Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rav4 - cigar lighter fuse

Bwh

I have a 2019/20 rav4 hybrid. The cigar lighter doesn’t work. So I’m assuming the fuse as blown. Can any body direct me to where and which fuse is for the cigar lighter. 

New Toyotas are supplied with abbreviated owners manuals. You can download the full owners manual, which should include the location of fuse boxes and fuses, from MyToyota.

The manual shows the two fuse boxes in the engine compartment, but apparently there is a third and the manual says its under the instrument panel inside the car. I’ve looked looked and looked and i cannot see another fuse box 

1 hour ago, Bwh said:

The manual shows the two fuse boxes in the engine compartment, but apparently there is a third and the manual says its under the instrument panel inside the car. I’ve looked looked and looked and i cannot see another fuse box 

It’s under the glovebox, accessed from the passenger footwell.  It’s a real pain to get to and even harder to work out which each fuse is. The picture in the manual isn’t helpful as it’s a LHD diagram. 

Thanks Adamthenav. Found the third fuse box just where you said and agree they couldn’t have put it in a more awkward place. 

• Haha 1

As I understand, with earlier RAVs it has been relatively straightforward to remove the glovebox which probably makes access to that particular fuse box more straightforward.

And, again on earlier RAVs, the 12v auxilliary socket is not live until the ignition is turned on ... just in case ... 😉