Do Not Sell My Personal Information

UK global window opening & turning off door open alerts

Louie

Hi Guys

Hope you have no been driven crazy by social distancing etc.

Does anyone how to enable remote operation of front and rear windows  using the key fob on this model

It is suppose to work after a second long press having used the remote unlocking. Mine just makes a lot of 

clunking noises on the second press. 

Thanks

Louie

From what i've seen on previous posts is that your dealer can activate that for you. I think it's free but that might depend on the dealer. The same goes for autolocking doors when you reach a certain speed.

• Like 1

hi king crimson

i had this sick feeling in my gut that someone might say that after i read the fine print in the owners manual. However in todays times visiting the dealer is not an option for me at present. Afterall all the dealer is going to do is fiddle with some software the trick is finding it. I  am still looking at the moment its only available in the States as an iPhone app.☹️

Thanks anyway

Louie

My dealership set my Corolla Design  to open and close the windows and pan sunroof via the remote which took them less than 15 minutes and it was done for free charge while I waited 

• Like 1

My dealership also told that they do not have the option in the software tool to "tick" these. I also wanted to open/close the roof and windows using keyfob, but oh well..

• Confused 1

16 hours ago, King Crimson said:

...The same goes for autolocking doors when you reach a certain speed...

For some reason, this must have here function is not available for the Corolla. 

• Like 1

UK dealer enabled the keyfob  window option for me FOC a few days after i collected the car.

Auto locking of doors once moving is not an option in UK as King Crimson comments.  After some research it looks like its not available in UK. I believe its something to do with crash testing! Some standard requires a auto-locked door to be  operable from the inside after a crash and they had difficulties in recruiting a living crash dummy for testing!@!!🤕🤕🤕🤕

• Like 1

Pretty sure i saw a post made about the autolocking doors and everyone said that it can be enabled by the dealer but i could be wrong.

• Like 1

My car is a Toyota Corolla 2.0 Design and it a UK model and my dealer found the option to remote open and close the windows and sunroof with no problem. If your dealership is telling it can't be done I would contact Toyota customer service and they will contact Toyota technical services and they will tell you and your dealership it can be set up. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PACorolla said:

UK dealer enabled the keyfob  window option for me FOC a few days after i collected the car...

I got my dealer to do it on my 2019 RAV4 before delivery, also FOC.

4 hours ago, PACorolla said:

Auto locking of doors once moving is not an option in UK as King Crimson comments...

I'm surprised by this.  It's available on the 2019 onwards RAV4 and most of the systems in the new Corolla seems to match the RAV.

In fact, it's enabled by the owner through the menus on the multimedia screen.  There's also an option to change it so the doors lock when the selector is moved away from "P" and re-lock when "P" is again selected.

I think it's the fact that most dealers don't even know what they can even do. As Rivo said his dealer didn't have the option to open and close his windows from the key fob while other dealers did have that option.  

You can enable these features using the Carista app and an Obdlink LX / Carista OBD device, on the Corolla. The Obdlink LX is better than the Carista OBD device when it comes to hybrid HSD4 features, as the HybridAssistant app shows a lot more detail, but for the Carista app, it makes no difference. If you can do this with an app, surely the dealers must be able to do it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Leo63 said:

My car is a Toyota Corolla 2.0 Design and it a UK model and my dealer found the option to remote open and close the windows and sunroof with no problem. If your dealership is telling it can't be done I would contact Toyota customer service and they will contact Toyota technical services and they will tell you and your dealership it can be set up. 

Yup worth a try its really annoying that i have to refer to a dealer for every slight mod did not have to do any of this crap with my golf but so far pleased with the car so will persevere. I will give my dealer a call tomorrow for suggestions but its a real pain getting through to the workshop have better luck getting through to the Pope.I will keep you guys posted if there is any trick software available.

It's certainly useful on days (like today) when the sun makes the car hot while parked to be able to open all the windows as soon as within keyfob range, so the worst of the heat has been let out by the time you get it the car.

• Like 1

This is the list of adjustable settings using Carista, including the window settings, read from my Corolla this morning. I've turned the annoying seat dings off on mine, as I use the car for work, and the rear seats are far too sensitive to having boxes on etc. The warning still flashes on the display (which is fine for me) but I'm no longer being deafened when transporting heavy items.

Dings & Warnings:

Seat belt warning ding (driver)
      ENABLED / *DISABLED*

Seat belt warning ding (front passenger)
      ENABLED / *DISABLED*

Seat belt warninig ding (rear right passenger)
      ENABLED / *DISABLED*

Seat belt warninig ding (rear left passenger)
      ENABLED / *DISABLED*

Seat belt warninig ding (rear center passenger)
      ENABLED / *DISABLED*

Ding when key is left in the car
      *ENABLED* / DISABLED

Ding when key is out of the car and ignition is on
      *YES* / NO

Ding when headlights are left on
      *YES* / NO

Remote low Battery warning
      *ON* / OFF

Driver Assist:

Default distance for Pre-Collision System (PCS) alarm when the PCS switch is turned off and back on
      *NORMAL* / REMEMBER LAST DISTANCE

Default distance for Pre-Collision System (PCS) alarm when the ignition is turned on with the PCS switch off
      *NORMAL* / REMEMBER LAST DISTANCE

Heater & A/C:

Auto-turn on A/C when AUTO button pressed (if needed)
      *YES* / NO

Auto-turn on recirculate mode when A/C is on
      *YES* / NO

Open vents to outside air when ignition is turned off
      *YES* / NO

Auto-increase blower speed when front defroster is on
      *YES* / NO

Open air flow to footwell when AUTO button pressed
      *YES* / NO

Ambient temperature calibration
      -3°C / -2°C / -1°C / *NORMAL* / +1°C / +2°C / +3°C

A/C ECO mode
      *ENABLED* / DISABLED

A/C compressor noise reduction
      ENABLED / *DISABLED*

S-Flow function
      *ENABLED* / DISABLED

Instruments: Displays & Nav:

Instrument lights dimming sensitivity
      DARKEST / DARKER / *NORMAL* / LIGHTER / LIGHTEST

Instrument lights restoring sensitivity

Engine start indicator
      *ON* / OFF

Display odometer after ignition is turned off for…
      *30 SECONDS* / 1 MINUTE / 10 MINUTES / OFF

Lights: Automatic:

Auto headlights activation threshold

Lights: Exterior:

Lane-change turn signal auto-flasher count
      OFF / *3 FLASHES* / 4 FLASHES / 5 FLASHES / 6 FLASHES / 7 FLASHES

Turn signal click volume
      LOW / *MEDIUM* / HIGH

Coming-home lights duration
      *30 SECONDS* / 60 SECONDS / 90 SECONDS / 120 SECONDS

Lights: Interior:

Interior light control
      *ENABLED* / DISABLED

Turn on interior lights when you shut off engine
      *YES* / NO

Turn on interior lights when you unlock doors
      *YES* / NO

Turn on interior lights when smart key in range
      *YES* / NO

Dim interior lights after…
      7 SECONDS / *15 SECONDS* / 30 SECONDS

Interior footlight (bright when doors open, dim when driving)
      *YES* / NO

Interior lights linked to footlight
      *YES* / NO

Turn on interior door-handle & center console lights dimly (flood lights) when ignition is on and shifter is not in park (P)
      *YES* / NO

Locking: Automatic:

Wireless door locking
      *ENABLED* / DISABLED

Re-lock doors automatically if you unlock, but don't open a door within…
      *30 SECONDS* / 60 SECONDS / 120 SECONDS

Locking: Doors & Alarm:

Unlock doors via remote
      DRIVER'S DOOR ON 1ST PRESS, ALL ON 2ND / *ALL DOORS ON 1ST PRESS*

Unlock doors via physical key

Unlock doors via smart key (door handle button)

Warn (beep) when door can't be locked because it's still open
      *YES* / NO

Warn (beep) when a window is still open when locking doors
      *YES* / NO

Warn (beep) when sunroof is still open when locking doors
      *YES* / NO

Disarm the alarm when unlocking with key from door lock
      YES / *NO*

Locking: Smart Key:

Stop monitoring for car key signal after…

Touch-to-unlock-doors minimum duration
      OFF / SHORT / *MEDIUM* / LONG

After locking with smart key, don't allow re-opening within…
      0.5 SECONDS / 1.5 SECONDS / *2.5 SECONDS* / 5 SECONDS

Smart key location to start car
      FRONT SEATS / *ANYWHERE IN VEHICLE*

Open trunk via smart key
      DISABLED / DOUBLE CLICK / *LONG PRESS*

Mirrors:

Auto fold side-view mirrors (req. power folding mirrors)
      WITH IGNITION / *WITH DOOR LOCKS* / DISABLED

Parking Sensors:

Parking sensor beep volume
      LOW / *MEDIUM* / HIGH

Rear center parking sensor range
      SHORT / *LONG*

Trunk:

Open trunk lid with remote
      SINGLE CLICK / DOUBLE CLICK / *LONG PRESS* / VERY LONG PRESS / DISABLED

Unlock trunk when doors are unlocked
      *ON* / OFF

Windows & Sunroof:

Open windows and sunroof via long-press on remote
      ON / *OFF*

Close windows and sunroof via long-press on remote
      ON / *OFF*

Open windows and sunroof by turning and holding key in door lock
      ON / *OFF*

Close windows and sunroof by turning and holding key in door lock
      ON / *OFF*

Beep when opening/closing windows with remote
      *YES* / NO

Open driver's window using single button press
      *YES* / NO

Close driver's window using single button press
      *YES* / NO

Open passenger's window using single button press
      *YES* / NO

Close passenger's window using single button press
      *YES* / NO

Rear-left window single-touch-close
      *YES* / NO

Rear-left window single-touch-close
      *YES* / NO

Rear-right window single-touch-close
      *YES* / NO

Rear-right window single-touch-close
      *YES* / NO

Passenger window single-touch-open from driver's switch
      *YES* / NO

Passenger window single-touch-close from driver's switch
      *YES* / NO

Rear-left window single-touch-open from driver's switch
      *YES* / NO

Rear-left window single-touch-close from driver's switch
      *YES* / NO

Rear-right window single-touch-open from driver's switch
      *YES* / NO

Rear-right window single-touch-close from driver's switch
      *YES* / NO

Obtained with Carista 5.0.1 for Android.

If an app on a mobile phone can make these changes, then the dealer certainly should be able to, it's just a matter of how helpful and willing they are.

• Like 4

Hi Guys

Definitely not going dealer route. I have ordered the Carista dongle from Amazon at about £25 plus membership fee which is about £13 for a month or £33 for a year. 

This should enable  you to carry out all the custom mods on your vehicle. I am not 100% sure on membership fees as they vary enormously from country to country so will confirm.

I have downloaded the Carista App from the Apple store on to my iPhone and will commence fiddling tomorrow when my dongle arrives.

Many thanks to all for your contribution  I am  blown away by response and will keep you guys posted on how i get on as it if it all comes together it should save you guys  a lot of inconvenience. ( I hate sitting around in dealers showrooms for whatever reason)

You get a free month with the Carista dongle.

Well the first month is free - but you do have to enable a subscription. Not sure how it works on Apple products, but on an Android device you enable the subscription via the Google Play store, but you can cancel it immediately and just use the first month free, without being charged. Any other changes you want to make in the future, you'd have to take out another subscription.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Howdy!

First post on here so try and be nice !!

I've ordered a Corolla Icon Tech Sports Touring.  I currently have a Vauxhall Insignia, and when I hold down the open button on the fob, all the windows go down, and also go up when the lock button is held down.

What I would like to know is....Does this happen on the Icon Tech?

Many Thanks in advance!

Welcome to the forum... and don't worry, people on here are generally civilized and reasonable. ☺️

I think you will most likely find this option Is NOT available by default and not a user configurable item. However it CAN be enabled by the dealer who can change the relevant software setting for you. I've had it done on my 2019 Corolla and it was free of charge. So I suggest you give your dealer a bell and ask if they can do this when they take delivery of the car. It's a 2-minute job.

PS. Oops. Just noticed your mention of "smart entry". The option I spoke of relates to the key fob buttons enabling the universal window opening facility. I don't know about keyless entry if that is what you are getting. Perhaps someone else can answer the keyless question.

• Like 1

Keyless entry is only available on trek and excel or saloon in design trim. 

• Like 2

Hi!

Many Thanks for you both for the prompt replies!

Its such a shame that a simple 2 minute job cannot be done at the factory...but I'll pop to one of the dealerships when I receive the car (its a company car) and see if I can be cheeky and ask them to do it.

Regarding the keyless entry....is that not the same as the smart entry?

• Like 1

Yes, I *think* keyless and smart are one and the same. You walk up to the car with the fob in your pocket and it will unlock as you reach for the handle which has a sensor on it. You then get in and press the Start button to get going (no key in ignition needed).

The non-smart way is with a normal key fob with a couple of buttons to unlock/lock the doors (and open/close all windows as we have been discussing). Start button operation to get going is the same.

Some people don't like the idea of smart entry as there is the risk of some lowlife remotely hacking into your keyless system to get into your car while you're tucked up in bed. 

20 minutes ago, Velvet--Glove said:

Yes, I *think* keyless and smart are one and the same. You walk up to the car with the fob in your pocket and it will unlock as you reach for the handle which has a sensor on it. You then get in and press the Start button to get going (no key in ignition needed).

The non-smart way is with a normal key fob with a couple of buttons to unlock/lock the doors (and open/close all windows as we have been discussing). Start button operation to get going is the same.

Some people don't like the idea of smart entry as there is the risk of some lowlife remotely hacking into your keyless system to get into your car while you're tucked up in bed. 

Ah thats great then, looking at the website it looks like it does have the smart entry system.  Useful for me anyway! Yeah I can understand why people don't like the system, but my keys are always locked in a metal key box at night anyway.  I've heard some right horror stories!

Thanks Valvet--Glove for your info!

The only three version above have sensors in the handle, the rest you will need the remote to unlock and lock the car. This extra is so useful, once you have the key fob in your pocket that’s it, no need to take it out, minimising the risk of loosing it.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TonyHSD said:

The only three version above have sensors in the handle, the rest you will need the remote to unlock and lock the car. This extra is so useful, once you have the key fob in your pocket that’s it, no need to take it out, minimising the risk of loosing it.

Hi TonyHSD,

Thanks for the reply, appreciate it! I've just checked the specs for the icon tech and it says that it has smart entry and auto up, down windows. I presume this is something different then?