Sign in to follow this  
Aeiria

2020 Camry Software Update - Apple CarPlay in EU

Hello Everyone,

It is very annoying that I cannot use the CarPlay and the installed map is an old version, out of date which does not have the full addresses or streets/house numbers of the EU maps.

It has navdb_version: 2019 v2 on Multimedia Touch 2.

Apple just updated their website and mentioned, 2020 Camry now supports the CarPlay.

Source: https://www.apple.com/ios/carplay/available-models/

Did anyone get the update?

Thank you in advance for your reply.

North American Camry running Entune has got Carplay, EU Camry running Touch2 has not been updated and as yet Toyota Europe have not announced any intention of adding AA/CP to Camry

On 5/18/2020 at 6:37 PM, Aeiria said:

Hello Everyone,

It is very annoying that I cannot use the CarPlay and the installed map is an old version, out of date which does not have the full addresses or streets/house numbers of the EU maps.

It has navdb_version: 2019 v2 on Multimedia Touch 2.

Apple just updated their website and mentioned, 2020 Camry now supports the CarPlay.

Source: https://www.apple.com/ios/carplay/available-models/

Did anyone get the update?

Thank you in advance for your reply.

The built in Maps are pretty good with the latest files - Map 2020v1 is available. What country are you in?

I find searching for postal codes or any short search is annoying as the initial search keeps jumping to results and doesn't wait until your finished typing - not sure if there is a way to change this?. Also if you want to search an address you have first goto the Search icon, then the '...' and then Address entry, its fairly long winded.

Regards AC and AA - there is no word yet from Toyota, my dealer promised it in November, then March. From many other EU forums I read Its likely there will be an update from July for the Corolla and Rav4 but that's not 100% clear as many owners are getting different information from dealers in different EU countries. Also Camry's ship with various DCU/MCUs - in some countries its the same as the Rav4s, others have unique models.  

17TDT1EU-CA01 (Denso/Fujitsu 7"), 17TDT2EU-DA01 (Panasonic 8" EU), 17TDT2EU-DA00 (Panasonic no DAB) and 17TDT2EU-DB00 

All with or without the Navi MCU 17TMT2EU-FA00.

Hi Brian,

I'm based in the Czech republic.

Yes, I upgraded the map to 2020v1.

It is better now in finding street names. However, when adding the building numbers, it does not bring any results.

Sometimes it shows me the same street name in different cities at first search. So the only workaround I found is to search as:

City,Street_Name

and yes no news from AA or ACP.

Just had a phone call with local sales and they told me the software update ETA for Apple carplay is schedulled for September.

one word .... Disappointed!

Unless Czech Replic get a different spec system from the rest of the EU there are currently no plans for AA/CP upgrade on EU Camry only Rav4 & Corolla