Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Battery Problem?

Mafio

The 'warranty' is obviously written so they never pay out.  They cover a failed cell but they don't cover the Battery if the terminal voltage falls below 11.9V - which it would be, if it had a failed cell!  As far as I can see the only cover would be for a completely shorted Battery - never heard of that happening.

Hi guy's.  The RAC technician was wrong. He should measure the voltage of the Battery if it was not starting the car. He should of then jumped the Battery to start the car and measure the Battery voltage to check the charge input. Like I said before it is possible to have a faulty internal cell which would not accept or maintain its charge, which would eventually drop the voltage to approximately 10 to 11.9 volts.🤔

• Like 1

Just as a matter of interest the Battery that I purchased was a Bosch S5005 cost £76.34 eBay bargain_autoparts. So far absolutely no problem.

16 hours ago, Catlover said:

If you suggesting the 11.9v clause was not listed n the conditions when you bought the battery why not challenge the RAC direct, perhaps getting advice from some free organisation such as Citizens Advice etc. You could come unstuck if you just start going Facebook etc then you are challenged and proved not correct. Just saying - be aware.

Sensible comment Joe, i will contact them in fairly simple terms and consider their response.

• 5 months later...

RAC said    " Do You really think we will honour our 5 yr Warranty? Ho Ho Ho"   or words to that effect.

I was letting this go, but as the cold spells have more force now i think i will start a new thread to make folks aware that the RAC have not rid themselves of their Battery scam habits that were revealed on TV  some 6 or so years ago .

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links