Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2020 Camry Software Update - Apple CarPlay in EU

Aeiria

15 minutes ago, RZsolt said:

Dang... 😮

NOw the first step is done. Now comes the usb 2. Does it come alone, or with the fa10 together?

With the fa10 together. For USB2, you have to go setup -> update software -> update
And the end you have to put USB1 again and finish MEU update.

4 minutes ago, Alcar said:

With the fa10 together. For USB2, you have to go setup -> update software -> update
And the end you have to put USB1 again and finish MEU update.

This is my usb3 folder, is it good? meaning the usb3 is in the root, and I only kept the dcu folder of mine.

IMG_0453.jpg

IMG_0454.jpg

IMG_0455.jpg

2 hours ago, Tibi said:

NOw the first step is done. Now comes the usb 2. Does it come alone, or with the fa10 together?

Can you please update when finish? I have the same version of Entune and want start upgrading for carpaly.

12 minutes ago, VladimirB said:

Can you please update when finish? I have the same version of Entune and want start upgrading for carpaly.

For entune you have a official upgrade.

Alcar, may be I named it in wrong name. Sorry, new one here. My model is 17TDT2EU-DA00. look on photo please. So I should not do this manipulations and download an update? If where I can download it? 

20230423_185646.jpg

34 minutes ago, VladimirB said:

I have the same version of Entune

European models didn't have Entune - that was for the US, Canadian and Australian markets. 

Believe you're in France so will have Touch 2

• Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, VladimirB said:

Alcar, may be I named it in wrong name. Sorry, new one here. My model is 17TDT2EU-DA00. look on photo please. So I should not do this manipulations and download an update? If where I can download it? 

20230423_185646.jpg

yes, it's possible but other user report that original maps don't work because show a black screen. When he changes to the last versión the maps works fine. I don't know if their maps are original or it was buyed out of toyota site. 
You can test and if you don't like, always you can revert, installing the last versión of software and no problem.

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, VladimirB said:

20230423_185646.jpg

I have other than yours, my buttons are not the same. Although the usb1 and 2 is done.

• Thanks 1

Actually the main problem for me is to get Ref.No for 17TDT2EU-DA00, guys if someone have this version please share Ref.No. Thanks.

I have finally run it, but in the end there is no either android auto nor Apple carplay. This is the final screen. I have done what it has required, deleted the personal datas, but still nothing. Any idea? 

IMG_0464.thumb.jpg.29e769700ecadb323b5a1993a5b1194f.jpg

2 hours ago, Tibi said:

I have finally run it, but in the end therIMG_0464.thumb.jpg.29e769700ecadb323b5a1993a5b1194f.jpge is no either android auto nor apple carplay. This is the final screen. I have done what it has required, deleted the personal datas, but still nothing. Any idea?

Please, can you show me yourb updated version?

Thanks.

AlcarI get my ref number, actually I have two and after AJ I also have 08, a little bit confused. And I think I should use first one? 

And about USB3, I have a lot of DCU models, how I can know which of them are for Camry? 

20230425_130733.jpg

fdr.JPG

At step 5, I am a little bit don't understand. First on usb3 I should delete all files and modify only one that is compatible with my model 17TDT2EU-DA00 -> 17TDT2EU-DA30? But I don't have it in my folder, look at screenshot please. Can I take 17TDT2EU-DA01_7910 and rename it to 17TDT2EU-DA30? And USB2, what should be done with it, also rename some files (third image is content of my usb2)?

23.JPG

fdee3.JPG

Снимок.JPG

For Toyota Camry there are two steps, MEU update, in my case it will go from:

17TMT2EU-FA00 -> 17TMT2EU-FA10.

And here, where this file should be changed?

On 4/27/2023 at 10:16 PM, Tibi said:

does the carlinkit 4.0 works with it

It should be but I don't test with iPhone.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/27/2023 at 10:16 PM, Tibi said:

does the carlinkit 4.0 works with it?

My works with ottocast U2-X Pro, tested with iPhone.

• 2 weeks later...

I have some questions before I start fiddling with the files and the car 😄

I assume that when I have done the update as described I will still have the radio/car (like how the hybrid batterie is being loaded) functions that I have now ?? (Android Auto just on top of every function the car has right now)

I do need 3 usb drives right ? Which file system the toyota requires on the usb drives (fat32 or will ext4 also work) ?

Thanks in advance

17 hours ago, landjalan said:

I have some questions before I start fiddling with the files and the car 😄

I assume that when I have done the update as described I will still have the radio/car (like how the hybrid batterie is being loaded) functions that I have now ?? (Android Auto just on top of every function the car has right now)

I do need 3 usb drives right ? Which file system the toyota requires on the usb drives (fat32 or will ext4 also work) ?

Thanks in advance

Yes, you always have the toyota system, Android Auto or Carplay is installed like a audio option more, you can switch between Android Auto or the FM radio with button mode in the steering wheel.

You need three pendrives but if you only want Android Auto, you only apply USB3. It's reccomended to apply three USB. Toyota system only works with fat32. 

• Thanks 1

Hello everyone

I want to update to have carplay. The only thing that makes me hesitate is the fear of losing the functionality of Toyota online. Has anyone managed to trace the new device number ending with the number "3" rather than "1" in the toyota connected services portal? Only way to be able to update new maps. Has the device changed its name on the Toyota portal, i.e. HARMANMM19RETROTOY? Has anyone gotten Coyote to work. How did you do?

On 5/26/2023 at 6:58 PM, Alcar said:

Yes, you always have the Toyota system, Android Auto or Carplay is installed like a audio option more, you can switch between Android Auto or the FM radio with button mode in the steering wheel.

You need three pendrives but if you only want Android Auto, you only apply USB3. It's recommended to apply three USB. Toyota system only works with fat32. 

Thank you for your help !  Sorry If I ask too many questions, but I want to be 100% certain and not destroy my car.

Which size is required for USB1, USB2 and USB3 ? In other words is 1GB for USB1, 16GB for USB2 and 32GB for USB3 enough or will the update process write more files to the drives ?

How do I get started ? Do I put in USB1 and start the "software update" of the car ?

Where can I find out how to start the "service menu" in my 2020 Camry ? Turning off the screen and swiping 5 times left then 5 times right does not work for me.. I need to find out the RefNo of the Panasonic multimedia system (similar to CV-CS77xxxxx). I really don't want to unscrew any parts of my dashboard...

Thanks a lot in advance, my Camry will love the update 🙂

Please help me friends I live in Saudi Arabia and I need help updating this

EB855194-EFEB-4A92-B9FF-E5D705F2BB1D.jpeg

67C718FF-60F0-456F-B1AC-C6074A9F46CE.jpeg

46793B40-725B-401B-BCA6-DC3B4BDBA918.jpeg

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links