Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hybrid Map Update Suggestions

roadster-rav

4 hours ago, Nebu said:

Thanks Heidfirst. I checked wth the dealer, they will charge around £100 for getting the latest maps.

I am wondering if there is a cheaper or even better free option?

Cheers, Nebu

Have a look on eBay, it’ll set you back £30-35 and take 30 or so minutes for current maps/software. I don’t ask how the activation codes are generated, but they work.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Colm.ie said:

Hi. Iv got a 2021 rav4 platinum in Ireland..the Nav screen shows me as being in Germany 🇩🇪,  if I plan a route to Dublin, it starts the Nav in  Germany but does not move..

Everytime I start the car, the screen shows me as being on a street in a  German town. Note; Iv not been to Germany. 

It does have the map of Ireland installed,  I can move it to my very street, but it still has the cars location as Germany.. Can any one help with this or have had the a similar issue. 

That sounds as though the GPS system isn't working. The car is under warranty - take it back to the dealer ...

agreed, sounds like the aerial is faulty or disconnected.

• Like 1

On 8/5/2021 at 7:53 AM, philip42h said:

That sounds as though the GPS system isn't working. The car is under warranty - take it back to the dealer ...

Yep..back to dealer ...its actually stuck on the location of a toyota building in Belgium ! I guess this is where it was last connected to a GPS signal..Map version is 2020,  iv tried every way to update,  tells me I need to do it via USB, full update required, to big for OTA, but even though the portal tells me iv already  purchased it(V-2021) there is no Download to click....very frustrating.. I'm sure they could make this whole infotainment thing more complicated, although, so far they've done a pretty good job of that.... log in, user name, email, mobile phone,  lap top, Web site, apps, portal, owner area, estore, play store, WiFi, bluetooth, connected, not connected, OTA, USB, ffs! ,online, off line,... you'd need an IT degree just to get things up and running...why don't Toyota just install and activate everything for the man who's spending 40k+ on a car that's supposed to "Make Life Easier " ....

My suggestion would be 

1.Connect

2.Press the  button that's says "Update All" .

3. Relax and wait .

4.Restart - all done...

Too easy!!

cheers for all advise Lads..

1 hour ago, Colm.ie said:

Yep..back to dealer ...its actually stuck on the location of a toyota building in Belgium ! I guess this is where it was last connected to a GPS signal..Map version is 2020,  iv tried every way to update,  tells me I need to do it via USB, full update required, to big for OTA, but even though the portal tells me iv already  purchased it(V-2021) there is no Download to click....very frustrating.. I'm sure they could make this whole infotainment thing more complicated, although, so far they've done a pretty good job of that.... log in, user name, email, mobile phone,  lap top, Web site, apps, portal, owner area, estore, play store, WiFi, Bluetooth, connected, not connected, OTA, USB, ffs! ,online, off line,... you'd need an IT degree just to get things up and running...why don't Toyota just install and activate everything for the man who's spending 40k+ on a car that's supposed to "Make Life Easier " ....

My suggestion would be 

1.Connect

2.Press the  button that's says "Update All" .

3. Relax and wait .

4.Restart - all done...

Too easy!!

cheers for all advise Lads..

TBH, with a working system, it is pretty much exactly that ... 🙂 

They do hide the "Update All" button a bit, and the relaxing wait is surprisingly long ... 😉

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/23/2020 at 12:10 PM, roadster-rav said:

I have just downloaded and installed the 2020/1 map update via USB and here are a few observations which may help others.

1) You will need at least a 16 GByte usb stick, preferably USB3 for speed, the file size is 11.9 Gbytes.

2) If your computer is like mine (Windows 10 64bit ) don't try to unzip by directly copying the FMU folder straight to USB. This was desperately slow and would have taken hours. Instead unzip to your local hard drive ( 2 minutes ) then copy the FMU folder to your USB stick, 3 minutes or so at USB 3 speed of around 80 to 90 MB second.

3) The message on the Toyota screen says the engine must be running but of course the hybrid will only run the engine when it needs to. Just stay in READY mode.

4) Feel free to curse Toyota for requiring a huge validation code to be entered on the touch screen!

There is nothing you can do about the slow install time ( > 1 hour) for the update but the car can be driven while it is in progress.

Hello dear 

Please advise how can I download this file . And Thank You 

On 5/23/2020 at 11:10 AM, roadster-rav said:

I have just downloaded and installed the 2020/1 map update via USB and here are a few observations which may help others.

1) You will need at least a 16 GByte usb stick, preferably USB3 for speed, the file size is 11.9 Gbytes.

2) If your computer is like mine (Windows 10 64bit ) don't try to unzip by directly copying the FMU folder straight to USB. This was desperately slow and would have taken hours. Instead unzip to your local hard drive ( 2 minutes ) then copy the FMU folder to your USB stick, 3 minutes or so at USB 3 speed of around 80 to 90 MB second.

3) The message on the Toyota screen says the engine must be running but of course the hybrid will only run the engine when it needs to. Just stay in READY mode.

4) Feel free to curse Toyota for requiring a huge validation code to be entered on the touch screen!

There is nothing you can do about the slow install time ( > 1 hour) for the update but the car can be driven while it is in progress.

Wow. I assumed all this would be OTA or via the phone app when the phone is plugged in. Gosh, it sounds like 1996. 😥

33 minutes ago, Nick72 said:

Wow. I assumed all this would be OTA or via the phone app when the phone is plugged in. Gosh, it sounds like 1996. 😥

• Like 1

Hi Quite frankly I did this update online on my drive and lost speed cameras.

Asked for help here and got blanked !!!!
Took it to the dealer and they were brilliant. In fact they were so good I took them a box of chocolates as a thank you for good service. And I don’t normally do things like that.

There are issues with doing downloads at home as I understand it so my advice is , take it to the dealer. It cost me nothing. ( apart from the chocolates )

I will say no more.

regards Terry

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Terry10 said:

Hi Quite frankly I did this update online on my drive and lost speed cameras.

Asked for help here and got blanked !!!!
Took it to the dealer and they were brilliant. In fact they were so good I took them a box of chocolates as a thank you for good service. And I don’t normally do things like that.

There are issues with doing downloads at home as I understand it so my advice is , take it to the dealer. IT COST ME NOTHING. ( apart from the chocolates )

I will say no more.

regards Terry

Good advice Terry. My Toyota dealer is utterly superb. Wife had a Toyota from new for 7 years. They'd do anything for her.

Just tried to do the map update to the 2021 version and fell at the first hurdle.

Following the online bit it asks me for a Request Code which I got from the car (2021 Corolla TS) when I entered the code I just got the 'Please enter a valid code' message. Even after checking and double checking the code from the car, I still get the same 'Please enter a valid code' message.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Hi, as I said. Take it to the dealer.It is free so why have the hassle.

For your information, my dealer was so good that when I collected the car they said that they had also carried out another update to do with Battery going flat!!!

I don’t think that there are many people on this site that are even aware that there is an update available for that problem.

The car has a 5 year warranty so why bother playing around with such a complex piece of machinery.

I used to be in the commercial vehicle industry many years ago so know a bit about mechanics.

Its all moved on a lot now so very easy to make a mess of what is a lovely vehicle.

Don't play around with it when you can get it sorted for free.

regards Terry

• Like 2

Does most use the android or Apple auto satnav via the inbuilt one.  that was my general plan. is the Toyota one better and can you use a MacBook to do it.

On 8/22/2021 at 8:25 PM, Terry10 said:

The car has a 5 year warranty

Only on vehicles ordered before 1st June 2021. Vehicles ordered from the 1st June will come with a 3 year/60,000 miles new car warranty and once the new car warranty has expired, will have the Relax warranty if serviced within the Toyota dealer network.

I updated my map on the drive yesterday.  Left it in Ready, came back 30 mins later, restarted the car and it was done.  Havent actually driven it since to know if it is missing anything.

I connected the car to our wireless then on the head unit logged into Toyota online.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links