Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Waiting for new Corolla news

PACorolla

Yes seen that as well let’s hope nothing changes my new corolla is stuck up there waiting to be transported down to dealers.

Just hope they are not rushed in catching up with lost time.

Wonder what demand will be like post Covid. Seem a ready supply of used ones. Like the scarlet flare colour.

James.

With a bit of luck the wait will be over soon as Toyota at Burnaston Derby will be starting back on the Tuesday 26th May 2020 But before work starts the staff will have training for Health and Safety and social distancing at work.

Hodgson Toyota, (Silverlinks) Newcastle, are starting up 1st June for sales and general service using an appointment system (fully geared up for safety/social distancing for staff and customers). 

7 hours ago, Rambler56 said:

Hodgson Toyota, (Silverlinks) Newcastle, are starting up 1st June for sales and general service using an appointment system (fully geared up for safety/social distancing for staff and customers). 

My dealer Jemca in Bracknell (and I guess their 6 other dealerships in London and close to) are also planning to start up on June 1 in a similar manner. Appointment only visits, no drop-ins at all any more. New Corolla gets closer!

Just had a call from the dealership, I have an appointment to pick up the car 3rd June.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Rambler56 said:

Just had a call from the dealership, I have an appointment to pick up the car 3rd June.

You’ll love it, the best Corolla ever and that’s saying something.👏👏. Send a few pictures when you can.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Picked up the car on Wednesday in accordance with the social distancing regulations, so quite an unusual experience, albeit quite painless.  The major issues were accessing the  customer toilets, which are out of bounds, and the explanation of car controls from a distance.

The car was spot on, everything as expected, and the handover went without a hitch.

First impressions of the car:

• Scarlet flame looks majestic on the Excel TS
  • The seats appear to be full leather (was expecting half leather)
  • The car is already Apple CarPlay ready (was expecting it to be a necessary update and cost as the car was delivered to the dealer late March)
  • Registering multimedia via Toyota Online, in car using a wifi hotspot, was traumatic as the download was painfully slow, and the installation even slower (the supplied instructions/terminology is misleading so I had to go off process to complete registration and map updates).
  • Average consumption currently up to just over 50mpg with not much more on the odometer so happy with the way the economy is going.
  • Getting to grips with the light steering (as expected)
  • Switched off LSA before leaving the dealers, not a fan
  • Radar cruise works well, reducing speed on the steering retards speed well (previous car 'eventually' slowed down when you adjusted the speed down)
  • Smooth ride, no issues with road noise
  • Wife loves it, calls it Lola the Corolla, I added that it was the only name it could have with it being an auto TRANSmission (sorry, my warped sense of humour, ex military!)

I'll get around to some pics when the weather picks up.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Scarlet Flare is the colour I would have if I won the lottery.

It brings out the shape and sets it off. Enjoy your new motor!:thumbsup:

James.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Rambler56 said:

Picked up the car on Wednesday in accordance with the social distancing regulations, so quite an unusual experience, albeit quite painless.  The major issues were accessing the  customer toilets, which are out of bounds, and the explanation of car controls from a distance.

The car was spot on, everything as expected, and the handover went without a hitch.

First impressions of the car:

• Scarlet flame looks majestic on the Excel TS
  • The seats appear to be full leather (was expecting half leather)
  • The car is already Apple CarPlay ready (was expecting it to be a necessary update and cost as the car was delivered to the dealer late March)
  • Registering multimedia via Toyota Online, in car using a wifi hotspot, was traumatic as the download was painfully slow, and the installation even slower (the supplied instructions/terminology is misleading so I had to go off process to complete registration and map updates).
  • Average consumption currently up to just over 50mpg with not much more on the odometer so happy with the way the economy is going.
  • Getting to grips with the light steering (as expected)
  • Switched off LSA before leaving the dealers, not a fan
  • Radar cruise works well, reducing speed on the steering retards speed well (previous car 'eventually' slowed down when you adjusted the speed down)
  • Smooth ride, no issues with road noise
  • Wife loves it, calls it Lola the Corolla, I added that it was the only name it could have with it being an auto TRANSmission (sorry, my warped sense of humour, ex military!)

I'll get around to some pics when the weather picks up.

Yes, the specs changed late last year. Drivers picking up from November reported that Android and Apple were included, and the full leather is an update for 2020 models.

Good decision switching off LSA, You might want it if you do a very long motorway journey, but if you have never had it, you won't miss it.

Enjoy.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Timmon said:

Yes, the specs changed late last year. Drivers picking up from November reported that Android and Apple were included, and the full leather is an update for 2020 models.

Good decision switching off LSA, You might want it if you do a very long motorway journey, but if you have never had it, you won't miss it.

Enjoy.

The brochure I was given in March must have been the previous issue as it did not include the GR model, happy to get the later spec. 

I had LSA on my previous car and it was actually difficult to feel when it was on so just switched it off.  Having read that it was quite intrusive on the Corolla it was the first thing to be turned off, quickly followed by switching the speedo from analogue to digital.

C780A241-56D1-4D03-9DC2-23AE6D2C0816.JPG

• Like 4

Yes, I doubt they reprint the brochure so quickly. The sales person missed a trick by not boosting his sales pitch by mentioning the extra features you were going to get.

Nice car, you must be pleased.

• Thanks 1

The print date on brochures is on the back cover.

Strange question but here goes... Delivery of my Corolla 2.0 hybrid Excel due 25/6. What tyres will be fitted? 

I think you will get Falken ZE914 . That is the tyre supplied for UK Excel's, and looking at Les's new car above, that tyre is still being supplied.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

The print date on brochures is on the back cover.

Just checked, it's the July 2019 edition brochure.  To be fair I only looked at the brochure several days after ordering the car back in March and my test drive was not in Excel trim so I just assumed part leather was what I was getting.  The car was delivered to the dealer just as the lockdown started so I ended up reading the print off the brochure over the last several weeks, it as only when I clicked on the online brochure/specification recently to check on a couple of standard items that I noticed the brochure included the GR and Trek!  The main reason for the TS rather than the hatch was because I needed a tow bar to take a couple of E-bikes plus the extra boot space for road trips is very handy.  The only additional extras specified were the tow bar, space saver spare wheel (hate the gunk kits with a passion), and the full protection pack with mudflaps and scuff plates etc.  Just need this lockdown to ease further so I can get some family trips in and also test the long range comfort of the car.

My 2020 Excel TS came with the spare wheel as standard. I collected it in January. All spec shown the web and described by the dealer were as delivered except the spare, web said TRK. 

• Like 1

I know when I bought mine back in Feb 2019, I was amazed how hard it is to actually find out what you are going to get!

Mainly due to all the different specs around the world. I thought I was getting a physical 1st launch gear, no that is for the USA. A guy from the USA told me I could not be getting a sun roof, you can't have that with the Corolla. No, that applies to the States, in UK, you can have one. Etc, Etc!  

So, no way is a brochure going to be always up to date, even the web is not quite often.

So Toyota has built its 4.5-millionth car in the UK recently - a Corolla hatchback - according to this report in Automotive Blog today - http://automotiveblog.co.uk/2020/06/toyota-produces-4-5-millionth-british-built-car/

I wonder if my Corolla HB is any closer to being delivered. My dealer told me last month that June 26 is the date showing in Toyota's database, just two weeks away. No recent news from the dealer, though...

Today, by chance, I looked at the information about my order in the My Toyota portal. Surprise! For the first time since the end of January, it doesn't say "Processing Order" but instead, "Build in Progress." Time to get a bit excited! 😃🤗🥳

• Like 2

On Wednesday, My Toyota status started showing "In Transit"! The car is built, has left the factory and is in post-manufacture inspections, tests, checks, etc before heading out from Burnaston on a transporter to Bracknell. Yesterday I was at the dealer signing various paperworks including the DVLA paper to confirm registration details. Once the car arrives the dealer will fit some accessories I ordered so things look like they could be on track for me to pick up the car within the next week. Excitement building! 😊

• Like 4

So great to read Luke. I ordered my 1.8 TS end of February so im hoping mine is nearly close to being built. Were you using the app or the website to keep on top of the build? Everyone happy with their new cars ? 

• Like 1

...And this morning June 23 I see in My Toyota portal that the status is "Arrived at Retailer"! Looking forward to discussing with dealer re collection date! Aiming for this weekend so they'll have good time to inspect it, check it, fit the accessories, get it all beautiful 😊

• Like 2