Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hybrid Map Update Suggestions

roadster-rav

Didn't think was going to get a reply 😀

Thanks to Bwh and Devon Aygo that info will be useful.

New car reaches dealer on Friday 3rd July, pick up Tuesday 6th. 

On 6/22/2020 at 2:10 PM, Bwh said:

...This sorts out the problem with the nav always defaulting to north...

Presumably only for the main (full screen) Nav display?

Or does the smaller Nav display in the Home screen now allow directional?

On 6/14/2020 at 6:25 PM, scar said:

...How can I tell if the software/maps installed are the latest...

You probably should expect to need to do the update for the map data - I've never received a new Toyota with the latest map version installed (even if the software is up to date).  From comments I've seen on these boards, I don't think many, if any, have fared better.

The smaller nav display in the home screen hasn’t changed. 

• Thanks 1

image.thumb.png.fb251cc3a6be464e2cf2e4f681b84e1d.png

Is it possible to update this one from the mytoyota estore site or is it a dealer job? I have a 2018 RAV4 Excel 

Thanks

Yes you can do it yourself, you'll still be in the 3 year free update period so you'll get it for free.

The current software is 6.15.0L  👍

3 hours ago, Bwh said:

Watched a few youtube videos for facelifted C-HR with the new MM19 headunit and looks like home screen on them is taking settinngs from the main map screen.
On my RAV4 with MM17 and nav v1530, small screen is always pointing north (as it should). However a few times now it randomly changed to the direction of travel, but reverts back to pointing north on car off/on or change to full screen map and back to home screen. Doesn't bother me to be honest, kids preffer it actually.

On 6/25/2020 at 11:06 AM, Bwh said:

this is my biggest gripe with the home screen when you have satnav.
A: you cannot remove it and is always present.
B: sat Nav points North and not direction of Travel, which wouldn't be an issue if you could remove it from the home screen

Hey ho. 

On 6/25/2020 at 2:07 PM, duncerduncs said:

Yes you can do it yourself, you'll still be in the 3 year free update period so you'll get it for free.

The current software is 6.15.0L  👍

Thanks so much - I am downloading now - as you say covered by the 3 year update period. 

Would the ToyotaTouch2Go on my 2018 RAV4 be compatible with the Apple Car update that I have seen people mention? 

41 minutes ago, eddiey1 said:

Would the ToyotaTouch2Go on my 2018 RAV4 be compatible with the Apple Car update that I have seen people mention? 

No.

11 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

No.

Thanks! Don;t really want to put in a third party head unit - will see how I get on with the existing one for the time being

For those not aware, you can change the two smaller boxes on the Home Screen by going to the 'Customise home screen' on the Setup menu.  You can have the Audio, ECO, Phone or Clock in the smaller boxes.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/25/2020 at 2:21 PM, Rav4ster said:

Watched a few youtube videos for facelifted C-HR with the new MM19 headunit and looks like home screen on them is taking settinngs from the main map screen.
On my RAV4 with MM17 and nav v1530, small screen is always pointing north (as it should). However a few times now it randomly changed to the direction of travel, but reverts back to pointing north on car off/on or change to full screen map and back to home screen. Doesn't bother me to be honest, kids preffer it actually.

Took a picture of the anomaly, when small nav screen points to the direction of travel, this is on MM17 headunit with nav software 1530

1047150838_RAV4map.thumb.jpg.ad8b7c3233dc97d6f4936868e80bde18.jpg

Followed the details here and updated my new used '19 Excel I'd say it took about 90 mins in total (Nav update took 75 mins alone) for all 3 updates 👍

2 hours ago, Starmans said:

Followed the details here and updated my new used '19 Excel I'd say it took about 90 mins in total (Nav update took 75 mins alone) for all 3 updates 👍

Is the home screen satnav, still stuck at always pointing north?

• 2 weeks later...

My 2020 ( really 2019 ) RAV4 had a strange navdb version of A36_4 so I decided to try to upgrade it to 2020 v1 using usb as can't get wifi in car at home. All was going well....too well! I logged into My Toyota (on Windows 10 notebook) found my car details and managed to download update, unzip and put the 4 files on usb stick in an FMU folder. Put usb in car and got validating update message which was encouraging. After a couple of mins it showed me the request code and asked for a verification code. Tried inserting the request code very carefully, twice but that not accepted. So close and yet so far! Does anyone know what that code is and how I find it? Please help as I really need the update.  Even the guy who delivered the car (covid reasons) ended up facing 2 bollards 100 yards from our house!!

If you look under the 'Purchased' section of the e-store, you should see a screen like this -

2020-07-25_LI.thumb.jpg.9dce3c5e8a52daca688e075e1a976b3b.jpg

When inputting the code you need to be careful with O and 0 (zero)!

Hi all, please help as I’m pulling my hair out, trying to update the maps, i have usb with a folder on it called FMU-2 when i click on it there is 4 iso file’s, is this correct as the car only see’s the usb and nothing on it. I’m using a MacBook and don’t know if these FMU-2 file’s are uncompressed. Please help i did the last update but can’t remember how i did it.thanks all 

• 8 months later...

Just to mention something I found out by trial and error. The Nav system won't read a device bigger than 32Gb, so you really do need either a 16Gb or 32Gb USB device to load the update.

• Thanks 1

• 4 months later...
On 3/29/2021 at 8:58 PM, Physoc said:

Just to mention something I found out by trial and error. The Nav system won't read a device bigger than 32Gb, so you really do need either a 16Gb or 32Gb USB device to load the update.

I used a 256GB USB 3.1 flash drive [model: SanDisk Extreme PRO USB 3.1 - way OTT] formatted to FAT32 and was able to successfully update both head unit display, audio, and nav database. So I suspect your issue is likely due to Windows forcing exFAT file system on drives larger than 32GB which the unit doesn't support. I must advise I do think the process was quicker I'm not sure if the data USB port is 2.0 or 3.0 but the faster read headroom did seem to help.

So, having gone through all these messages so far.

I am still a bit lost on if its possible or makes sense to update the maps.

My software version shows 6.9.0WL and Map ID : 2017 V1.

My car is 2017 RAV4.

Thanks all.

Your maps are 4 years old (probably actually older for the original map data).

It is possible.

Whether it makes sense is up to you.

Thanks Heidfirst. I checked wth the dealer, they will charge around £100 for getting the latest maps.

I am wondering if there is a cheaper or even better free option?

Cheers, Nebu

Official Toyota estore prices

1 map update £120

1 year Mapcare (so 2x updates) + connected services £120

3 year Mapcare (so 6x map updates) + connected services £199

There are people who will supply you with a download map file plus a crack-generated  activation code for less - it's counterfeit/piracy but it should work.

I don't know how long you have had the RAV but it wll have been eligible for free map updates for it's first 3 years, nobody bothered ... 😞

System software updates are free for life.

Hi. Iv got a 2021 rav4 platinum in Ireland..the Nav screen shows me as being in Germany 🇩🇪,  if I plan a route to Dublin, it starts the Nav in  Germany but does not move..

Everytime I start the car, the screen shows me as being on a street in a  German town. Note; Iv not been to Germany. 

It does have the map of Ireland installed,  I can move it to my very street, but it still has the cars location as Germany.. Can any one help with this or have had the a similar issue.