Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Waiting for new Corolla news

PACorolla

12 hours ago, Devine said:

So great to read Luke. I ordered my 1.8 TS end of February so im hoping mine is nearly close to being built. Were you using the app or the website to keep on top of the build? Everyone happy with their new cars ? 

Hi Andrew. I've been using the website to track progress. I ordered my car at the end of January, about a month before you. From then the portal showed nothing but "Processing Order" until a few weeks ago when it quickly progressed through the various factory build stages until today's display of "Arrived at Retailer."

So my experience is 5 months or 20 weeks from order to delivery including nearly 3 months or 12 weeks in lockdown and factory shutdown. I guess that's not too bad under the circumstances. As the saying goes, your mileage may vary! But here's hoping you get yours very soon.

• Thanks 1

Finally, the day came to collect my new Corolla, done early this morning from my dealer. Thrilled to bits obvs, and I do plan a post with first impressions in a week or so. Meanwhile, I posted a pic in this thread - 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/27/2020 at 4:48 PM, Luke717 said:

Finally, the day came to collect my new Corolla, done early this morning from my dealer. Thrilled to bits obvs, and I do plan a post with first impressions in a week or so. Meanwhile, I posted a pic in this thread - 

How you finding it?

5 hours ago, PinkTiger89 said:

How you finding it?

A total delight! The car is solidly built, offers a super driving experience, seats are so comfortable and fit well. Road noise is well below what I expected (and way better than in my previous Ford Focus). The acid test - the M25 between Leatherhead and Reigate. Concrete slabs make up the roadway that give me a headache usually. Not in this car! I have more superlatives 😊 One issue that blurs the otherwise blue sky concerns an A/C fault that is a warranty-repair matter (see thread in this forum). But that doesn't detract from my overall 4-star rating.

Aiming to get a pros and cons summary here soon.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

When you guys tracked your motor on the app or portal, did it show the transporter ? Haha as it says my motor is in transit, but i wondered if it showed the car actually travelling down to my dealer? Can you tell im excited ?

Love that you love the motor Luke!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Devine said:

When you guys tracked your motor on the app or portal, did it show the transporter ? Haha as it says my motor is in transit, but i wondered if it showed the car actually travelling down to my dealer? Can you tell im excited ?

I don't recall seeing the transporter other than as the little icon on the various stages of progress of the car's manufacture as shown in the MyT portal. Here's a screenshot of the final stage of my car's construction journey last month - it arrived at the dealer! Similar to what you'll soon be seeing, I imagine.

I do indeed! 

itsarrived.png

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Got my 2.0 litre yesterday. Oh my word what a car. Drove back from swindon to Bristol and got 58.8 mpg. Wife took it out today and got 59.9 mpg on  a short trip. Magnificent car.

20200720_170449.jpg

• Like 8

Denim Blue, beautiful colour! By next summer or 5-6,000 miles, your mpg will be even better. But not in winter!

• Like 2

I like the Corolla in Scarlet Flare or Denim Blue. Really sets it off.

James.

• Like 1

Yes, I got Denim Blue because I thought everyone would go for Red! I do like the Red, and Denim Blue was my second choice really, but I am pleased I chose it.

In the event, I have only seen 1 red, and multiples of the other colours, and just 1 other Denim Blue. So I need not have worried about picking the same colour as most other drivers. 

Everyone seems to comment on the Denim Blue, even today, I had a chap admiring it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Timmon said:

Yes, I got Denim Blue because I thought everyone would go for Red! I do like the Red, and Denim Blue was my second choice really, but I am pleased I chose it.

In the event, I have only seen 1 red, and multiples of the other colours, and just 1 other Denim Blue. So I need not have worried about picking the same colour as most other drivers. 

Everyone seems to comment on the Denim Blue, even today, I had a chap admiring it.

Yes, its a good colour. Red like you would be my first choice then denim blue as a change from grey, silver etc.

On my 2015 Auris I bought in January, I chose the car as I liked the blue colour which was Island Blue!

Blue is probably more sensible as suspect the red may fade if keeping the car many years?

James.

On 7/11/2020 at 10:33 AM, Devine said:

Lil off topic but I used to work for a Peugeot main dealer and had to drive brand new cars on and off those twin layered transporters. Scared me s******s the first few times but you really do learn some excellent parking skills 🤣

On 7/23/2020 at 10:55 PM, Auris James said:

Yes, its a good colour. Red like you would be my first choice then denim blue as a change from grey, silver etc.

On my 2015 Auris I bought in January, I chose the car as I liked the blue colour which was Island Blue!

Blue is probably more sensible as suspect the red may fade if keeping the car many years?

James.

I am not sure how much cars fade these days. In the past I had a yellow car, really nice colour at the time, which was a shocker for fading! And a light blue one that got lighter, But that was years ago. Hopefully, that issue is not such a problem. But I am making sure the car is treated to protect it. I note the modern paint is far more prone to swirl marks. My SAAB was 17 years old when I changed to Corolla, and hardly a swirl on it, despite using car washes.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

I've done a review of the car if you wanna check  it out guys. All self shot on my own with a wobbly camera but still fun lol 

My delivery (1.8 HB Icon Tech) in mid September. A couple of things I have found out since test driving the Excell but buying the Icon Tech.

1) Only the top spec Corolla has seat back pockets in the drivers seat - bit cheap Toyota?

2) Only the top spec has a USB port in the middle box storage - again, bit cheap by Toyota.

Other than that looking forward to picking up the new cars soon.

PS - does anyone know if with the space saver wheel fitted you get the same boot space or is it raised slightly?

On 7/11/2020 at 4:36 PM, Luke717 said:

I don't recall seeing the transporter other than as the little icon on the various stages of progress of the car's manufacture as shown in the MyT portal. Here's a screenshot of the final stage of my car's construction journey last month - it arrived at the dealer! Similar to what you'll soon be seeing, I imagine.

I do indeed! 

itsarrived.png

How long did it take from "build in Progress" to delivery at garage? Thanks

Has anyone gone for the Toyota ProTect coating treatment and is it worth it. My order is in scarlet flare.

13 hours ago, HybridLover said:

My delivery (1.8 HB Icon Tech) in mid September. A couple of things I have found out since test driving the Excell but buying the Icon Tech.

When did you order yours?

Still waiting for mine!!!

I ordered a 2.0 Design on 10/8 and the estimated delivery to Dealer is 14/9

Ordered on 1 Aug and estimated delivery is mid Sept.

17 hours ago, HybridLover said:

Has anyone gone for the Toyota ProTect coating treatment and is it worth it. My order is in scarlet flare.

I had it done on my vehicle as I got a good discount on it as part of the deal, but to be honest I don't think it's made any differance at all. The inside protection of the seats is probably worth doing though. I'm getting better protection by using Williams F1 wash and wax I reckon. Been using the stuff for years now.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Wudzi said:

I ordered a 2.0 Design on 10/8 and the estimated delivery to Dealer is 14/9

2 hours ago, HybridLover said:

Ordered on 1 Aug and estimated delivery is mid Sept.

I ordered mine back in March!! Current date 5/9 but I'm not holding my breathe!! My company at one point asked if I wanted to cancel and order something else! It so better be worth it!!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bigblock said:

I had it done on my vehicle as I got a good discount on it as part of the deal, but to be honest I don't think it's made any differance at all. The inside protection of the seats is probably worth doing though. I'm getting better protection by using Williams F1 wash and wax I reckon. Been using the stuff for years now.

interesting, ta. I think I'll give it a miss and just use fabric protector for the upholstery.

Do you get floors mats as standard on all trim levels of the Corolla, another thing Ii didn't check?

2 hours ago, HybridLover said:

Do you get floors mats as standard on all trim levels of the Corolla, another thing Ii didn't check?

Can't answer for all models, the Excel came with carpet floor mats. I bought Diamond fitted mats for mine, fitted over the carpet, and put the supplied mats on the top, except on the drivers side, where I am not using the supplied mat as it would be dangerous to do so. The Diamond fitted mats were worth doing as they protect the fitted carpet, and are easy to wash down if you go for a walk on a wet day.

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links