems like loose wiring, these kind of issues are irritating, I hope Toyota fixes everything.
Did you try to update navigation version after installing AA/CarPlay ?

@kapy I updated with the latest version found on MyToyota (Autumn 2023 I think it was called?) - installed without problem. The MEU was updated to the one included in USB2 I think. I do not remember what my Camry says the version is (I am driving the Yaris today so I can't check).

@CrazyCatman How did you install the Autumn 2023 update, did you buy it or is it available somewhere online ?

11 hours ago, CrazyCatman said:

@kapy It went away after a few days, but have come back again pretty randomly (went away and came back and went away and came back) during drive. I have cleaned the sensors but the error still occurs. I have also done the test of the sensors with a piece of metal (a key hanger I have in my home keys), and the four in the rear clicks as they should, but the four in the front didn't, so hopefully it is a loose connection after having the front bumber replaced.

Toyota will take a look at it Thursday (where they also will take a look at the rear JBL which haven't worked for almost a year, except the bass).

image.thumb.png.a3c9956d93077d3ae010733e80d92308.png

I found this map of Camry JBL audio system map here, in the back it is only woofer but rear door Speakers should have sound. Are you having issues with your rear door Speakers or are you expecting sound to come from the Speaker F ?

@kapy

17 hours ago, kapy said:

@CrazyCatman How did you install the Autumn 2023 update, did you buy it or is it available somewhere online ?

I have the three year MapCare, so I downloaded Map Update Autumn 2023 Toyota Touch 2 MM17/MM19 directly from eStore at MyToyota where the activation code also is provided.

12 hours ago, kapy said:

image.thumb.png.a3c9956d93077d3ae010733e80d92308.png

I found this map of Camry JBL audio system map here, in the back it is only woofer but rear door speakers should have sound. Are you having issues with your rear door speakers or are you expecting sound to come from the Speaker F ?

Mine is the 2019 edition, so it only have seven Speakers (I think - like the screen is also smaller 8" on mine and 7" on the lower spec models versus 8"/9" on newer models) three in each side and the one in the back. When we bought the car there was more sound in the back that there are now, and all side Speakers work. The rear one in the window (similar to F) only hums when I use the Speaker Check in the Service Menu. When I see the image in the manual, it does seem that it should play sound, but I could be wrong. I don't have the catalouge with me to check the details.

8 hours ago, CrazyCatman said:

@kapy

I have the three year MapCare, so I downloaded Map Update Autumn 2023 Toyota Touch 2 MM17/MM19 directly from eStore at MyToyota where the activation code also is provided.

Mine is the 2019 edition, so it only have seven speakers (I think - like the screen is also smaller 8" on mine and 7" on the lower spec models versus 8"/9" on newer models) three in each side and the one in the back. When we bought the car there was more sound in the back that there are now, and all side speakers work. The rear one in the window (similar to F) only hums when I use the Speaker Check in the Service Menu. When I see the image in the manual, it does seem that it should play sound, but I could be wrong. I don't have the catalouge with me to check the details.

Understood then I guess you have the stock Speakers. Nice that you have 3 years of Map updates, I just saw on MyToyota it is pretty pricy, it is almost 120 EUR for only 1 year updates.

12 hours ago, kapy said:

Understood then I guess you have the stock speakers. Nice that you have 3 years of Map updates, I just saw on MyToyota it is pretty pricy, it is almost 120 EUR for only 1 year updates.

I checked the catalogue and counted the units, and there are indeed nine Speakers. And all working af they should as there are only subwoofer in the rear window. So all good there 👍

The Parking Assistant apparently is working again. So I now have a deal with Toyota that I can come by if I am nearby and they check it quickly or of course I can try to make a new agreement to have to checked.

I got the map update with the car. I am not sure if I will continue after it expires in Q3 25 as I've also seen the price on the map care. 

Hello, Thanks to Alcar's instructions, I was able to update my radio to FA10. Unfortunately, USB3 does not want to start. Previously, after inserting USB3, the version went back to FA00 twice. Now it is FA10. The navigation version is 1120, which means there is no carplay.

Please tell me what I'm doing wrong

IMG_0655.jpg

IMG_0657.jpg

USB3.jpg

USB3_env_pana.jpg

USB3_env_vehicle.jpg

USB3_SYS_SUM_EEPROM.jpg

It's the DCU that hasn't updated, you should be up to DA31

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone!

From the start I want to thank Alcar and the others who contributed to this thread. I somehow managed to unblock the AA/Carplay feature on a 2019 camry.

First I want to say that, due to a USB1 malfunction, I did not complete the first step  (USB 1-2-1) in order to change MEU to FA10. Since I had the USB3 ready,  I thought I had nothing to lose, so I did only the second step of the guide (the USB3). Maybe I got lucky but it worked for me, the 1023 version installed even if the MEU was still FA00. I must say I have almost the same ref no. as Alcar (only difference is I have 33D80 instead of his 33D81).

And finally, one question for those who also succeeded, I do not seem to find a physical way to launch Carplay. If i press MENU, the same old options appear, the Carplay icon was not added. The Carplay screen launches at the moment of the phone plug-in, but if I press other buttons( like audio/radio) I can not get back to Carplay screen. Only option is to press steering voice button and say something like "launch waze". Do all of you have this problem, or is it just me? (maybe because I did not upgrade to FA10??)

Thanks everybody and good luck to those who want to try this update!

If you prepare the usb1 and usb2 later you can update MEU.

I don't know if you will solve this problem 😅

Normally when I press the audio or home button back to the Toyota screens 👍 I use Android Auto.

On 7/17/2023 at 6:08 PM, Alcar said:

Hello,

When I try to download....it says...You’ve received RAV 4 CARPLAY UPDATE from adina kamal

Is this correct? 

Captură de ecran din 2024-03-31 la 16.25.32.png

Hello All,

I am trying to update my Camry 2020 model with Apple Carplay and am referring your instruction for the same.
I have stuck with the USB3 folder, I have downloaded the folders in the below link and I am unable to find the folder for my model (86140-33D01)
http://streamtechdoc.toyota-motor-europe.com/techdoc3/retrofit/Full_upgrade_package_Toyota_USB3_EU.zip

In this case which folder should I rename and continue with the changes?

Daniel, 

There is no différence which folder you rename. 

There is importent how you modifie files as Alcar sad. 

Good luck! 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I read the instruction and this is a bit complicated, could you help me what exactly should I download → edit → upload to the stereo? I can pay someone for the help, if you could provide me the right files I need

image.thumb.jpeg.c48a676c99c06d205ac9b8a6f86b994b.jpeg

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links