Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Wheels

Andy Mckie

Can we put 17 in. Rims on the iq / does it cause any issues with clearance or speedometer accuracy etc

A member has recently been trying to sell their 17 inch wheels they had on their IQ - 

- so the answer to your question is 'yes'.

Obviously you will need to check whether the wheel/tyre combination you use affects the speedometer reading, and there are UK websites you can use to check this. Note that it is illegal for a speedometer to under read - ie show less than the actual speed.

Is that yes  that they are ok and or yes they cause clearance and speedometer issues 

The answer is yes you can fit 17's. As far as I'm aware the wheels Soeley had didn't cause clearance issues. Also need to consider what width you're fitting

Whether they cause speedometer issues depends what tyres you fit with the 17 inch wheels, which is why the advice was to check the effect of whatever wheel/tyre combination you're considering, has on the speedometer reading.

I can confirm fitting those 17" rims caused no problems at all on my iQ, the overall rolling diameter was well within the 3% size difference of the original 16" wheels.

Thanks for your info, however my car is on 15’’ rims so it might be a bit more different for the speedo

I think the 15" & 16" were the same size overall, just the 16" had lower profile tyres, (It's been a while, maybe someone can confirm that?)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links