Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2020 Camry Software Update - Apple CarPlay in EU

Aeiria

Hello Everyone,

It is very annoying that I cannot use the CarPlay and the installed map is an old version, out of date which does not have the full addresses or streets/house numbers of the EU maps.

It has navdb_version: 2019 v2 on Multimedia Touch 2.

Apple just updated their website and mentioned, 2020 Camry now supports the CarPlay.

Source: https://www.apple.com/ios/carplay/available-models/

Did anyone get the update?

Thank you in advance for your reply.

North American Camry running Entune has got Carplay, EU Camry running Touch2 has not been updated and as yet Toyota Europe have not announced any intention of adding AA/CP to Camry

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/18/2020 at 6:37 PM, Aeiria said:

Hello Everyone,

It is very annoying that I cannot use the CarPlay and the installed map is an old version, out of date which does not have the full addresses or streets/house numbers of the EU maps.

It has navdb_version: 2019 v2 on Multimedia Touch 2.

Apple just updated their website and mentioned, 2020 Camry now supports the CarPlay.

Source: https://www.apple.com/ios/carplay/available-models/

Did anyone get the update?

Thank you in advance for your reply.

The built in Maps are pretty good with the latest files - Map 2020v1 is available. What country are you in?

I find searching for postal codes or any short search is annoying as the initial search keeps jumping to results and doesn't wait until your finished typing - not sure if there is a way to change this?. Also if you want to search an address you have first goto the Search icon, then the '...' and then Address entry, its fairly long winded.

Regards AC and AA - there is no word yet from Toyota, my dealer promised it in November, then March. From many other EU forums I read Its likely there will be an update from July for the Corolla and Rav4 but that's not 100% clear as many owners are getting different information from dealers in different EU countries. Also Camry's ship with various DCU/MCUs - in some countries its the same as the Rav4s, others have unique models.  

17TDT1EU-CA01 (Denso/Fujitsu 7"), 17TDT2EU-DA01 (Panasonic 8" EU), 17TDT2EU-DA00 (Panasonic no DAB) and 17TDT2EU-DB00 

All with or without the Navi MCU 17TMT2EU-FA00.

Hi Brian,

I'm based in the Czech republic.

Yes, I upgraded the map to 2020v1.

It is better now in finding street names. However, when adding the building numbers, it does not bring any results.

Sometimes it shows me the same street name in different cities at first search. So the only workaround I found is to search as:

City,Street_Name

and yes no news from AA or ACP.

• 1 month later...

Just had a phone call with local sales and they told me the software update ETA for Apple carplay is schedulled for September.

one word .... Disappointed!

Unless Czech Replic get a different spec system from the rest of the EU there are currently no plans for AA/CP upgrade on EU Camry only Rav4 & Corolla

• 1 month later...

I found this on spanish forum https://www.clubtoyotacorolla.com/threads/retrofit-car-play-y-android-auto.3324/#

As they said it's working on Corolla and RAV4, in Camry we have the same multimedia unit, so maybe it will work?

Anybody knows anything about this update?

21 minutes ago, apnk said:

As they said it's working on Corolla and RAV4, in Camry we have the same multimedia unit, so maybe it will work?

If you're in Europe, then you will have the Touch 2 system, to which your link relates. However, see Devon Aygo's post above.

However, see Devon Aygo's post of 27/7/20 in the following topic:

If you're in the US, Canada, Australia, etc, you have Entune, which is a different system.

On 7/3/2020 at 11:10 PM, Devon Aygo said:

Unless Czech Replic get a different spec system from the rest of the EU there are currently no plans for AA/CP upgrade on EU Camry only Rav4 & Corolla

Devon, any idea why its different for the Camry, Is it hardware or licence related? I know the Australian Camry's also needed a hardware mic retrofitted in the upper cabin light switch area above the centre cabin lights.

I've seen messages on the Polish forums that Toyota are saying there is some HW safety issue that prevents it for Camrys sold in EU + UK.

Does not make much sence.

11 hours ago, Keanebg1 said:

Devon, any idea why its different for the Camry, Is it hardware or licence related? I know the Australian Camry's also needed a hardware mic retrofitted in the upper cabin light switch area above the centre cabin lights.

I've seen messages on the Polish forums that Toyota are saying there is some HW safety issue that prevents it for Camrys sold in EU + UK.

Does not make much sence.

At dealer level we don't get told why it is not possible, all we have had is a bulletin listing what cars have AA/CP and what cars will be getting it ( with a rough date ) and Camry is not showing either option, not got it/not getting it.

Why?  I can only assume but it is clear that Camry is currently unique for cars running the latest MM17 Touch 2 systems, as software updates are shared across other models such as Rav4, Prius, C-HR, Corolla etc all using a single update file where as Camry has a update file all of its own.

Not sure of the validity of this but I read from Polish forums claims from Toyota Service teams themselves that the only technical obstacle before loading AC/AA on board the Camry for Europe is approvals and cost. Toyota has to pay for re-approval of the radio of the receiver and does not want to do it. In the USA and Australia Toyota have funded the retrofit licensing, but not in Europe.

If true this is very disappointing and really damages the brand in my view.

4 minutes ago, Keanebg1 said:

In the USA and Australia Toyota have funded the retrofit licensing, but not in Europe.

Where they use Entune rather than Touch 2, which is a different system.

1 minute ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Where they use Entune rather than Touch 2, which is a different system.

That has nothing to do with it, point is about paying for licensing/headunit certifications in Europe. 

• 1 year later...

Any News on This topic? I have Toyota Camry Hybrid (early 2021) and it still doesn't have Apple Car Play.. 😞 

• 1 year later...

I managed to install Carplay/Android Auto on my 2020 Camry. I modified the US files to adapt them to my European model. Specifically my DCU 17TDT2EU-DA01 (86140-33D81) and MEU 17TMT2EU-FA00 (86140-06041). It is very easy to adapt to the rest of the models. If anyone is interested, please contact me and we can publish the whole process.

Of course I can not offer any kind of warranty and always under your responsibility.

• Like 7

21 hours ago, Alcar said:

I managed to install Carplay/Android Auto on my 2020 Camry. I modified the US files to adapt them to my European model. Specifically my DCU 17TDT2EU-DA01 (86140-33D81) and MEU 17TMT2EU-FA00 (86140-06041). It is very easy to adapt to the rest of the models. If anyone is interested, please contact me and we can publish the whole process.

Of course I can not offer any kind of warranty and always under your responsibility.

Well, I'm very interested in this topic, and I just can't believe nobody else is!

It would be very nice if you share your expirience with us. :cheers:

Yes, I'd appreciate it too. I'm not sure I'm brave enough to try it myself just yet, but it would be amazing to know it can be done.

Hello,

Attached is the PDF with the same instructions below.

First of all this is not inviting anyone to modify the system of their Toyota Camry and does not offer any warranty. I have only done it in order to learn and as a personal challenge.

This document is intended to be a summary of the process I followed to install Android Auto in my case and Carplay in the 2020 model Toyota Camry which is not officially supported.

After much reading through various Polish, German, Russian, Chinese and American forums and seeing that there was a Russian and Ukrainian group that had managed to install an update that allowed using AA/CP in the Camry model 2019-2020 I got down to work.

Reading I did not believe that in a 4h process they would disassemble the radio, unsolder, flash and reassemble for every car that came to them to do that process.

I do not consider myself an expert far from it. I played around a bit with the risk of brick and there is no guarantee that it will work for you guys either. Comparing files of the American camry I realized that although the models changed, the flashing used for the DCU binary files were the same.

I don't want to bore you too much with the technical stuff but I think it is important to add that other people add new models.

NOTE: If someone used the retrofit update they released from Toyota (as I have seen in some forum) and upgraded in my case from MEU version 17TMT2EU-FA10 you can directly start the USB3 update.

Surely this process will invalidate the warranty, something that you must also be very clear. Everyone is responsible for what he does with his radio and is responsible for any problems that may occur.

I will try to upload the retrofit files somewhere for those who do not have them, I had a hard time finding them but they are very large. I attach the file of my Camry that must be copied in the /VehicleParameter/DCU/ folder and if I can I will upload the whole package.

Process Android Auto/Carplay update in European Camry 2019-2020

What programs are you going to need?

Hex editor. You can find many on the internet. On linux I used gedit. For windows you have free Frhed or Super Hex Editor.

Normal text editor, not word and I would try to avoid windows notepad. You can use notepad++, visual studio code or whatever you prefer.

It is important to know the reference number of the screen you have, as well as the model. Where do you look at this, well nothing better than a picture to show it to you. You would have to either disassemble the radio or look for a picture of your model on the internet (as I did), although I was willing to disassemble it to get this code.

kOGqT8GcPCLDFuf_7s0RNFTekSzZdUSbvUQhEIaMlwJ64vHvKi_A_U-Sehitp_JxGHw6h3W3NcujFI54H5i2CvSs2b3dAMvl0fySullRhEZPRf6yKN0r3rxjkZ7-oUwc7xuKSANg8qCWI3eHq8IEMME

In this case for the model 86140-33D81 is the CV-CS88E1AJ. Here are some other models I found.

J93SB2hObVaeZMjJxmRa6W3mOHtwSMU-SaC8Gy0IT3loLo62xRoGPA8P-zwOHZjtFvMmBjAmXGeyCyS7t6KCOvZuvK-ohIdoiG4N3TbSA5jYZmR4Km9YHg_mJzCxCm7jkUau2j3eWkJFkb7R9TJQQBY

For this model 86140-33C50 is the CV-CS87E2AJ ... there are other European models and you can try to find yours.

Basically what you have to do is to take the folder of the firmware update of the American model and modify it with the data of Spain since really this folder what it does is to prepare the system (the radio) so that it can load the firmware that is indicated to him. The files in this case to update the MEU will obviously be those of Europe that are compatible with our Touch 2 system.

Step 1

Starting from the American retrofit, which in the case of Europe is the USB3, only the DCU/MEU files that are loaded and the specific MEU folders to reprogram the MEU change.

Copy a folder of the American retrofit of any camry, they are all the same the only thing that changes are the files that we are going to modify to add our screen model. I leave a screenshot for you to see the models. The retrofit was hard to find but diving in the American forums I found it. If I can I will upload the folder of my retrofit because really the content we need serves any of the CAMRY, watch out because there is another model that is not Camry, in the photo below I include the DCU models of the American Camry.

atFA5PMFtDWasdVnnAB-G-kw6TQ2iWRQHAYQQR8ZXuRcAvWl2lAZJGiaeaMNclYOiNHxdJCsFT9Tq5eEvm5MjqZZ-9hQPDCL7d8GH5Afbml4poeQuHRxdeO9WuDmTR2tdqcZj721UrrhdQGntWscyHs

You take any of these folders and rename it. In my case I renamed it 86140-06500 with my model 86140-33D81 and that is the one we are going to work with in step 2.

Step 2 

Inside this folder there are several files that we have to modify. I leave the list and we will analyze the changes of each one. The complete path inside the folder pendrive, as an example, is the following, always changing this one, 86140-33D81, for your models, if it is this model you already have it done.

Ruta: /VehicleParameter/DCU/86140-33D81/DCU/FactoryID

The files to be modified are those marked in blue:

O5nzC1KouHO7lE5Dys852e9KWzIFQSJ1-j8TYlybLV23HrHGYEP2HcuQwsZW02TOcXX3mItNWqTgCyUfPsMT2Jg_BZ7_sB6kboLRmCs9utQvVltwozOKz9c4LtR5g511mnNGHfV44kwPBqQtQXA4F5g

I don't want to go into the technical details of the signature files so let's get straight to the point.

SYS_SUM_EEPROM.BIN file. For this file you will need your screen model in the screenshot above, in my case 86140-33D81 is the CV-CS88E1AJ. You will have to take the part that is in blue CV-CS88E1AJ and the number that I mark in red CV-CS88E1AJ that you will have to modify in the hexadecimal editor. You will have to change in this case the 1 of the photo by the number in red that in this case is 1 but you can find another number and depending on the model can be a 2 or 3. In the blue part you will have to complete your model with the revision in this case add an A at the end, if you do not have revision put a "." that coincides with the FF value in the hexadecimal part, you can edit any part but it is easier the one where you see the model in text.

nptr3KZWoN7wyGdK1xbixn2SI4OAzRNKT-xmCH07Ri-NwOCNyVvX2cPvV60PmFNE0tyrV5z8OASiMQLRMmLuGBsWjePtKPVWGSjfI1fHVev_vdrd7RbroolAvZZEYuu3IDd1XXIzEROkQqARcV2JB6413ZGLx6IQPULeg3_oaeRR5RJvHSSqOI6hU4YGp6CSTUC5Y8JXj2hpmhXhgLJ1QrXcC8xVD-EMfuAM8Si2Ir8PRR5qHmVupCYOW_RUH1MsCjCp20B3fcNFwR7MXWVcrRAH71fhLAGfAXubecsVHWBqPY

Save the changes and go to the next file and you can close the hexadecimal editor.

Step 3 

We open the file env_pana.txt and we will have to modify the first lines.

VP_PANA_version= your radio version but at the end we remove the A and leave the model 01 although this can vary if you do not get it you can try with 00, 02, 03 which are the European models. On the right is the part that I modified with my models.

VP_PANA_pana_ID= The Id of your radio version but adding the revision if you have it, if not I would try with the 0 which is the wildcard to complete.

VP_PANA_maker_ID= The id of your MEU, this has no science.

VP_PANA_area=EU_EU_RUS which is our area.

VP_PANA_model_ID=the MEU you currently have in your radio.

FOdBF6XE0Ngg_GkATKK2zRmS1NXljXXfetTnXhJ2PK9xJozO81mgWxGRTNT0lxtrvFyfxIOTy2SJW1pBU8sJCQjurH3zQOv41FqXAS4oJJptOZSEolvruFnORrcCmJX5FjL6J9J-wkMb8nP3nkrkjQI

We close and play the last file.

Step 4 

We open the file env_vehicle.txt and here we only modify the first line. The last digits are left as 00 in Europe, at least in my case it has worked like this.

2V9KjOHQfGBOcQoEA_naFukbT4_KjgR3aP2Z2JGbKRch8B-5rCWnZvs0RgX_c9QYnTxuRA7yttmpfYbdpZRbEbfo9c9OZgvRJPyXBkIiB9kyLx7EDkWpt_zKJG0MLl4UAt00bpGUdcdoXQdwIvLtZjM
Save and the files are ready.

Step 5 

In this step we are going to modify the files as the Polish solution, thanks to Polish colleagues for testing this solution.

From the root you delete the phaseup.dat file and rename the next file with the version obtained by other colleagues. This table may not be accurate but I got it from https://www.clubtoyotacorolla.com/ forum.

DCU Denso/Fujitsu

17TDT1EU-CA31 -> 17TDT1EU-CA01

17TDT1EU-CA32 -> 17TDT1EU-CA02

DCU Panasonic:

17TDT1EU-DA00 -> 17TDT1EU-DA30

17TDT1EU-DA31 -> 17TDT1EU-DA01 

17TDT1EU-DA32 -> 17TDT1EU-DA02

17TDT2EU-DA00 -> 17TDT2EU-DA30

17TDT2EU-DA31 -> 17TDT2EU-DA01

17TDT2EU-DA32 -> 17TDT2EU-DA02

and we would have the USB 3 ready to go.

Update

For Toyota Camry there are two steps, MEU update, in my case it will go from:

17TMT2EU-FA00 -> 17TMT2EU-FA10.

This is done with the USB1 and USB2 already known, the correct sequence according to the Toyota manual is

USB1->USB2->USB1

In case you have problems with the USB2, you can copy your file in my case it helped me to put the kwi file that corresponded to my model inside the FMU folder that I also saw in another forum.

9u_QO-172CMo0SWbXyNCA-aIWjTw_4EPL-MWofGFP1r-ppqpIEenumeIywgia0uSVCChl_pdE9EJkiBvwBgL2uZulxT8HYcBe9d854g4yPlMe4Gj2TinT93D5L82K59fXhFR0sdwjtyVC1msy3tDelM

Once you start the update sequence the radio system will stay in that step even if you turn off the car 100 times. So if you started with USB1, if you put it back in it will not do anything until you have put in USB2. You have to follow the steps strictly.

IMPORTANT Do not insert the USB3 without finishing the previous sequence.

Finally, once you have your MEU modified, insert the USB3 and go to the software update section and click on software update. Here is a screenshot

ytKiMKfnHDrIY7XPVL_jleDjP4iiF61ILvrzHryAcs4aChwEbxtv58zT5SE2gslqc8AoxATV9Fo9axcz53qKjsUVdTE62yBBrvNvanDDfbdnWTpWEpLPRb5b2ue21xKGZHr_vfhOuFqxx9N4f9bS-D0

My versions after the upgrade.

0tOEwh31GotzXxyTv0wlArBIqr7l4mCd37NUW2_-lPAhdgoAdEbXDWRsqZwk2x2xT3flilVHg51RXOMFWWDMVKCZ7dy806BN1CkQjc9FqGV8x-j5Qv3PzTefFEe_VecVqSGUdpiW16vN7c6DqcfnTuE

Update DCU to last version

After that when you want to update the DCU you have to download the corresponding file from the toyota website and rename it as you did in the previous step as I leave here.

DCU Denso/Fujitsu

DCU Panasonic:

Finally the versions I was left with after upgrading everything were.

XID9DZH8O0I20X-Vn0Uum5TuYwhalp7xCktuNVh01gqyolHjRlugzdGa0Py4gBlhGLIsUCDDdON3Pl5EAFm7XMV792jNRZm9pL9kaP9cdim6xY6J44USurJFaKvxSecy7zPowQyKRapWolgQbUOlTww

Problems I have encountered

Problems I have found that I can not connect the Toyota Online that I have read that is a fairly common problem with the official retrofit in the corolla, I do not know if in the RAV4 has also happened. The MyT app works correctly and still detects everything without problem, what does not work in the part of the car that is also not very useful at least for me.

Problems in the update I have encountered. The first time I did not delete the phaseup.dat file and it gave me the error with red screen error 01. Following the instructions of other compis to delete it worked without problem. 

That's all I hope it helps you and that you can update your systems.

Camry AA_CP English.pdf 86140-33D81.zip

• Thanks 3

Wow, that was impressive!

I really appreciate your effort, thanks! 

Will try over the weekend and report back. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Vladakster said:

Wow, that was impressive!

I really appreciate your effort, thanks! 

Will try over the weekend and report back. 

if you need help, send me a message

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Alcar,

Thank you for the guide on how to update the software on the Camry, it is the only English one for non-NA versions! I really want to try this. But my version is DCU: 17TDT2OC-EA00, MEU:  17TMT2OC-EA00 (Oceania), and my model is 86140-33450. I cannot find my serial number online so I will first need to open up the display unit to check it. Before I try it I just have a couple of questions I hope you can answer please.

I am confused about what you are saying about USB1/2/3, I have attached the NA Camry update that I could find online. Reading the guide it doesn't say to put into separate USB? Only 1.

1120257486_camryT2.thumb.png.fb7063d566dd11e7d06f84bf94701277.png

Also I don't understand your table

DCU Panasonic:

Does that mean I change the .kwi files I have like this?

PreInstall/17TDT2NA-DA01_6000 -> PreInstall/17TDT2OC-DA01_6000

PreInstall/17TMT2NA-DA02_6000 -> PreInstall/17TMT2OC-DA02_6000

17TDT2NA-DA00_7910 -> 17TDT2OC-DA30_7910

17TDT2NA-DA01_7910 -> 17TDT2OC-DA01_7910

17TMT2NA-DA00_7910 -> 17TMT2OC-DA30_7910

Thank you.

1 hour ago, bobbyob said:

Hi Alcar,

Thank you for the guide on how to update the software on the Camry, it is the only English one for non-NA versions! I really want to try this. But my version is DCU: 17TDT2OC-EA00, MEU:  17TMT2OC-EA00 (Oceania), and my model is 86140-33450. I cannot find my serial number online so I will first need to open up the display unit to check it. Before I try it I just have a couple of questions I hope you can answer please.

I am confused about what you are saying about USB1/2/3, I have attached the NA Camry update that I could find online. Reading the guide it doesn't say to put into separate USB? Only 1.

1120257486_camryT2.thumb.png.fb7063d566dd11e7d06f84bf94701277.png

Also I don't understand your table

Does that mean I change the .kwi files I have like this?

PreInstall/17TDT2NA-DA01_6000 -> PreInstall/17TDT2OC-DA01_6000

PreInstall/17TMT2NA-DA02_6000 -> PreInstall/17TMT2OC-DA02_6000

17TDT2NA-DA00_7910 -> 17TDT2OC-DA30_7910

17TDT2NA-DA01_7910 -> 17TDT2OC-DA01_7910

Thank you.

Hello @bobo This change is only for European's camrys. Sorry, I don't know the system of Oceania's Camry .
I'm absolutaly sure that this change don't work in your car.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/10/2023 at 1:37 PM, Alcar said:

Hello,

Attached is the PDF with the same instructions below.

First of all this is not inviting anyone to modify the system of their Toyota Camry and does not offer any warranty. I have only done it in order to learn and as a personal challenge.

This document is intended to be a summary of the process I followed to install Android Auto in my case and Carplay in the 2020 model Toyota Camry which is not officially supported.

After much reading through various Polish, German, Russian, Chinese and American forums and seeing that there was a Russian and Ukrainian group that had managed to install an update that allowed using AA/CP in the Camry model 2019-2020 I got down to work.

Reading I did not believe that in a 4h process they would disassemble the radio, unsolder, flash and reassemble for every car that came to them to do that process.

I do not consider myself an expert far from it. I played around a bit with the risk of brick and there is no guarantee that it will work for you guys either. Comparing files of the American camry I realized that although the models changed, the flashing used for the DCU binary files were the same.

I don't want to bore you too much with the technical stuff but I think it is important to add that other people add new models.

NOTE: If someone used the retrofit update they released from Toyota (as I have seen in some forum) and upgraded in my case from MEU version 17TMT2EU-FA10 you can directly start the USB3 update.

Surely this process will invalidate the warranty, something that you must also be very clear. Everyone is responsible for what he does with his radio and is responsible for any problems that may occur.

I will try to upload the retrofit files somewhere for those who do not have them, I had a hard time finding them but they are very large. I attach the file of my Camry that must be copied in the /VehicleParameter/DCU/ folder and if I can I will upload the whole package.

Process Android Auto/Carplay update in European Camry 2019-2020

What programs are you going to need?

Hex editor. You can find many on the internet. On linux I used gedit. For windows you have free Frhed or Super Hex Editor.

Normal text editor, not word and I would try to avoid windows notepad. You can use notepad++, visual studio code or whatever you prefer.

It is important to know the reference number of the screen you have, as well as the model. Where do you look at this, well nothing better than a picture to show it to you. You would have to either disassemble the radio or look for a picture of your model on the internet (as I did), although I was willing to disassemble it to get this code.

kOGqT8GcPCLDFuf_7s0RNFTekSzZdUSbvUQhEIaMlwJ64vHvKi_A_U-Sehitp_JxGHw6h3W3NcujFI54H5i2CvSs2b3dAMvl0fySullRhEZPRf6yKN0r3rxjkZ7-oUwc7xuKSANg8qCWI3eHq8IEMME

In this case for the model 86140-33D81 is the CV-CS88E1AJ. Here are some other models I found.

J93SB2hObVaeZMjJxmRa6W3mOHtwSMU-SaC8Gy0IT3loLo62xRoGPA8P-zwOHZjtFvMmBjAmXGeyCyS7t6KCOvZuvK-ohIdoiG4N3TbSA5jYZmR4Km9YHg_mJzCxCm7jkUau2j3eWkJFkb7R9TJQQBY

For this model 86140-33C50 is the CV-CS87E2AJ ... there are other European models and you can try to find yours.

Basically what you have to do is to take the folder of the firmware update of the American model and modify it with the data of Spain since really this folder what it does is to prepare the system (the radio) so that it can load the firmware that is indicated to him. The files in this case to update the MEU will obviously be those of Europe that are compatible with our Touch 2 system.

Step 1

Starting from the American retrofit, which in the case of Europe is the USB3, only the DCU/MEU files that are loaded and the specific MEU folders to reprogram the MEU change.

Copy a folder of the American retrofit of any camry, they are all the same the only thing that changes are the files that we are going to modify to add our screen model. I leave a screenshot for you to see the models. The retrofit was hard to find but diving in the American forums I found it. If I can I will upload the folder of my retrofit because really the content we need serves any of the CAMRY, watch out because there is another model that is not Camry, in the photo below I include the DCU models of the American Camry.

atFA5PMFtDWasdVnnAB-G-kw6TQ2iWRQHAYQQR8ZXuRcAvWl2lAZJGiaeaMNclYOiNHxdJCsFT9Tq5eEvm5MjqZZ-9hQPDCL7d8GH5Afbml4poeQuHRxdeO9WuDmTR2tdqcZj721UrrhdQGntWscyHs

You take any of these folders and rename it. In my case I renamed it 86140-06500 with my model 86140-33D81 and that is the one we are going to work with in step 2.

Step 2 

Inside this folder there are several files that we have to modify. I leave the list and we will analyze the changes of each one. The complete path inside the folder pendrive, as an example, is the following, always changing this one, 86140-33D81, for your models, if it is this model you already have it done.

Ruta: /VehicleParameter/DCU/86140-33D81/DCU/FactoryID

The files to be modified are those marked in blue:

O5nzC1KouHO7lE5Dys852e9KWzIFQSJ1-j8TYlybLV23HrHGYEP2HcuQwsZW02TOcXX3mItNWqTgCyUfPsMT2Jg_BZ7_sB6kboLRmCs9utQvVltwozOKz9c4LtR5g511mnNGHfV44kwPBqQtQXA4F5g

I don't want to go into the technical details of the signature files so let's get straight to the point.

SYS_SUM_EEPROM.BIN file. For this file you will need your screen model in the screenshot above, in my case 86140-33D81 is the CV-CS88E1AJ. You will have to take the part that is in blue CV-CS88E1AJ and the number that I mark in red CV-CS88E1AJ that you will have to modify in the hexadecimal editor. You will have to change in this case the 1 of the photo by the number in red that in this case is 1 but you can find another number and depending on the model can be a 2 or 3. In the blue part you will have to complete your model with the revision in this case add an A at the end, if you do not have revision put a "." that coincides with the FF value in the hexadecimal part, you can edit any part but it is easier the one where you see the model in text.

nptr3KZWoN7wyGdK1xbixn2SI4OAzRNKT-xmCH07Ri-NwOCNyVvX2cPvV60PmFNE0tyrV5z8OASiMQLRMmLuGBsWjePtKPVWGSjfI1fHVev_vdrd7RbroolAvZZEYuu3IDd1XXIzEROkQqARcV2JB6413ZGLx6IQPULeg3_oaeRR5RJvHSSqOI6hU4YGp6CSTUC5Y8JXj2hpmhXhgLJ1QrXcC8xVD-EMfuAM8Si2Ir8PRR5qHmVupCYOW_RUH1MsCjCp20B3fcNFwR7MXWVcrRAH71fhLAGfAXubecsVHWBqPY

Save the changes and go to the next file and you can close the hexadecimal editor.

Step 3 

We open the file env_pana.txt and we will have to modify the first lines.

VP_PANA_version= your radio version but at the end we remove the A and leave the model 01 although this can vary if you do not get it you can try with 00, 02, 03 which are the European models. On the right is the part that I modified with my models.

VP_PANA_pana_ID= The Id of your radio version but adding the revision if you have it, if not I would try with the 0 which is the wildcard to complete.

VP_PANA_maker_ID= The id of your MEU, this has no science.

VP_PANA_area=EU_EU_RUS which is our area.

VP_PANA_model_ID=the MEU you currently have in your radio.

FOdBF6XE0Ngg_GkATKK2zRmS1NXljXXfetTnXhJ2PK9xJozO81mgWxGRTNT0lxtrvFyfxIOTy2SJW1pBU8sJCQjurH3zQOv41FqXAS4oJJptOZSEolvruFnORrcCmJX5FjL6J9J-wkMb8nP3nkrkjQI

We close and play the last file.

Step 4 

We open the file env_vehicle.txt and here we only modify the first line. The last digits are left as 00 in Europe, at least in my case it has worked like this.

2V9KjOHQfGBOcQoEA_naFukbT4_KjgR3aP2Z2JGbKRch8B-5rCWnZvs0RgX_c9QYnTxuRA7yttmpfYbdpZRbEbfo9c9OZgvRJPyXBkIiB9kyLx7EDkWpt_zKJG0MLl4UAt00bpGUdcdoXQdwIvLtZjM
Save and the files are ready.

Step 5 

In this step we are going to modify the files as the Polish solution, thanks to Polish colleagues for testing this solution.

From the root you delete the phaseup.dat file and rename the next file with the version obtained by other colleagues. This table may not be accurate but I got it from https://www.clubtoyotacorolla.com/ forum.

DCU Denso/Fujitsu

DCU Panasonic:

and we would have the USB 3 ready to go.

Update

For Toyota Camry there are two steps, MEU update, in my case it will go from:

17TMT2EU-FA00 -> 17TMT2EU-FA10.

This is done with the USB1 and USB2 already known, the correct sequence according to the Toyota manual is

USB1->USB2->USB1

In case you have problems with the USB2, you can copy your file in my case it helped me to put the kwi file that corresponded to my model inside the FMU folder that I also saw in another forum.

9u_QO-172CMo0SWbXyNCA-aIWjTw_4EPL-MWofGFP1r-ppqpIEenumeIywgia0uSVCChl_pdE9EJkiBvwBgL2uZulxT8HYcBe9d854g4yPlMe4Gj2TinT93D5L82K59fXhFR0sdwjtyVC1msy3tDelM

Once you start the update sequence the radio system will stay in that step even if you turn off the car 100 times. So if you started with USB1, if you put it back in it will not do anything until you have put in USB2. You have to follow the steps strictly.

IMPORTANT Do not insert the USB3 without finishing the previous sequence.

Finally, once you have your MEU modified, insert the USB3 and go to the software update section and click on software update. Here is a screenshot

ytKiMKfnHDrIY7XPVL_jleDjP4iiF61ILvrzHryAcs4aChwEbxtv58zT5SE2gslqc8AoxATV9Fo9axcz53qKjsUVdTE62yBBrvNvanDDfbdnWTpWEpLPRb5b2ue21xKGZHr_vfhOuFqxx9N4f9bS-D0

My versions after the upgrade.

0tOEwh31GotzXxyTv0wlArBIqr7l4mCd37NUW2_-lPAhdgoAdEbXDWRsqZwk2x2xT3flilVHg51RXOMFWWDMVKCZ7dy806BN1CkQjc9FqGV8x-j5Qv3PzTefFEe_VecVqSGUdpiW16vN7c6DqcfnTuE

Update DCU to last version

After that when you want to update the DCU you have to download the corresponding file from the toyota website and rename it as you did in the previous step as I leave here.

DCU Denso/Fujitsu

DCU Panasonic:

Finally the versions I was left with after upgrading everything were.

XID9DZH8O0I20X-Vn0Uum5TuYwhalp7xCktuNVh01gqyolHjRlugzdGa0Py4gBlhGLIsUCDDdON3Pl5EAFm7XMV792jNRZm9pL9kaP9cdim6xY6J44USurJFaKvxSecy7zPowQyKRapWolgQbUOlTww

Problems I have encountered

Problems I have found that I can not connect the Toyota Online that I have read that is a fairly common problem with the official retrofit in the corolla, I do not know if in the RAV4 has also happened. The MyT app works correctly and still detects everything without problem, what does not work in the part of the car that is also not very useful at least for me.

Problems in the update I have encountered. The first time I did not delete the phaseup.dat file and it gave me the error with red screen error 01. Following the instructions of other compis to delete it worked without problem. 

That's all I hope it helps you and that you can update your systems.

Camry AA_CP English.pdf 3.64 MB · 11 downloads 86140-33D81.zip 9.63 kB · 14 downloads

Sorry, I forget comment a last step. I updated the manual.

Last step

To get Android Auto / Carplay, you must also perform an additional step, press the SETUP button and give it to delete user data, restart by pressing the power button on the radio and when you connect your phone will appear. In my case to select the Android Auto input always appears to me in the Audio part.

Update the MEU to the latest version

You download the latest version

http://streamtechdoc.toyota-motor-europe.com/techdoc3/audio_navigation/17TMT2EU-FA10_Latest.zip

and from the software update the button will be enabled.

Finally the versions that I was left after updating everything were

Camry AA_CP English.pdf

• Thanks 1

Hmmm. Its alright for some.

I took my 2020 Camry hybrid to my local Toyota centre and they returned it without the Apple Car Play update as the car was too early and wasn't able to be upgraded (I ordered in late December 2019, received in July 2020, car built in Japan). The technician said that he'd tried 3 times to do the software update but it wouldn't work.

I get them to try again at my next service in June but don't hold out much hope. 

Has anyone else had this?