Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris hybrid flat battery

redredredredred

4 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Toyota's recommendations for 12v battery maintenance during lockdown and which also applies for periods of little use. Posted on the Club in April 2020:

Thanks Frosty... its always interesting reading things like that 🙂  

The "it takes 20 minutes of running to put back what a start takes out" for regular petrol (ad diesel) is something I've heard before, probably 15 to 20 years ago now. Its a bit like the old saying of 1L/1000km for oil consumption. Same today as it was 40 years ago. If this were so then a vehicle with Stop Start would have a flat Battery in no time. It is just a general statement that I would say was incorrect with modern high output charging systems and batteries capable of accepting high charge rates.

It is advice to try and cover all situations and scenarios including the 20+ year old car with a failing Battery and modest charging system.

I still maintain the view that for a modern car (like a Hybrid) to need cosseting and careful watching and management of its Battery so that it can be guaranteed to start when needed is just not (in my personal opinion) acceptable. Micropower electronic design is a field in itself, possibly one Toyota may come around to paying more attention to. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links